• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Moving along to San Diego May 8-9

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article was trash.

Jon Daniels isn't a member of the coaching staff. The pitching and hitting deficiencies do not fall on JD. The biggest thing that I think JD should have done differently right now is not signed Napoli. But even with that, that's one problem in a large group of problems.

Napoli's hitting was likely to be an issue even if he hit 30 HR's for the Rangers. While he did that last year and drove in 101 runs, the Rangers OBP wasnt going to be what the Indians was last year and the guy just isnt much of a situational hitter at this point it, so the opps to drive in runs wasnt going to be as good.

This tends to be a bit more of an issue when you see what Moreland is doing now and the fact that even his disappointing production as a Ranger at times was replaced with what Nap is providing now, which isnt jack shit.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Engle did go into some things on TV last night. He just casually mentioned in the article that if JD gets the credit for the good times then he should get blame for the bad times. He didn't go into detail about either the good or the bad.

To me any blame for JD has to begin with the Choo and Prince acquisitions. Those two contracts have kept us from being able to spend that money elsewhere.

In hindsight the Lucroy trade wIl probably be seen as being a very bad move, but it shouldn't have taken hindsight to see that the Choo and Prince decisions were bad.

JD can do a lot of fixing things if he makes some good trades here in a few weeks.

I did agree with Engle last night when he said the Rangers have been built into playoff contenders, but not World Series contenders. Myself, I am tired of the just try to make the playoffs and hope something great happens and you catch fire for a month.

This team probably should have went through a rebuidling process beginning in the offseason when Prince and Choo were brought in instead of bringing those guys in.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges just raked Banister & Co over the coals with the use/over-use of the BP.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other glaring weakness that JD has is that if Ron Washington wouldn't have personally messed his life up to the point where he needed to quit JD would probably still have him here as manager.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That article was trash.

Jon Daniels isn't a member of the coaching staff. The pitching and hitting deficiencies do not fall on JD. The biggest thing that I think JD should have done differently right now is not signed Napoli. But even with that, that's one problem in a large group of problems.
Yeah..say he signed Eric Thames instead of Napoli, they wouldn't be in that much better of a shape, since the pen has exploded.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the 'pen exploding is not on JD.
Not at all. JD did a good job building that pen. The only one he shouldn't have acquired would probably be Jeffress.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitzges just raked Banister & Co over the coals with the use/over-use of the BP.

I think that's a MLB wide problem...fucking roles man. Would love a common sense bullpen usage vs what goes on in baseball now.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. JD did a good job building that pen. The only one he shouldn't have acquired would probably be Jeffress.

I had zero problem with Jeffress being in that trade seeing as much as we gave up, but damn his velo disappeared when we got him. BTW that's a running theme with a lot of our guys.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Managers have to buy and sell. Coaches have to coach and players have to play. I think we have come up short in all those areas. Perfection is almost non existent but we don't have to have it if everyone does their job. That doesn't take into account injuries and they happen at the expense of no one.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haha, my buddy would say this is 100% the reason, just because Brocail brushed his boys off at Spring Training.

I mostly thing position coaches don't really do much except help manage personalities. But if he has insisted on any sort of mechanics changes with guys and it's had bad results I would love to know.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This organization is going to have to get much, much better at developing their own quality starting pitching if they want to succeed. That includes not trading it away too. We have to get the team put together so as not to have to trade off our pitching in order to make the playoffs.