• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mr. Stefon Diggs

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Diggs just released his top 8. So much for him being more open to VT than UVa.

The final 8:
Auburn
Cal
Florida
Maryland
Michigan
Oklahoma
USC
UVA

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
eh, ill leave it alone. its good to have some acc company.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:burt:

Would have left it alone without the VT reference.

The only reason I threw it in there was because of this:

His mom wanted to check out his most likely potential college destination. Alot of GC recruits were at the game and he wanted to join them. FWIW he won't be at VT or UVA but he was always more open to VT than UVA (as seen today).

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Jeffro & Hoorise Honest questions.

1)1-100 what grade would you give london as your HC?

2) What do you guys (and i've seen a lot of whoVa fans say this) mean when you say London is 2 years ahead of schedule? Meaning what are your expectations in 2 years?

3) How do you feel this years success will have on next years recruiting? What type of recruiting class do you expect next season.

4) Do you feel like UVA was guilty of a lot more trash talk, shoving, etc after the whistle this year, than in years past?

5) You guys tired of hearing the M.L. "i almost got shot story"?

Sorry to thread jack but you 2 are basically the only ones here.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
6) Do you think that UVA is an "end-game" job for London?

good ?. Btw has it been confirmed that he was contacted by Penn St. ? The reason i ask is because the first thought i had when i heard this was that is was prob a rumor created by London, knowing that both he and penn st could deny it, all the while boosting his image (ego).

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) I'd give London 85. His communication and recruitment with the kids is awesome. He still needs to work on his game managing skill. Lots of questionable decisions.

2) By saying we are 2 years ahead of schedule, we are simply talking about record. With the amount of talent we lose on the OL and DL over the next 2 seasons, there is just no way we can expect more than 8 wins.

3) This years success will have a tremendous impact on recruiting. This solid season will allow London to keep the recruitment at a sustained level. I really don't see the recruiting getting any better, IMO.

4) While I did see the UVa players increase the jawing to an extent, it's nothing that any other team in the ACC doesn't already do. Yes, I hate the trash talk, but unfortunately it's part of the game and happens on every team.

5) Yes, I am tired of hearing about London's gun story. I don't blame him, I blame the media. It's no different than the media dragging out the 4/16/07 tragedy, IMO.

6) Honestly, I don't know. I think it all depends on what happens over the next 5 seasons. If London gets us to BCS bowl in that time frame, then I think he will take a hard look at a big time program if they come calling. Otherwise, I think hes in it for the long haul, or if the program bottoms out again.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
1) I'd give London 85. His communication and recruitment with the kids is awesome. He still needs to work on his game managing skill. Lots of questionable decisions.

Dont watch whoVa much but i have seen london make some questionable (some worse than others) calls. I do have to agree that london seems to say all the right things. Also seems to be a good motivator.

2) By saying we are 2 years ahead of schedule, we are simply talking about record. With the amount of talent we lose on the OL and DL over the next 2 seasons, there is just no way we can expect more than 8 wins.

I think UVA had the talent to expect a year like this. Experienced big lines on both sides of the ball do wonders. @ good RB's, Byrd is a pretty good WR, Minnifield (didnt look good against VT but) is a good DB, and Rocco seemed to steady the team some. Honestly dont know much about the rest of the team.

3) This years success will have a tremendous impact on recruiting. This solid season will allow London to keep the recruitment at a sustained level. I really don't see the recruiting getting any better, IMO. I could see it, but if the season tanks (like you predict) london may have a hard time keeping them together

4) While I did see the UVa players increase the jawing to an extent, it's nothing that any other team in the ACC doesn't already do. Yes, I hate the trash talk, but unfortunately it's part of the game and happens on every team. Just wondered if you thought it was a part of Londons approach or what you think has caused it.

5) Yes, I am tired of hearing about London's gun story. I don't blame him, I blame the media. It's no different than the media dragging out the 4/16/07 tragedy, IMO. me2

6) Honestly, I don't know. I think it all depends on what happens over the next 5 seasons. If London gets us to BCS bowl in that time frame, then I think he will take a hard look at a big time program if they come calling. Otherwise, I think hes in it for the long haul, or if the program bottoms out again.If london stays at 8 wins but no greater, how long does UVA give him? If he is @ 6 or less next year is he on the "hot seat"?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as London wins more than 4 games every year from 2012-2014, I think his seat will be safe. It would be hot in 2015, IMO.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Time will tell. Just one guy's opinion, but I think that ML is doing very well. What I'd do with his contract would be to extend it 3 years with a bit of a bump in the annual but with heavier incentives and assistant coach budgets. If he outperforms you can always crank it up. It's a dicey thing, but he got to have 2-3 more years in place with a stable staff in order to show his stuff. The talent add is obvious, yet the restocking takes a while. I think he'll get it done.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jeffro & Hoorise Honest questions.

