• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My take on the Heisman this season

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And again, Mariota did this behind an Oline that was ravished by injuries and at one point had defensive guys taking Oline reps.

Sacks hurt his rushing totals with that and he still put up the numbers. Best receiver out, new top receiver is a converted running back. Surrounded by under classmen.

Still puts up godly numbers. Gordon fumbled as much in one game as Mariota threw INT's all year haha.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, why was it when I made a Top 10 RB thread, Oregon fans (you were the first to) mentioned Royce Freeman? If you think he's a top 10 running back in the country, then how do you not think he is part of the game plan for other teams to stop?

I guarantee no Wisconsin fan will be boasting about Stave or McEvoy.

Technically, I think I mentioned Freeman first...

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit are you butt hurt. He still played 13 games in his HEISMAN SEASON. It is the SEASON. They still count as STATS.

52 TD/2 INT ratio

Best QBR ever

You are trying to cherry pick Marcus for playing more games lol. That's what he gets for putting up dominating stats and winning football games.

You are mad because a Heisman for Gordon is all you can hang your hat on, and it is not going to happen.

Is that you admitting you lied twice?

I'm not trying to cherry-pick anything. I gave the stats which you claimed would show that all the stats favored Mariota except passing yards. They don't.

So in order to try deflect from your lie, you cite to how he has the "best QBR ever." Except, that is a lie too. His QBR (which again, no one takes seriously) was 92.8 and it just went down. And guess what? Russell Wilson had a 93.9 QBR in 2011.

It takes a special type of person to lie, then try to deflect from the lie with another lie, and then launch ad hominem insults to the person for calling you out on the lie. I'm not mad at all. You are the one who thought the truth was so harmful to your case that you had to make stuff up.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
uhh

1. He's good

2. Because teams plan for Mariota, that is my point lol.

I like Mariota. He is fun to watch and he is a good person. He can do it all, and does it all.

1) I was saying Gordon is the only weapon on that offense, and they use him 1 way. They hand the ball off (or pitch) and he runs the ball. He is not a dual threat and basically runs between the tackles. Wisconsin is very predictable when #25 is on the field, it's just not easy to stop #25 whether there's good blocking or not.

2) Here is Wisconsin's next 2 weapons. Clement is the backup running back. So, if Gordon is on the field, Clement is not a weapon. If Gordon is not on the field, Clement is the weapon to focus on. And Stave is the other "weapon" that would be on the field the same time Gordon is, and Stave is 130th in passing yards with barely 1,000 passing yards. Oregon fans boast about their QB and RB. Wisconsin fans just boast about their RB and feel sick when hearing the name of their QB this season.

3) Oregon fans are comparing Mariota to the last 3 Heisman winners with basically no records and I don't think Mariota has had a record for himself. Wisconsin fans are comparing Gordon to Barry Sanders (who has the most rushing yards in a single season) and Tommy Frazier (who has the best yards/carry in a single season), and did hold the single-game rushing record for a week vs Nebraska's defense.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that you admitting you lied twice?

I'm not trying to cherry-pick anything. I gave the stats which you claimed would show that all the stats favored Mariota except passing yards. They don't.

So in order to try deflect from your lie, you cite to how he has the "best QBR ever." Except, that is a lie too. His QBR (which again, no one takes seriously) was 92.8 and it just went down. And guess what? Russell Wilson had a 93.9 QBR in 2011.

It takes a special type of person to lie, then try to deflect from the lie with another lie, and then launch ad hominem insults to the person for calling you out on the lie. I'm not mad at all. You are the one who thought the truth was so harmful to your case that you had to make stuff up.

Me using the full season isn't a fucking lie. Are you actually this stupid? Do you know what the word "lie" means? RG3 HEISMAN SEASON consisted of 13 games. Those are the stats he put up that year. It truly is that fucking simple.

You are cherry picking and trying to say a stat isn't taken seriously because it doesn't support your asinine claims and it is solely out of spite because your beloved Gordon isn't taking how the trophy.

Don't worry, I saw you in action when Pettine broke the record. Getting defensive is kind of the norm for you.

The object in football is to score points. You do that by holding onto the ball and scoring TDs. Marcus did it better. He ran for more yards. And will pass for more with a better QBR and probably passer rating if he doesn't shit his pants in the playoffs.

Just feel privledged you get to watch greatness.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for Wilson's QBR that is just me not hearing the full stat from ESPN. COuld have been among Heisman winners(his is the highest at least of any dating to 2004) or career QBR. Which again looking at everyone's his is best.

Luckily we are not comparing him to Wilson.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You specifically said that only total passing yards supported RG3. That is a lie. RG3 has a higher QB Rating (by three points, even counting the bowl game), higher completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, and if we are counting bowl games, more rushing yards.

