• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My top 25 QBs of all time

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers and results aren't my opinion. They're called facts . Which ones I used as criteria ( yards , TDs, wins, SBs and MVPs ) are pretty much the same ones the HoF uses though I did look at advanced stats a bit even though you can't really use them too much as they've only recently become trendy .

What criteria would you use ? I'm open to further suggestions
Yards per attempt, Td-int percentage completion percentage, just to name a few

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Numbers and results aren't my opinion. They're called facts . Which ones I used as criteria ( yards , TDs, wins, SBs and MVPs ) are pretty much the same ones the HoF uses though I did look at advanced stats a bit even though you can't really use them too much as they've only recently become trendy .

What criteria would you use ? I'm open to further suggestions
your list is pure opinion....let me know when Ryan appears as the 18 best QB all time to people in the business...also when others consider McNabb better than Bradshaw & Aikman.

The QB position is all about the wins and championships. No other position is all of sports compares. Championships matter in team sports much more than an MVP award. MVP's are special but not the same as championships IMO. MVP is great if you play golf or tennis. MVP awards are as much about a winning team than being the best player in the league, thus no MVP's come from a sub 500 team.

It's your opinion rmilla1...nothing less, nothing more and it carries no more weight than the next guys. It just blows my mind you trash Aikman cause he played with great teammates and didn't play in enough one score games, yet, you rate Bart Starr differently. I watched Bart Starr win the first two SB's and can tell you first hand that he played with many All Pros that kicked some ass on most Sunday's. This logic is flawed....IN MY NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yards per attempt, Td-int percentage completion percentage, just to name a few
I used all those but didn't weigh them as much since it's tougher to compare eras when doing them

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
your list is pure opinion....let me know when Ryan appears as the 18 best QB all time to people in the business...also when others consider McNabb better than Bradshaw & Aikman.

The QB position is all about the wins and championships. No other position is all of sports compares. Championships matter in team sports much more than an MVP award. MVP's are special but not the same as championships IMO. MVP is great if you play golf or tennis. MVP awards are as much about a winning team than being the best player in the league, thus no MVP's come from a sub 500 team.

It's your opinion rmilla1...nothing less, nothing more and it carries no more weight than the next guys. It just blows my mind you trash Aikman cause he played with great teammates and didn't play in enough one score games, yet, you rate Bart Starr differently. I watched Bart Starr win the first two SB's and can tell you first hand that he played with many All Pros that kicked some ass on most Sunday's. This logic is flawed....IN MY NOT SO HUMBLE OPINION.
Fair enough we will agree to disagree

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used all those but didn't weigh them as much since it's tougher to compare eras when doing them
I mean the same could be said about all stats

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the same could be said about all stats
True . That's why I expanded total stats to top 32 overall to try and compensate for eras . I thought about using all advanced stats and using a point addition for each decade a QB is removed from the current one but that seemed like a lot of work lol

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Ken Stabler threw a ton of Ints, but I’d take him over Matt Ryan in a split second, actually a few more on this laughable list....Guy was clutch and had to go through the Steelers to get to the SB.....The mid 70’s was a buzz saw, SO many good teams.....Ken Anderson was tremendous and he never got his due....Eli and a few more wish they had his talent....

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 10 in yards and TDs, 11th in wins , 17th in playoff wins , 2 rings .

Say what you will but pretty much every metric has him as a Top 25 all timer. A cursory look at advanced stats drops him a bit but not enough to be outside the top 25. Eli ( numbers and results wise ) is very similar to a guy like Aikman ( who most have as a no brainer top 25 all timer )

Serious question, where's Philip Rivers on your list?

Rivers came into the league the same year as Eli, has started less games, won more, has considerably more TDs, and has a much higher completion percentage? "Pretty much every metric" says Philip is a much better QB than Eli. Yet Eli is top 25 all time? LOL.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, where's Philip Rivers on your list?

Rivers came into the league the same year as Eli, has started less games, won more, has considerably more TDs, and has a much higher completion percentage? "Pretty much every metric" says Philip is a much better QB than Eli. Yet Eli is top 25 all time? LOL.
Probably the 2 Super Bowls

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the 2 Super Bowls

The only possible contributing factor.

If you're given the choice between Eli in his prime or Rivers in his prime, how many people do you honestly think would take Eli?

Yet rmilia wants me to believe Eli is one of the 25 greatest QBs of all time.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're given the choice between Eli in his prime or Rivers in his prime, how many people do you honestly think would take Eli?

My rankings are result / resume based. Eli's resume is exponentially better than Rivers . If you want a list of 25 most talented QBs thats a different thread

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My rankings are result / resume based. Eli's resume is exponentially better than Rivers . If you want a list of 25 most talented QBs thats a different thread

How?

Rivers has proven himself to be a better QB than Eli. That is undeniable. Can you honestly say you would rather have Eli than Rivers given the choice?

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm way more ok with Eli being on the list than Ryan

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way more ok with Eli being on the list than Ryan

I'm willing to forgive Ryan on the list as rmilia is a Falcons fan, and I understand homerism.

Eli on the list is inexcusable, though.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How?

Rivers has proven himself to be a better QB than Eli. That is undeniable. Can you honestly say you would rather have Eli than Rivers given the choice?
Once again . A results based rankings isn't about anything other than results . Eli has more yards , more TDs, more playoff wins, more overall wins and 2 SBs. You're conflating talent with results .

I was clear in my OP that I used data to determine these rankings not "eye test "

megalodon30

Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again . A results based rankings isn't about anything other than results . Eli has more yards , more TDs, more playoff wins, more overall wins and 2 SBs. You're conflating talent with results .

I was clear in my OP that I used data to determine these rankings not "eye test "

No, he doesn't. Rivers has more wins and far more TDs in 22 less starts. Like I said, Rivers is inarguably the better QB.

I must ask again, if given the choice, would you choose Eli or Rivers?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he doesn't. Rivers has more wins and far more TDs in 22 less starts. Like I said, Rivers is inarguably the better QB.

I must ask again, if given the choice, would you choose Eli or Rivers?
Rivers does not have more time to wins lol. He does have more TDs . That's my bad and I'd take Rivers but if also take lots of different guys over lots of guys that are in my rankings because the rankings are based on results not talent . I'd take Mahomes over every QB in the league right now but that doesn't mean he's had the best career