• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My Game 2 Thoughts (might as well do this for every game)

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. All props to Niemi. Thats what you call a goalie stealing the game.

2. Defense played much better, did a good job of cleaning up house in the nuetral zone and in front of Leighton, Hawks didn't have very many second chances, Bartilus over Parent made a huge difference as it proved the Flyers with another dman who was at least capable of spelling the top four guys. Still, Krajicek is the weak link of the defense, and it showed during the first goal.

3. That being said, (as good as he played) why were Bartulis and Krajicek caught so often being attacked by the first liners of Chicago?

4. Gotta love the penalty against Carcillo for being Dan Carcillo, I guess :p

5. Faceoffs = :eek::eek:
Flyers HAVE to be better, still unacceptable tonight, losing as many defensive zone draws as they do give the Hawks an extra scoring oppurtunity.

6. Props to Hossa for being the best skater of the series so far. You can really tell that he doesn't want to lose a third straight Cup.

7. Leights played well tonight, looked really comfortable in net, but man he was all over the place on that second goal. Went down too early, and make Ben Eager look like Jeff Carter there. When your in the SCF you need to not be out of position and make that save. Was a great shot by Eager, though, using the defenseman's skate to screen the puck.

8. Well it took longer than I thought for the "Pronger sucks" chants :D

Overall, I was pleased for the Flyers effort in a road game, both games could have easily been won by the Flyers, but sometimes thats how hockey goes. Flyers have two home games now to get some momentum back and hopefully score some goals on Niemi.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seemed like an almost even game in my mind. I thought the Hawks were slightly better in the first and second with Philly struggling to sustain any kind of offensive presence. I thought Philly was much better over the first 5 minutes and the entire 3rd period, but I think that's partly b/c Chicago changed it's play and got defensive.

The difference in the game? One softie from Leighton. That was a killer.

Both goalies were stellar tonight (save the Eager goal) and both teams did a better job preventing access to the zone and preventing second chance opportunities.

Teams are 2-31 when starting down 2-0. Gonna be a tough climb for Philly.

Oh, and one last note. The difference in this series right now is Marian Hossa I think.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can point out how well the Flyers played and how Niemi stole this game, and yes Philly could be up 2-0 in this series. But the bottom line is, they aren't and it's 2-0 Blackhawks. You don't get credit for a good loss in the Stanley Cup Finals.

The trouble for the Flyers now is Chicago plays much better on the road and will be more composed in games 3 and 4. A win in 3 needless to say is a must.

maddogmark25

In the Pot Bunker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
never said you do get credit for a good loss, but the Flyers have done some good things these first two games, and I hope they can build on those and get some more pucks past Niemi in the coming games

Hawks are 7-1 on the road, Flyers are 7-1 on home ice. Something's gotta give. All we do know is that when Kate Smith pops on the videoboard during God Bless America the building is gonna go apeshit

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never said you do get credit for a good loss, but the Flyers have done some good things these first two games, and I hope they can build on those and get some more pucks past Niemi in the coming games

Hawks are 7-1 on the road, Flyers are 7-1 on home ice. Something's gotta give. All we do know is that when Kate Smith pops on the videoboard during God Bless America the building is gonna go apeshit

I agree, I think the Hawks will be a little off guard in game 3, Yes they have been great on the road but this is a different atmosphere and stage. Guess we will see.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can point out how well the Flyers played and how Niemi stole this game, and yes Philly could be up 2-0 in this series. But the bottom line is, they aren't and it's 2-0 Blackhawks. You don't get credit for a good loss in the Stanley Cup Finals.

The trouble for the Flyers now is Chicago plays much better on the road and will be more composed in games 3 and 4. A win in 3 needless to say is a must.

That contained no thoughts on game 2 - the entire point of this thread.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why are you being a jerk? Consistently. In this and the game day thread.

Seriously, is there a reason - did someone do something to deserve it or do you just enjoy kicking people when they are down?

Last edited by a moderator:

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi-jacking threads..

Posting senseless remarks designed just to agitate..

Being unnecessarily argumentative about everything..

( I thought we left that/him behind us at the swamp?? )

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't feel like Philly can come back and tie this series. Chicago has everything and more of what Philly has. I'm still hoping for a good series but i just cant see it.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Flyers can have this series tied at two headed back to Chicago. They are extremely resilient and that's just what we saw after they went down 2-0 in this game. The remaining 22+ minutes was complete domination by Philadelphia. I still feel that the Flyers played a better game overall and deserved a better fate.

I'll be at game three and I fully expect a win for Philadelphia.

sabre0917

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think the Flyers can have this series tied at two headed back to Chicago. They are extremely resilient and that's just what we saw after they went down 2-0 in this game. The remaining 22+ minutes was complete domination by Philadelphia. I still feel that the Flyers played a better game overall and deserved a better fate.

I'll be at game three and I fully expect a win for Philadelphia.

I hope the for your fate that they do pull out a win next game but Chicago has played better on the road this year!

The Q stache

Cabbie Slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series reminds me alot of the San Jose series. All close games where Niemi came out as the difference with the exception of game 1. He is really turning out to be a big game goalie.