So to deal with that, you claimed that he has the highest QBR ever. That is a lie.

I gave the stats from the Heisman Trophy ceremony because we were debating the Heisman Trophy. Make sense?

If you want the whole stats, here they are:

RG3: 291-402, 72.4% Comp., 4293 Yards, 10.68 YPA, 37 TDs, 6 INTs., 189.5 QB Rating
Mariota: 254-372, 68.3% Comp., 3783 Yards, 10.17 YPA, 38 TDs, 2 INTs., 186.3 QB Rating

RG3: 179 Carries, 699 Yards, 10 TDs
Mariota: 117 Carries, 669 Yards, 14 TDs

You claim was that RG3's numbers would be blown away by Mariota's. There are the numbers, as you apparently wanted them. They show that claim is a lie

3 Posts, 3 Lies, so you resort to personal attacks. What a pathetic performance....

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Mariota's Heisman moment?

Gordon's, obviously, is his 407 game vs Nebraska.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You specifically said that only total passing yards supported RG3. That is a lie. RG3 has a higher QB Rating (by three points, even counting the bowl game), higher completion percentage, higher yards per attempt, and if we are counting bowl games, more rushing yards.

So to deal with that, you claimed that he has the highest QBR ever. That is a lie.

I gave the stats from the Heisman Trophy ceremony because we were debating the Heisman Trophy. Make sense?

If you want the whole stats, here they are:

You claim was that RG3's numbers would be blown away by Mariota's. There are the numbers, as you apparently wanted them. They show that claim is a lie

3 Posts, 3 Lies, so you resort to personal attacks. What a pathetic performance....

Actually you resorted to the personal attacks. But I guess that just goes along with your deluded mind lol.

I stated very clearly(if you know how to read) that right now his passing yards and completion % beat Marcus. But Marcus will pass him in yards.

Marcus has rushing yards, rushing tds, passing tds, fewer int's, qbr and passer rating. Also the better record and probably the better defenses faced.

RG3 has passing yards(for now) and completion %(that does a lot of good when you throw to the other team more and your team less for scores lol).

I told you I misheard ESPN stats on Marcus or maybe he they were wrong. That isn't a lie that is a mistake on information.

So if you take a test and answer "B" and the answer is "A" is that a LIE?

Seriously learn what the fucking word "lie" means

HEISMAN BITCH.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's Mariota's Heisman moment?

Gordon's, obviously, is his 407 game vs Nebraska.

His whole season. He was just consistently great throughout.

But a couple of his made scrambles for off balance bullets tonight were big time.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB is more important than RB. If it's close I'll take the QB any day of the week. Mariota deserves it. Nothing against Gordon, because he's great... but Mariota deserves to and will win the Heisman.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Leonard Fournette, no care.

:happy:

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually you resorted to the personal attacks. But I guess that just goes along with your deluded mind lol.

I stated very clearly(if you know how to read) that right now his passing yards and completion % beat Marcus. But Marcus will pass him in yards.

Marcus has rushing yards, rushing tds, passing tds[, fewer int's, qbr and passer rating. Also the better record and probably the better defenses faced.

:omg:

I literally posted the stats which showed clearly that RG3 led both of the bolded, and YPA. It is amazing that you are still insisting he only led passing yards an completion percentage while you are quoting stats which explicitly prove otherwise.

I've never seen anything like it. That may actually be the most sociopathic post in SportsHoopla history.

Last edited by a moderator:

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no discussion. mariota wins in a landslide and deserves it

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who I think deserves to win - Melvin Gordon - There is no doubt that Gordon's season is far more dominant than anybody else's. When was the last time a player was less than 400 rushing yards away from Barry Sander's record with 2 games left? Gordon also plays a position that wins it too.

Who I want to see win - Amari Cooper - Amari Cooper is an amazing WR. I think he is a lot better than any WR that Saban has had at Alabama. I don't think he is the most dominant player in his position, and so I think he doesn't deserve to win it and won't win it. But he is not a RB and QB. I want to see a non-RB or QB win it sometime. I wouldn't be disappointed if Gordon or Mariota win it. It's just the position Cooper is in that makes me want him to win it.

Who I think will win it - Marcus Mariota - This is only if Oregon gets revenge on Arizona, and I predicted they will. I am not saying he shouldn't be in the running for it, he has had an incredible season. There has been no reason for him to drop in the Heisman standings, so I think he will win it because he got so much media attention about it. I don't think Gordon will win it if he broke the record, because Mariota has been on top all season long.[/I

Melvin Gordon should win but QB's usually do.