• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

My apologies WVU brethren

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I picked us to lose 49-10 wow I have never been so happy to be wrong.

Secondly my wife and I were in our seats about a hour and a half before the game....as the stands filled up the student section remained empty.i was very disappointed, but as the game started they got to their seats and for those that were not there.....this stadium was rocking, this crowd was behind this team the whole game and stayed in this game till the end. Very good day to be at the stadium.

BB I believe you said this was your daughters first game, man what a first game to be apart of....crowd stayed and rocked "Country Roads"

The good...offense showed life, very happy that we finally took some shots..with a little bit more consistency this team is going to put up some points...and the energy the team showed after last week showed resilience by the players and great prep by the coaches....what a way to get a big win.

The defense...went against a good offense and hung tough..goal line stand, 3 TO's, one score...only thing I could even point out was they could not wrap up that QB behind the line, hands on him all day.

Special teams :L very poor IMO that third quarter they almost game OK ST the game first carswell and then Thompson to open up the half...lucky we had OToole switch the field for us....plus the did not give the football to OK ST some some positive there.

Coaching...hellof a job, first to even have trickett prepared to play was great, having the team as fired up coming off such a crushing loss last week showed a lot...I think we saw this team and staff grow up a little bit today. Was a great shot in the arm.

the only thing I was smh at was when we had the ball deep in Ok St territory after the personal foul and ejection....why did we not just line up and run it straight up the gut to force them to burn their timeouts, then to take the delay of game down there was just stupid. Other than tht we played aggressive which is what you need to do against a team like Ok St who has the ability to score fast.

This might have been one of my favorite football Saturdays...I am tired after driving home after the game but damn to be there with all my fellow WVU fans and to see this team take out number 11 was just awesome.

WvuDieHard

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,954.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC--didn't get to see the game as I worked all day in Stafford while attached to a cell phone getting updates. So I am not qualified to comment on the game other than the outcome. To say I am shocked is a massive understatement. From what I have read, the defense played another lights out game and appears to be very good. The offense still needs work especially with clock management. Overall--what a great day to be a Mountaineer! Next week on the road against Baylor will be the true test for WV. That game will tell us a lot. I hope we go down there and compete and play hard and just see what happens. If WV can beat OK St, then they can compete with anyone in this conference and win on any given day. It is just so shocking to see such a turn around from one week to the next. It shows that this football team has pride and resiliency and that my friends is the predictor of a team that will improve. Things are not as gloomy today as they were last Sunday huh?

Last edited by a moderator:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, after last week, you cant be blamed, I didnt have a clue how to predict this game. I saw some things that give me hope.... the defense, wow what a difference effective coaching can make!!!!!! The offense showed some life with Trickett at QB, Mickey was right!!!!! On the other side of the coin........ STs, what can be said, just horrible, fielding punts inside the five again and again, what is Efore teaching????? Clock, does our coaching staff not even take it into account????? A GREAT win for our program, the hard hitting defense had their receivers scared to catch the ball!!!!!!

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading DCs prediction, I Sold my tickets and went on a raft trip on the Gauley river. Heard the second half on the radio and cursed the clock management. Watching tape delay, I was amazed at how our OL was dominated by ok state. Adrian Peterson would not get yardage on this team.

I love our cornerbacks. Worley is going to be special and the banks TD was the play of the game. What a difference a year, and Patterson make. Can he coach special teams too?

I feel bad for our QBs. Trickett did very well but was beat up all day. I'll be surprised if he can take this type of beating and last the season.

Well DC, that was a horrible prediction and you deserve penance. I will forgive you when I see a post, or preferably a YouTube video of you singing country roads in a mall or public place. Go back and see I predicted a win and correctly predicted OSUs score.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol I will post the video of me singing country roads at mountaineer field Saturday!!!!!

Was awesome to be there and be apart of it, honestly was one of the consistently loud crowds I have ever seen at a home game.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense showed some life with Trickett at QB, Mickey was right!!!!!!

