• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missouri's Dorial Green-Beckham Suspended "Indefinitely"

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder where he ends up next? Northern Idaho or somewhere like that?

Some kids are better off NOT going to school near home. He should have left the state.

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I wonder where he ends up next? Northern Idaho or somewhere like that?

Some kids are better off NOT going to school near home. He should have left the state.

If he does enroll some place else, it will probably be at one of the Kansas JUCO's. If he's still enrolled in Missouri, he could regain his place on the football team for the fall. Only if he can somehow stop bringing attention to himself.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm of the opinion getting away from a home environment is probably better for him. Go somewhere, and learn how to be a man on your own two feet, instead of crying home to mommy every chance you get.

But then again, given what he did, he'd probably do the same dumb ish somewhere else. Being a dumbass causes problems no matter where you go.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
They have eyewitnesses of him hitting a women. Kind of sad that the reaction is Pinkel "is laying down the hammer" given this is not the first incident

I agree but there aren't many major programs that would dismiss him so soon most would let this play out longer under the guise that they need to "investigate" with hope it would go away.

Pinkel is leading the country right now in how to deal with tough and unusual circumstances (DBG & Sams) and he is batting a 1,000.

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Pinkel for keeping the integrity of the team and university by booting him.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hats off to Pinkel for keeping the integrity of the team and university by booting him.

I don't think the university booted him. I think he's still enrolled, just kicked off the team.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-
They have eyewitnesses of him hitting a women. Kind of sad that the reaction is Pinkel "is laying down the hammer" given this is not the first incident
Green-Beckham was the subject of an investigation by Columbia, Mo., police this week after an 18-year-old Missouri student said Green-Beckham forced open her apartment door at 2:30 a.m. on Sunday while trying to see his girlfriend, a friend of the victim.

The woman said Green-Beckham pushed her down at least four stairs.

Another roommate told police the 6-foot-6, 225-pound athlete pushed the first woman with two hands to the chest. Later that night, the two told a detective they didn't want to press charges, and police closed the case Thursday without an arrest.

----------------------------------------------------

Lets not pretend this is an act of a hardened criminal. I mean 4 whole stairs and the University is losing its best football player, probably 1-3 games, lots of national exposure, possibly millions of dollars, etc, etc. Pacino's 'Football is a game of inches' line really is a 24/7 ordeal.

It is what it is. Guilty until proven innocent again. I guess we have integrity. We can go back to lol @ Mizzou threads again this time next year with our integrity.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-

Seriously. It has pretty much become decided for him to kick him off the team. What he did is out there in the public and it's not getting better.

There isn't a team out there who wouldn't have done the same thing given the trouble he has been in for the past few months.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. It has pretty much become decided for him to kick him off the team. What he did is out there in the public and it's not getting better.

There isn't a team out there who wouldn't have done the same thing given the trouble he has been in for the past few months.
You say that but I was watching Memphis in in the NCAA Tournament and Michael Dixon was playing just fine. No one was talking about his incidents.

I'm not going to defend the guy but its frustrating. Mizzou isn't Alabama. Losing a big recruit will cost us football games.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not surprised at all.

he's been given several chances and this incident and it's severity, was just the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

Props to Mizoo.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You say that but I was watching Memphis in in the NCAA Tournament and Michael Dixon was playing just fine. No one was talking about his incidents.

I'm not going to defend the guy but its frustrating. Mizzou isn't Alabama. Losing a big recruit will cost us football games.

I just think pretty much every team in the country would have done the same thing is all. I'm not trying to dis on Missouri or anything, I'm just saying I don't understand where all this praise is coming from as if nobody else would do it and Missouri all a sudden did.

And for the record, I'm not exactly in favor of kicking kids off teams for mistakes. I'm kind of torn on it because what's best for the individual may not be being kicked off the team, but then you also have to think about the team itself and the other players etc. But I'm fine with kids not being kicked off in general honestly.

The Crimson King

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plays WR, not sure that is a huge factor in his ability. I would still have DBG. His physical talent is above everyone else. I am surprised D'hquille chose Auburn. Not exactly a WR friendly system in place for next yr.

yes it is

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what it is. Guilty until proven innocent again. I guess we have integrity. We can go back to lol @ Mizzou threads again this time next year with our integrity.

We aren't really LOL @ Mizzou. Most of us are expressing disappointment at an exceptional athlete blowing his future. A similar incident happened to former Longhorn WR Dan Buckner, 6'4" 215, in 2010. Only he didn't push a female down a set of stairs.
Texas Longhorns receiver Dan Buckner to transfer after arrest on trespassing charge - ESPN

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will he be free to transfer to another school? probably some schools out there that will overlook what he did... have a watchful eye on him etc