• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock drafts. Narrowing it down.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highest a guard has ever been taken that I can remember was Hutch at 17 and he was like the best guard prospect to come out in decades. There's a reason for that, you can find guards later in the draft. And you sure don't use the 5th overall pick to take a guy, then change his position and hope for the best.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The highest a guard has ever been taken that I can remember was Hutch at 17 and he was like the best guard prospect to come out in decades. There's a reason for that, you can find guards later in the draft. And you sure don't use the 5th overall pick to take a guy, then change his position and hope for the best.

The truth is, you are probably going to be right.
I am finding it hard to believe we make a pick at 5 unless maybe Shelton blows everyone away at the combine and he is still on the board. I could see us drafting an interior lineman in the 10-15 range though.
This would mean the we have gained at least a valuable pick and feel whatever lineman is still on the board is a can't miss day one starter.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never said I was against playing Scherff at guard. Mayock and Kiper both have said this. The myth that you don't draft guards in the first round is evaporating. We need to build from within and I don't care if he is taken at 10 and we play him at guard. We have so many holes to fill.

All pro guards this year. Yanda Baltimore and Zach Martin Dallas
Second team Josh Sitton GB.
The Guard position is crucial. A position we have struck out on for 2 decades.

Building from the draft. Draft the best football players. Then retain the best players you draft.

I think we should make a strong play for McCourty.

I don't have a problem taking a guard in the first round; I do, however, balk at taking one at #5 overall. The Titans selected Chance Warmack, a guard, last year with their 10th overall pick. He had an up-and-down rookie year and clearly didn't fulfill the promise as being the supposed best player in the draft. We can't take that chance, no pun intended. We need picks and lots of them. Yes, we can land a blue-chipper at #5. But unless that's going to be someone like a Leonard Williams, I think we're better off by giving McCloughan more opportunities to hit on impact players with more draft selections. And with Cleveland and Philly stumbling all over themselves coveting Mariota, let's give them the red meat the want.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people , you all are going to be disappointed with who we take at 5 if we stay there because truthfully if it goes as projected we are going to be getting a player that has questions

hence i think we will go with the BPA regardless of position

i dont care if we draft a OG . if he is productive who cares ?

however we dont need to reach for an o/lineman just to check a box either because there is depth on the o/line in this draft

the combine will tell us some things but the sr. bowl is a better gauge as is game tape

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really, OT, OLB, DE or DT. We have some potential game changers at 5 "IF" they work out and can make an impact. On the other hand, trading the 5th, to land two 1st rounders and perhaps an additional lower round pick, seems very worth it. You just never know who will reach....

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I've ever seen a draft discussed when the fans don't want a trade back and clearly we have a GM who values a lot of picks. So it very well may happen and I'm cool with it too. But as a follow up to Dad's comment about a guard at 5 I get what you are saying, if it works out that's great because we badly need a good OG. But it still feels like paying $30 for a hamburger, then justifying it later by saying it was a really good hamburger and you were really really hungry.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I've ever seen a draft discussed when the fans don't want a trade back and clearly we have a GM who values a lot of picks. So it very well may happen and I'm cool with it too. But as a follow up to Dad's comment about a guard at 5 I get what you are saying, if it works out that's great because we badly need a good OG. But it still feels like paying $30 for a hamburger, then justifying it later by saying it was a really good hamburger and you were really really hungry.

DGF i see your point , i really do but what if you thought you were paying for hamburger and they give you steak ?

at this point i would move away from o/line at 5 because there is value in rounds 3-5 to get o/line that can really help us

so i look at d/line or pass rusher as where the real value is

my 1st target ,if he is there would be williams then possibly ray then shelton , then gregory

those guys appear to me to be the best values at 5 and if marriota is there and we cant make a deal then i draft him

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all speculation, obviously there are always hits and missed. But let's use this analogy: If you can get a really good guard in round 2 but you really would have to get lucky to find a great pass rusher in the same spot then then just like the $30 hamburger you have overpaid for the guard if you take him at 5.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has everyone ruled out us taking a QB at 5? While I'm not for it, if Winston is there, he very well could be the BPA at that point. I could see a scenario where we take either one, apply some pressure on RG3 to step up and have the drafted QB sit this year while he learns.

If Winston or Mariota drop to us at 5, I would still rather us trade back to pick up additional picks, but it is an intriguing option.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one falls to us it is the perfect scenario for a trade back. I'm not sold on the qbs so I have written them both off. I am 100% for a trade back

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So has everyone ruled out us taking a QB at 5? While I'm not for it, if Winston is there, he very well could be the BPA at that point. I could see a scenario where we take either one, apply some pressure on RG3 to step up and have the drafted QB sit this year while he learns.

If Winston or Mariota drop to us at 5, I would still rather us trade back to pick up additional picks, but it is an intriguing option.

I'

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I was thinking about that too. No to MM for sure, if it's Winston well they need a QB and if GMSM thinks he's the pick then I'll be fine with it.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about that too. No to MM for sure, if it's Winston well they need a QB and if GMSM thinks he's the pick then I'll be fine with it.

I agree, Winston appears to have that "it" factor. His composure seems to never change whether up 20 or down 20, he'll give you everything he's got. He also has a great pocket presence.

Hate that things didn't work out with RGIII or that we didn't address needs or trade down, but by 2016 I think you'd have someone that could led you to the playoffs.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a chance in Hell Winston is there at 5. If the other 4 don't want him someone will make a big offer to jump in front of us.

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling Winston is going to be selected number 1 overall and the Titans wont be selecting a QB with the 2nd pick

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, we could engage Cleveland's interest in trading our #5, Garcon & Cousins for their #12 & #19. They would likely add Cooper if available at #5 and have a new look offense. We likely land an OT and a pass rusher/NT.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or, we could engage Cleveland's interest in trading our #5, Garcon & Cousins for their #12 & #19. They would likely add Cooper if available at #5 and have a new look offense. We likely land an OT and a pass rusher/NT.

i am sure cleveland would love to fleece us like that . absolutely horrible trade for us