• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My top 25 QBs of all time

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What criteria did Graham miss? Also, how did Luckman miss the list entirely? I think he meets every criteria.
Raw data numbers for both . Which is super skewed I know but I couldn't compensate enough to equalize without throwing the entire criteria out because it would've been too large

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Raw data numbers for both . Which is super skewed I know but I couldn't compensate enough to equalize without throwing the entire criteria out because it would've been too large
Which is why you can never use raw data only in a criteria for best ever lists. The difference in generations greatly skews numbers and whether we like it or not subjectivity has to be involved. As you already stated in this thread, guys like Esiason and McNabb don't belong on here despite meeting some criteria. And I doubt any rational thinking fan will disagree with that viewpoint. As for MVP's, they are voted on and can be extremely subjective at times.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why you can never use raw data only in a criteria for best ever lists. The difference in generations greatly skews numbers and whether we like it or not subjectivity has to be involved. As you already stated in this thread, guys like Esiason and McNabb don't belong on here despite meeting some criteria. And I doubt any rational thinking fan will disagree with that viewpoint. As for MVP's, they are voted on and can be extremely subjective at times.
There will always be outliers when using actual data although I did not use ONLY raw data . Even if I don't think some guys belong on this list yet ( Ryan ) or at all ( McNabb, Esiason . Manning and in my case Aikman ) it's interesting to see just how much those guys are typically undervalued by the "eye test " when comped to actual results

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers does not have more time to wins

They're now tied. What are you gonna say when Rivers passes him? Eli looks better in his Giants uni than Rivers does in his Chargers and thats why Eli is top 25 all time?

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This (the OP's List) is just a confused pile of gargantuan shit caused by no understanding of football.

NFL-Solomon

The Father of The Potato Salad Poll Option
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway=Most Overrated QB in NFL History
Eli=Most Overrated QB Active

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning can't even touch Montana. While stats do matter (otherwise I'd have Bradshaw in the top 5), Super Bowls count more than any stats. And Montana was one of the best when the pressure was highest.

Also, Drew Brees is better than Marino is literally every single way. Your ranking is just disrespectful to him. Drew Brees has played for only one more season, however, he is way more accurate (67% vs. 59%), threw for 13,000 more yards, more yards per completion, more yards per game, 100 more touchdowns, 20 less interceptions, and was 11 points better out of QB rating. And he won a Super Bowl, despite playing for the Aints most of his career. And he's going to own basically every single record before he's through, and is a famously great leader and icon for his city. Bad ranking.

1. Tom Brady
2. Joe Montana
3. Johnny Unitas
4. Drew Brees
4. Peyton Manning (I think they're about equal, though Brees probably will pass him)
6. Sammy Baugh
7. Otto Graham
8. Brett Favre
9. John Elway
10. Roger Staubach

This list is embarrassing.

Baugh and Graham at 6 and 7...I can live with it but it seems like you are forcing them in there. Both aren't top 10. No Steve Young or Marino is beyond delusional...it's like you haven't watched a game in your life. Elway at 9 too LOL

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So instead of picking apart other people's I'm going to post mine .

I looked at a lot of numbers to compile this lists .

Namely I looked at total yards , total TDs , MVPs won, playoff record , regular season record , super bowls made and super bowls won .

I looked at the Top 32 in all those categories and then cross referenced them all vs each other to get a final tally . This worked well for modern era QBs but i did have to do some educated guessing with older guys who played a different game basically .

Results

1. Tom Brady
2. Peyton Manning
3. Joe Montana
4. John Unitas
5. Brett Favre
6. Aaron Rodgers
( These are the only guys who met every criteria )
10. Otto Graham
11. Bart Starr
12. Roger Staubach
13. Kurt Warner
14. John Elway
15. Fran Tarkenton
16. Ben Roethlisberger
17. Matt Ryan
Boomer Esiason
( These guys hit all but 1 criteria )
( All but 2 criteria )
25. Ken Stabler
( More than 2 missed criteria but finished top 32 in total with special emphasis on SBs )

Swap Aikman and Brees and it's a good list.

Rings matter.