• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mock drafts. Narrowing it down.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiper has been teetering between Randy Gregory and Brandon Scherff for us at 5.

For Washington, Kiper said, McCloughan’s priority list should include these three areas: Offensive line, secondary and pass rusher. In his first mock draft, he placed Nebraska end/linebacker Randy Gregory with the Redskins at No. 5. He debated about putting Iowa tackle Brandon Scherff in that spot.

“Offensive line has to be front and center or a pass rusher,” Kiper said. “I thought about Scherff, but went with Gregory opposite Ryan Kerrigan with [Brian] Orakpo moving on and now you have something.”

My choice has been Scherff all along.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still in the Scherff camp, but the idea of Ray or Gregory is gaining momentum for me. It appears there is no hope for Rak, so the idea of Kerrigan, and Ray, two double digit sack masters coming off the edge should really help the secondary.

If they go that route, I would like to see them pick up Hariston from Buffalo. I don't want another 2nd or 3rd round project on the right side. If that's their plan, they should just draft Scherff.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still on board with the pass rusher but Gregory looks so small to me, like a big WR.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think we can go pass rusher since o/line has great depth

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all in on a trade down. I still like peat

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm souring on Scherff at #5. There are reports that he's got issues with pass protection. If so, he's not worth the pick at that spot. Gregory, I hear, is a project. He's got raw talent, but he needs to be coached up. Not exactly too inspiring at #5 either. Shane Ray would the fit bill here, IF we decide to keep the pick. Danny Shelton is another name that's getting bandied about.

What we should do is trade down with either Cleveland or Philly and get a king's ransom of picks and/or young players in the process.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm souring on Scherff at #5. There are reports that he's got issues with pass protection. If so, he's not worth the pick at that spot. Gregory, I hear, is a project. He's got raw talent, but he needs to be coached up. Not exactly too inspiring at #5 either. Shane Ray would the fit bill here, IF we decide to keep the pick. Danny Shelton is another name that's getting bandied about.

What we should do is trade down

There are a lot of options at OT, and wasn't Trent Murphy this amazing pass rusher coming out of college?
I don't see how two smaller guys with more speed are going to make an immediate impact.
I like this trading down idea the more and more I hear about it.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a lot of options at OT, and wasn't Trent Murphy this amazing pass rusher coming out of college?
I don't see how two smaller guys with more speed are going to make an immediate impact.
I like this trading down idea the more and more I hear about it.

Trent Murphy was available in the 2nd round because nobody saw this "amazing pass rusher" coming out of college. Ray and Gregory are totally different prospects.

I'm with Dad, this draft is deep at OL, pass rushers are so much harder to find. But in GMSM we trust so whoever he picks is OK with me.

redskinsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Mock Draft: Super Bowl Week Projections | Bleacher Report

A trade down with the Rams at 10 and 41.
This would work for me.

They have us selecting Scherff -- but at guard. This ought to tell a lot of people something about Scherff: he's clearly not worth taking at #5. And guards aren't usually taken at #10 either. I'd just as soon sign Mike Iupati at guard, take Danny Shelton with the #10 overall, and get an OT with either our #38 or #41. I'd also love to get Devin McCourty from NE. If we do that, we can take BPA at #41.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have us selecting Scherff -- but at guard. This ought to tell a lot of people something about Scherff: he's clearly not worth taking at #5. And guards aren't usually taken at #10 either. I'd just as soon sign Mike Iupati at guard, take Danny Shelton with the #10 overall, and get an OT with either our #38 or #41. I'd also love to get Devin McCourty from NE. If we do that, we can take BPA at #41.

1st i dont know if scotty is a big FA guy . 2nd if scherff is "a guard" and he proves to be a pro bowl caliber guy i could care less if we pick him at 5 . however that is a gamble we dont need to take with the o/line depth in this draft

this draft is weak in the 1st round . we will make our money in rounds 3-5 where the strength of this draft is .

trading down from 5 could very well be hard and not likely so i am not sure who we draft at 5 will come come close to being a sure thing less a leanord williams

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I never said I was against playing Scherff at guard. Mayock and Kiper both have said this. The myth that you don't draft guards in the first round is evaporating. We need to build from within and I don't care if he is taken at 10 and we play him at guard. We have so many holes to fill.

All pro guards this year. Yanda Baltimore and Zach Martin Dallas
Second team Josh Sitton GB.
The Guard position is crucial. A position we have struck out on for 2 decades.

Building from the draft. Draft the best football players. Then retain the best players you draft.

I think we should make a strong play for McCourty.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st i dont know if scotty is a big FA guy . 2nd if scherff is "a guard" and he proves to be a pro bowl caliber guy i could care less if we pick him at 5 . however that is a gamble we dont need to take with the o/line depth in this draft

this draft is weak in the 1st round . we will make our money in rounds 3-5 where the strength of this draft is .

trading down from 5 could very well be hard and not likely so i am not sure who we draft at 5 will come come close to being a sure thing less a leanord williams
hes not, but signing a big name like iupati or mccourty isnt out of the question.

2010: Chester Pitts, Traded for Marshawn Lynch
2011: Leon Washington, Sidney Rice, Tarvaris Jackson, Zach Miller, Brandon Browner
2012: Matt Flynn, Red Bryant, Kellen Winslow, Chris Clemons, Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens
2013: Michael Bennett, Cliff Avril, Antoine Winfield, Traded for Percy Harvin
2014: Nothing before McCloughan resigned in April

Scot McCloughan has done more with less; a look at the San Francisco and Seattle rebuilds (warning, very long, don't open if you don't like to read) - The Stadium - Extremeskins

(pretty good post by some guy^)

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005: Jonas Jennings for seven years
2006: Nothing big unless you count Walt Harris and receiver Antonio Bryant
2007: Aubrayo Franklin, Nate Clements, Tully Banta-Cain, Trade for Darrell Jackson
2008: Justin Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Shaun Hill, Isaac Sopoaga, Isaac Bruce, Takeo Spikes
2009: Marvel Smith, Dre Bly, Demetric Evans

more scot signings

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice!

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2005: Jonas Jennings for seven years
2006: Nothing big unless you count Walt Harris and receiver Antonio Bryant
2007: Aubrayo Franklin, Nate Clements, Tully Banta-Cain, Trade for Darrell Jackson
2008: Justin Smith, Ahmad Brooks, Shaun Hill, Isaac Sopoaga, Isaac Bruce, Takeo Spikes
2009: Marvel Smith, Dre Bly, Demetric Evans

more scot signings

So much for the theory that he doesn't actively participate in FA.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for the theory that he doesn't actively participate in FA.
somewhat. hes definitely a build through the draft guy but he does participate in the free agency and will occasionally sign a big name like cliff avril.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back and read what McCloughan said he believes in not spending a lot for a high priced free agent who is more than likely on the downhill slide in 2 years or less. Snyder/McClougan signed Avril for $15 million for two years. I believe that is the right way to use free agency.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you go back and read what McCloughan said he believes in not spending a lot for a high priced free agent who is more than likely on the downhill slide in 2 years or less. Snyder/McClougan signed Avril for $15 million for two years. I believe that is the right way to use free agency.
good, so at least we dont have to worry about any hatcher signings. plus the guy that are being talked about on here are all around 27. i can seriously see us signing either iupati or mccourty