• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Thoughts On The Final

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you now you are admitting that you did say you could "cite tons of coaches". Most of those coaches don't have any chance at those players because their programs absolutely suck and would provide no exposure for the player. Why waste hundreds of dollars and their extreme slim budget to recruit someone they can't get?

I wish they would just do away with this one and done rule and let them go straight to the NBA.

The list of coaches that publicly bash signing 1 and dones, while also recruiting them is infinitely small

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The list of coaches that publicly bash signing 1 and dones, while also recruiting them is infinitely small
Three of them were in the final four.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If UK and Duke refused to take them, Bo most definately would. The guy lost his mind last night. Fans never had one.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, Bo has never said that he wouldn't recruit one-and-dones. He didn't here, either.

What Bo has said in the past is that he would never recruit somebody who considered themselves a "one-and-done." He wants players that come to college without an aura of superiority, but with a chip on their shoulder to try to improve.

Bo demands accountability. He'll bench anyone for a bad turnover. He will not just anoint Freshmen as starters. He wants guys who think of themselves as team players. If these players come in and show enough skill to prove themselves to be an effective pro, Bo won't have a problem with them going. He was very supportive of Devin Harris and will be supportive of Sam Dekker when he likely goes pro early. But the idea that Bo is somehow a hypocrite because of this, I don't understand.

And yes, Bo has avoided recruiting one-and-dones who aren't from Wisconsin. People can say it's because they aren't interested, but that isn't always true. Stephen Zimmerman, the #3 Center in this year's class (a huge position of need) has publicly indicated some interest. He hasn't yet gotten an offer. Maybe that will change (they were, after all, holding a Center scholarship for Diamond Stone), but it's not like Bo is sending out offers to every 5-star player. He has said that he picks people who fit his style and he has proven it over years with the guys he has offered and the guys he brought in.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you cite a consistently successful coach that hasn't recruited a one and done?

I'm sure he's recruited them, just like Bo, but I can't remember Jamie Dixon recruiting and getting a commitment from a one and done player and been widely successful.