What do you mean "Mickey was right?" not like Micket recommended Trickett to start...he only asked him why the guy with experience had not started...to which DH said "I evaluate them you don't"....if you listened to post game Trickett even said that he had not practiced very well at all, missed his chance to get his oppurtunity to start....if a coach watches a player struggle in practice is it hard to believe that player won't play? Smh.....where do you come up with this stuff? If Trickett would have stunk this game could we blame Mickey for the loss? :laugh3:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you mean "Mickey was right?" not like Micket recommended Trickett to start...he only asked him why the guy with experience had not started...to which DH said "I evaluate them you don't"....if you listened to post game Trickett even said that he had not practiced very well at all, missed his chance to get his oppurtunity to start....if a coach watches a player struggle in practice is it hard to believe that player won't play? Smh.....where do you come up with this stuff? If Trickett would have stunk this game could we blame Mickey for the loss? :laugh3:

I come up with this "stuff" as a response to posts on boards like this one. Trickett was viewed as an immediate impact player when he came here. Mickey asked Holgorsen a legitimate question as to why the most experienced QB on the team had not got a start, and Holgorsen was rude and disrespectful to him. The people on this board were attacking Mickey as being "past it" being a hater who just was looking to stir shit. I contend Mickey wants WVU to succeed as much if not more than any of us on here. Hell after the game, Holgorsen was saying how poorly Trickett ran "his" offense, from what I saw, he ran the offense a damn sight better than Millard or Childress have so far.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trickett would have stunk this game could we blame Mickey for the loss?
No, I would have said Holgorsen had graded the QBs correctly :doh:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I come up with this "stuff" as a response to posts on boards like this one. Trickett was viewed as an immediate impact player when he came here. Mickey asked Holgorsen a legitimate question as to why the most experienced QB on the team had not got a start, and Holgorsen was rude and disrespectful to him. The people on this board were attacking Mickey as being "past it" being a hater who just was looking to stir shit. I contend Mickey wants WVU to succeed as much if not more than any of us on here. Hell after the game, Holgorsen was saying how poorly Trickett ran "his" offense, from what I saw, he ran the offense a damn sight better than Millard or Childress have so far.

Could we have blamed Mickey for the loss?

A coach watches a player, who admittedly struggled in practice, and he is supposed to start him?

Mickey is a shit starter and they BOTH have let it get personal that even the simplest questions are confrontations.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would have said Holgorsen had graded the QBs correctly :doh:

:laugh3: you give DH credit for anything, yeah I want to see that.

Are you saying Mickey graded them accurately, he himself has said he had not seen any practices...to busy getting the early bird special.

Trickett by own admission has not been very good in practice, so the grades he received were probably pretty accurate.

We also made changes to the interior of our Oline that helped....Place where we were getting a ton of pressure from opposing defenses before.

Last edited by a moderator:

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Trickett came from FSU that was his only real claim to fame, he had 64 pass attempts before yesterday..to say he came in as a impact player is a little of a over statement...impact players don't leave a school because of red shirt freshman. He came here struggled in practice and did not earn a start...what the staff did in handling these guys is not crazy. Most coaches anywhere want players to earn it in practiice, remember Pat White he had to earn it in games as well.....

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, I saw little improvement in the OL play yesterday, Trickett was pounded on almost every play. As to practice and grading, there are guys who play well in games who practice poorly, and there are guys who are great in practice who choke on the big stage Saturdays. I do not think Mickey graded them at practice, there is GAME film of Trickett from when he was at FSU, so it can be seen what he does on game day. IT WAS and IS a legitimate question, and yesterdays game makes it even more so!!!!!

I have given Holgorsen credit for demoting Efore and moving Patterson up to DC, a move that is paying off greatly now, players who had no clue last year are playing great this year, look at Cook for example.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look Trickett came from FSU that was his only real claim to fame, he had 64 pass attempts before yesterday..to say he came in as a impact player is a little of a over statement...impact players don't leave a school because of red shirt freshman. He came here struggled in practice and did not earn a start...what the staff did in handling these guys is not crazy. Most coaches anywhere want players to earn it in practiice, remember Pat White he had to earn it in games as well.....

DC, I said he was VIEWED as being an impact player, What I do not get was the initial depth chart and how it played out..... We were told it was between Millard and Trickett as to who would start, then Millard was ineffective, so we see Childress??????????? Then Childress gets hurt and we see Trickett. I think that Holgorsen sees them as nearly the same, and is having trouble choosing. From what I saw yesterday, Trickett gives us the best chance for this season, he showed some serious toughness yesterday!!!!

