• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mutiny on the BCS Bounty

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, the revolution will be televised. Every year, it seems like we have a lot of unhappy people at the end of the college football season. Yes, some are for normal, "my team is no good" reasons, but most of it is directed at our friends at the BCS, who continue to adhere to an arcane system that doesn't always give us the two most deserving teams, and in some cases, completely leaves an undefeated team without a chance at a championship. I've had enough. So, that said, I'm taking over. Go home BCS. Take a vacation university presidents. Take a long nap NCAA. I got this. Here is my 18 point plan to fix college football.

1. Realignment-The conferences have made a lot of movement lately and in some cases, geographically, it just seems to be frivolous. (I'm looking at you Big East). You can't be the Big East with West coast teams. So, I'll be moving teams around, keeping rivalries where it makes sense, but some teams just have to move. Make new rivalries. It won't hurt you. Also, the conferences may need new names. Here's how it'll look:
Big East: Boston Col, WVU, Penn St, Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Va Tech, Cincinnati, Temple
ACC:Miami, Florida, Clemson, South Carolina, UNC, NC ST, Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia, Georgia Tech, East carolina, Southern Miss
SEC: LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Miss St, Tennessee, Vandy, UK, Florida St, Louisville, Arkansas, TCU
Big 12: Texas, Oklahoma, Ok St, Baylor, Texas Tech, A & M, Kansas, Kansas St, Missouri, Colorado, Colorado St, BYU
Big North (Can't be big 10):Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Northwestern, Purdue, Indiana, Iowa, Iowa St, Nebraska
Pac 12: Washingon, WSU, Oregon, Oregon St, USC, UCLA, Stanford, Cal, Arizona, Arizona St, Boise St, Utah

2. The rest of the schools will be evenly divided among 4 other conferences, broken up geographically as well. Notre Dame refuses to be in a conference, so they will stay independent, leading to the next point.

3. Only teams that are in a conference can compete for the national championship. Tough break Irish. Enjoy that TV money.

4. Every team will play 12 games. No game may be against a 1AA team. (yes, we're going back to the right names).

5. There will be 8 in-conference games and 4 out of conference games. If you schedule a non-conference home game, you will play a return game at their home. If you schedule Boise to play at your house, you better be ready to play on the blue rug.

6. There will not be a pre-season top 25. This just biases the polls for the rest of the year.

7. There will be no coaches poll. They clearly have their own biases. I'm looking at you Nick Saban. There will be a committee (led by me of course as the college football dictat...I mean guru) to create the poll. This committee will contain experts, writers, analysts, and statisticians. Computers suck.

8. This new poll will start issuing after week 5, and will be released on Tuesday, after a few days to debate (and sleep off the hangover after watching football all day on Sunday).

9. All rules are subject to change for the betterment of the game, or my own whims.

10. After the regular season ends, every conference will have a championship game. The loser of that game will not be punished for the loss. Hey, at least they made it there. ah-bama-em.

11. There will be a one week break between the end of the season and the conference championship games. The postseason awards will be given on that week, that way everybody has played the same number of games.

12. There will be a reduction in the number of bowls to 20. I don't need a Potato Bowl, or a New Mexico Bowl being played by 6-6 teams. The BCS can have 1 bowl still, hey they can have Notre Dame every year vs some unimportant team. Isn't independence great?

13. In order to be eligible for a bowl, teams must win 8 games. If there aren't enough 8 win teams, then the highest ranked 7-win teams move in. If Notre Dame doesn't win 8, I guess the BCS Bowl is a bust.

14. All of the Bowl games except for the Big 4 (I'll get to them in a second) will be played before Christmas. I don't need the Go-Daddy.com Bowl slap in the middle of all the big bowl games.

15. On the first Saturday after Christmas, the Sugar, Rose, Fiesta, and Orange Bowls will be played.

16. Those 8 teams will consist of the 6 major conference champions and the 2 other highest ranked teams whatever the conference, again, as long as they're actually in a conference.

17. The conference affiliations with the bowls will end. It will be seeded 1 vs 8, 2 vs 7, 3 vs 6, and 4 vs 5 based on where they are ranked, with the conference champions at 1-6 even if ranked lower than the at large teams. (If that doesn't make sense, that's ok. I know what I mean)

18. The 4 winners of the major bowls will continue on playing, tournament style til we have a true national champion, and if the AP tries to give it to somebody else, I send over two guys named Knuckles and Scarface to visit them.

Well, there you go. A simple plan for creating college football nirvana with a real champion. I reserve the right to change the rules at any time, for a better game, a clearer picture, or due to my own laziness and need to simplify it. OK, Mr Obama, let's get this plan in place ASAP.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent plan, sir. I bow before your magnificence. +rep

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thank you sir. Glad you enjoyed it. For being the first person to comment, you get a spot on the committee.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank you sir. Glad you enjoyed it. For being the first person to comment, you get a spot on the committee.

Woo hoo! Can I be in charge of handing out punishments on infractions???

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, I'll need somebody for that. As long as you keep Notre Dame in line.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BWAHAHAHAHA......."and I shall strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger"

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1. Realignment-The conferences have made a lot of movement lately and in some cases, geographically, it just seems to be frivolous. (I'm looking at you Big East). You can't be the Big East with West coast teams. So, I'll be moving teams around, keeping rivalries where it makes sense, but some teams just have to move. Make new rivalries. It won't hurt you. Also, the conferences may need new names. Here's how it'll look:
Big East: Boston Col, WVU, Penn St, Syracuse, Rutgers, UConn, Maryland, Pittsburgh, Virginia, Va Tech, Cincinnati, Temple
no thank you.

5 6 8 10 (but the loss should count) 15 16 17 18 are all great though.

Last edited by a moderator:

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Aww, Georgia still gets Ga Tech every year, and Florida.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought that I commented on this too. I don't want to take road trips to Piscataway, Morgantown and State College....

NO NO NO

:(

You did, on the Bengals board. I reposted it on the College football board so everybody could check it out if they wanted to.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20048442yu.gif

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State, Penn State, ND, shall be bombed from the moon.......Alabama is on notice after a full investigation........I shall judge like Dredd and punish with impunity! Scholarship reductions? BAH! Unless we're talking 15 - 20 forget it, I want to see administrators crying.......

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet. I like the enthusiasm for the job.

The death penalty is just the beginning......forget sanctions against schools. I'm going to level sanctions against COACHES.....ADMINISTRATORS......the guys that are really corrupt and get off scott free.

They will fear me, because everytime I step on a campus, heads roll. I will be the dark angel of death.....this game WILL be clean! I will have informants everywhere.....and the punishment will fit the crime, NOBODY is safe from the righteous arm of justice