1)1-100 what grade would you give london as your HC?

Honestly it's just too early to tell. I think he's the right guy for us, no question, and a lot of how he grades out after 4 seasons (which I see as the minimum for any coach) is going to depend on his keeping his staff together and consistent, especially keeping Lazor. For now, a score of 85 seems right.

2) What do you guys (and i've seen a lot of whoVa fans say this) mean when you say London is 2 years ahead of schedule? Meaning what are your expectations in 2 years?

Look, we know and you know that Al Groh got all pissed off about the reaction to making his son the OC, and basically tanked the team for two seasons. A lot of damage was done and will take a few solid recruiting years to get back on track. Most UVA fans were expecting that his first 8 win team would probably come in year 3 or 4, so that is what the "two years ahead" means for most. In 2 years (actually 3 for me- London's recruits have to be in their 3rd or 4th year in the program), I expect the Hoos to be in the mix every season for the division crown.

3) How do you feel this years success will have on next years recruiting? What type of recruiting class do you expect next season.

No effect on recruiting at all, since it was already done early in the season. I do think that the success will pretty much assure that the 1-2 guys who might decommit will stay. There's a chance that we pull 1-2 elite guys at the end, and now London can sell the vision better. I'm not sure what you are referring to in "next season" ... the upcoming class or a year out?

4) Do you feel like UVA was guilty of a lot more trash talk, shoving, etc after the whistle this year, than in years past?

No. In fact penalties were down. Maybe when some people see a big and physical OL they see what they want to see, or imagine. Besides, I don't know of any team that doesn't engage in a fair amount of trash talk. It's football.

5) You guys tired of hearing the M.L. "i almost got shot story"?

Not really, because we don't focus on it. It's mainly the talking heads on TV that keep bringing it up. London sure isn't, and I think he'd rather not have people keep yapping about it. For what it's worth, I don't think the near shooting is the story at all - for me the story is that the guy started off as a homicide detective on an urban police force. The kind of guy it takes to do that job means that you've got to have your sh*t together, and you have to be able to communicate with some tough kids and all kinds of other people to break cases. And that's not speculation either - I've been around some of those guys (no, NOT as a defendant!) and know some of them. It's those qualities that will serve ML and UVA very well in the living rooms of a lot of the kids who will be recruited. Every kid and every kid's mom is going to love Mike London, and I think you're seeing and hearing a lot of that. It's legit.

Sorry to thread jack but you 2 are basically the only ones here.

NP

I put my answers into the quote above.

BONUS: I think The Grounds are cool and the term shows a real tradition. You guys have a yard or a marching field or something, can't remember. That can be cool too. Just depends on what you've got and what you think about it.

BONUS2: Trashing the statue by the Rotunda was a really low class move. I can see some drunk kids thinking it was funny, and it's not that big of a deal anyway. People being assh*les and gloating is ridiculous.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I should have added on the last question that London could very well be in place a very, very long time. He not an a*s like some others (cough AG). Everybody loves the guy and believes in him at this point. My impression is that he isn't the type to be thinking at all about jumping to the pay of the Big Ten or whatever. UVA'll have to maybe throw a couple big bills at him and make sure that he's got the $$$ to keep his assistants ... for example I expect that he'll insist that Lazor is in the 550k-600k range, and I think that will happen. Even with some ups and downs, I think that people assume that this is our guy for a long while.

hoosrise

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh - since this thread was about Diggs ... there are a lot of folks connected to the players who say that we are right there in play. Might lose him to a "traditional elite" program, but UVA has a strong shot at it.

Boss Sarge

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
UVA has no shot at him. Florida... maybe Auburn for Diggs...... Meyer keeps Ohio State in the conversation but likely Florida

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UVA has no shot at him. Florida... maybe Auburn for Diggs...... Meyer keeps Ohio State in the conversation but likely Florida

Breaking news from October 2011

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and he commits to Muhrland.

Last edited by a moderator: