• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: M's at Tigers

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wasn't giving it much thought a couple weeks ago, but like Jay said in '95, Wild Card? We want the division.

Only 6 games back is not insurmountable, especially since the Angels and A's still have to play a bunch of games against each other. We'd need some breaks but it's possible.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I wasn't giving it much thought a couple weeks ago, but like Jay said in '95, Wild Card? We want the division.

Only 6 games back is not insurmountable, especially since the Angels and A's still have to play a bunch of games against each other. We'd need some breaks but it's possible.

Anything can happen. We have 7 against the Angels ourselves so they have the chance to take matters into their own hands (just like they did the last two series). I think the Angels have a better team then we do but it's a lot less than you'd expect given the payroll disparity.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TBS announcer (Ron Darling I think) said he thinks Randazzo gave up the 5 homers to Lloyd in LLWS but not confirmed yet. LOL.

Was that what it was? I only watch an inning and they showed footage of Lloyd hitting 2 homeruns in the LLWS. Didn't hear the comments, just thought it was odd watching ancient footage of him hitting homers as a 12 year old.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that what it was? I only watch an inning and they showed footage of Lloyd hitting 2 homeruns in the LLWS. Didn't hear the comments, just thought it was odd watching ancient footage of him hitting homers as a 12 year old.

No, I think that was shown before everything happened just by coincidence. I missed that since I was watching the M's broadcast. I turned it just at the start of the toss inning. I am posting a thread right now that you will find interesting regarding this whole ump thing.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the Mariners broadcast, they aired an interview that McClendon did either last night after that game or this morning before this game and he said that Randazzo tossed him because he'd "seen his (McClendon's) act before". I missed Lloyd's ejection in this game, but if Randazzo was the one to eject him again, then the league needs to look into it because there's a history there.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyway... great to see the M's bounce back and demolish the Tigers to win the series. Next up... Philly.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the AL West at this point, it's whoever gets hot in the last month (between the Ms/As/Angels). All three teams are good enough to make the playoffs and I don't see any of the three clear cut running away with the division. Even the announcers today said there's really not one standout DOMINATE team this year.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 days ago the M's were 11 back of Oakland. Now they have made up half that distance in that span and sit 5.5 games back. Just keep taking series and the rest takes care of itself

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 days ago the M's were 11 back of Oakland. Now they have made up half that distance in that span and sit 5.5 games back. Just keep taking series and the rest takes care of itself

It's starting to feel a little 95'esq! This team is full throttle right now, and I think they have the confidence to sneak up and steal that division title. With our pitching and the bats as they have been lately, this team could beat anyone. What a great year thus far, but far from over. This division is within our grasp, they just need to reach out and snatch that shid up!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's starting to feel a little 95'esq! This team is full throttle right now, and I think they have the confidence to sneak up and steal that division title. With our pitching and the bats as they have been lately, this team could beat anyone. What a great year thus far, but far from over. This division is within our grasp, they just need to reach out and snatch that shid up!

Could the guy I have pushed for 5 years in Michael Saunders be the Junior of 95 with his comeback from injury?

No team will ever live up to the 95 team, but just feeling like you need to watch baseball again is fun. 95 was better than 01 to me. You had to tune in every night to watch the 95 M's, in 01 you didn't because they dominated so much.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could the guy I have pushed for 5 years in Michael Saunders be the Junior of 95 with his comeback from injury?

No team will ever live up to the 95 team, but just feeling like you need to watch baseball again is fun. 95 was better than 01 to me. You had to tune in every night to watch the 95 M's, in 01 you didn't because they dominated so much.

I'm sure he'll have an impact upon his return, but it won't be a Junior in '95 type of impact. Junior hit 10 of his 17 homeruns and drove in 27 of his 42 RBI that year from August 15th through October 1st. Once the playoffs started, he turned it up another notch. It sounds like McClendon isn't anxious to call Saunders back up until he's 100% ready to contribute offensively, but once he does come back, I'd settle for 50% of the numbers Junior put up after his return in '95, because that'd still be better than what we'd get from the Denorfia/Chavez combo in right field.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just give me the productive Saunders that we had before his injury and I am happy. Give me his defensive range, base path speed, and around .260-.270 BA, and I'll be happy. This team could be really dangerous if he produces in that manner.