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC, I saw little improvement in the OL play yesterday, Trickett was pounded on almost every play. As to practice and grading, there are guys who play well in games who practice poorly, and there are guys who are great in practice who choke on the big stage Saturdays. I do not think Mickey graded them at practice, there is GAME film of Trickett from when he was at FSU, so it can be seen what he does on game day. IT WAS and IS a legitimate question, and yesterdays game makes it even more so!!!!!

I have given Holgorsen credit for demoting Efore and moving Patterson up to DC, a move that is paying off greatly now, players who had no clue last year are playing great this year, look at Cook for example.

Alot of the shots Trickett took was because of his pocket presence...he rolled out when he could have stepped up. That will only get better with more PT and the OL needs to improve with time as well...chemistry was not bad when you think it was the first time together for that group...did we give up a sack? Can't remember. Trickett impressed me with his legs but his size he needs to get down...that one shot he took after the four yard run deep in our territory was hard core.

One I doubt Mickey is going over film...two please go back and look at the minimal film there is of him and tell me you could make a educated guess to what he could bring. He played mop up duty in his time at FSU...also got pounded with their o line as well, for doing the same thing I mentioned not trusting his pocket. I watch a lot of FSU football(family alumni).

I agree 100% with you about the practice-game thing, but you know how most of those gamers are found...much like Trickett..forced into game situations and blossom. Just the way it is, coaches can't just assume they will do well aft stinking it up on the practice field.

:suds:

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of the shots Trickett took was because of his pocket presence...he rolled out when he could have stepped up. That will only get better with more PT and the OL needs to improve with time as well...chemistry was not bad when you think it was the first time together for that group...did we give up a sack? Can't remember. Trickett impressed me with his legs but his size he needs to get down...that one shot he took after the four yard run deep in our territory was hard core.

One I doubt Mickey is going over film...two please go back and look at the minimal film there is of him and tell me you could make a educated guess to what he could bring. He played mop up duty in his time at FSU...also got pounded with their o line as well, for doing the same thing I mentioned not trusting his pocket. I watch a lot of FSU football(family alumni).

I agree 100% with you about the practice-game thing, but you know how most of those gamers are found...much like Trickett..forced into game situations and blossom. Just the way it is, coaches can't just assume they will do well aft stinking it up on the practice field.

:suds:
I was amazed at how small Trickett looks on the field, you are right on that he doesn't need to be fighting for an extra yard!!!!!
DC, I will give Holgorsen his due, he appears to have grown up some in the past few weeks, he had got really pissed during the game and threw his headset down and broke it, and after the game he said he was sorry for his temper, I liked seeing that.
I can NOT watch much FSU ball, that chant they do drives me NUTS!!!!!!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry about the prediction DC, I also predicted a severe ass-whooping. Hum, maybe that's this team's good luck charm? I think I'll predict a severe ass-whooping every week, it may be good luck!
:noidea:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a few comments to share.

It was quite interesting to observe the transformation of the crowd yesterday. As we headed to the game and made our way to share time at the tailgate, I sensed a pretty subdued crowd. Following the embarrassing loss last week, I understand why. A late arriving crowd was fairly flat to start. Banks' INT and TD got the crowd buzz started, and by the time we go to half, the crowd was definitely feeling the buzz of an upset. The crowd gave the team a standing ovation as they left the field at half. It was some good stuff. By the time we got deep into the 2nd half, I felt the crowd noise was as loud as I could ever remember. It was a freaking blast.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense gave up a few big plays, but overall I was thrilled with their performance. It is so nice to see the team have a defense which you have confidence in. I wish the same could be said for special teams. To keep making the same mistakes is tough to watch. The defense took two of their best WR's out of the game with some big time hits. Loved it.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was easy for me to see why Trickett didn't get to start at season's beginning. While he throws the ball with a little more velocity than Paul, he was not very accurate. He constantly left the pocket, and threw the ball very poorly off the run.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, it never gets old singing Country Roads with all my hillbilly family and friends after a big win. What a great feeling! A totally different mood for the crowd as we left the stadium. One of the best upsets I have had the pleasure to personally witness.