• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Most Asterisked Team in Sports History

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There sure is a lot of homosexual innuendo on here on the Hoop. Some of you fellas are maybe a little too quick to yank on that option.

see what I did there

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the Butch Hobson incident, I dont think any Boston athlete will be getting drugs through the mail anymore

Brady makes his own PEDs, out of avacadoes and semen.

Looks like he stole your recipe (minus the avocado). :nod:

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife thinks he has the AIDS, and she doesnt dis-like Brady, she once thought he was handsome, but now thinks he has the AIDS

She's only telling you that for the sake of your marriage. Truth is she still thinks he's handsome.

dbldwn711

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m willing to bet you use the words “Patriots...Brady....Gronkowski” more than the words “it..and...the”. But I do enjoy reading your post. So “Gronk On”!

@black francis is like nascar... You watch and wait for the wreck.

:kidding:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
per the rule...that wasnt a catch. i revert to "clear and obvious". i stand by that.
I get what you are saying, but you are sort of mixing up the standards. 'Clear and obvious is the standard to over turn the ruling on the field, not the standard used for the call on the field (Like you are implying)

I don't think the review booth had a clear and obvious view to overturn the ruling on the field either way, so that is the only reason I think they got it wrong.

IMHO there was no clear evidence that showed he didn't have possession and two feet in because on one view you could see he did get two feet in and the other you could see he did have control and it was pretty damned close one way or the other.

How close?

Not enough to turn over the call on the field if it were called either way.

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not read the entire thread, but I do take great delight in listenting to people whine about the success of the Patriots.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
black francis and polarvortex: kicking the shit out of Patwiot fans since 2005.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the review booth had a clear and obvious view to overturn the ruling on the field either way, so that is the only reason I think they got it wrong.
Agree. The ref that called the TD was standing right in front of Benjamin and had the best view. It should have remained after the booth review. Don't really care if he bobbled the ball for .0001 of a second while his toe lifted .0001 of an inch of the ground. Another way to look at it is: Would Belichick have thrown challenge flag with the available views? Don't think so. I know that all "close" TD's are reviewed anyway, so he wouldn't have needed to challenge. Just some food for thought.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The ref that called the TD was standing right in front of Benjamin and had the best view. It should have remained after the booth review. Don't really care if he bobbled the ball for .0001 of a second while his toe lifted .0001 of an inch of the ground. Another way to look at it is: Would Belichick have thrown challenge flag with the available views? Don't think so. I know that all "close" TD's are reviewed anyway, so he wouldn't have needed to challenge. Just some food for thought.
All TDs are reviewed whether it is close or not.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another way to look at it is: Would Belichick have thrown challenge flag with the available views? Don't think so. I know that all "close" TD's are reviewed anyway, so he wouldn't have needed to challenge. Just some food for thought.
Whether the opposing HC would throw the red flag or not is a pretty good way to look at it but it still up for speculation and debate.

Besides it's not 'close TD's' it's ALL TD's. Had the ruling on the field been called incomplete or no TD the play must go to review by another process. Usually the HC has to throw the red flag to get a possible TD not called on the field reviewed. It wouldn't have happened that way in this case because the play was inside of 2 minutes remaining in the half, then as you said, all close calls are reviewed. (Maybe that's what you meant :noidea: Inside of 2 minutes)