• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mutiny on the BCS Bounty

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I was just getting ready to type that same thing. LOL. We're already in sync. This is going to work just fine.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's looking like a Texas/Va Tech NC game for the foreseeable future.

metal_frk_334

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sadly, you did not make the necessary adjustments to actually make this happen. Stripping away bowl games and forcing teams into conferences will not work. Adding extra games in and around Christmas also will not work.

If you want to make a playoff happen in college football, you are going to have to compromise a lot more than that. Eight teams aren't playing in a tourny format. Just won't happen. To much has to change. If you want to make that playoff happen then you will have to use the non BCS Bowls, at least in part, to host them. The BCS games are money in the conferences' pockets. Bowls like the Cotton Bowl, Capital One and Gator Bowl are worth $4.25 million and less. However, you won't see that happen. So you have to downsize. To keep these bowls paying that kinda money then you need to keep the playoffs small. Four teams, three games, and the bowls lead up to the big three games. Anything more and the Bowls are shanked and become less intriguing. In doing so you won't have the money on your side. Which is a huge obstacle.

Compromise is the only way this is going to happen. To many plans are set up to give the finger to everyone else and get what they want.

Last edited by a moderator:

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this is parody land but you could have written this w/o drastic changes to conference members. No need to alter 80 years of tradition.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Screw tradition. That's why things are shitty now. Too stuck on tradition.

bchampy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw tradition.

This is why you fail.

CFB fans don't want CFB turned into a mirror image of the NFL. We like the tradition, rivalries, etc. There doesn't need to be drastic measure taken to create a better post-season.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There does if I want it to be entertaining to read.

goDAWGSsicem

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw tradition. That's why things are shitty now. Too stuck on tradition.

This is why you fail.

CFB fans don't want CFB turned into a mirror image of the NFL. We like the tradition, rivalries, etc. There doesn't need to be drastic measure taken to create a better post-season.

storage-wars-dave-meme-generator-yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeup-2c7ae6.jpg

College football is all about tradition. Everywhere you look, from scheduling to rivalries, from conferences to bowl games... all of those things would be thrown aside, and all for the better in your opinion?

I'm sure other fan bases here have similar issues, but I can tell you that Georgia will not join any realignment that possibly takes away annual games against Auburn, GT, Florida & Tennessee... and would fight tooth & nail to remain in conference with Alabama, LSU, South Carolina and probably even Ole Miss.