• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Missed the Nevada Game. Couple Questions

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I missed my first ND game in about 10yrs....Family function that day. I was looking for a Post Game thread but don't see one. So a couple questions is you don't mind??

1- How did Crawford get hurt? It seems these major injuries are happening at home. So curious how he did it.

2-Following the game on Twitter it seems like ND was moving the ball and scoring, them all of a sudden it stopped. Was this due to the QB change?

Don't worry, I'll be back this Sat night to start my new streak!!

GO IRISH!!

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. He made a play to strip a ball after getting beat deep. He jumped up either in celebration or frustration on the play. When he came down he seemed to tear his Achilles.

2. The offense actually started incredibly slow. Too many penalties and overall sloppy play. They started clicking at the end of the first and put up 25 points in the second quarter. Zaire actually led them on a scoring drive ending with Folston's TD. After that it was mostly backups and unimaginative play calling that slowed things down in the 4th quarter.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another knee injury from jumping up and celebrating like last yr. I swear that field is cursed...LOL.

Thanks for the info. It seemed like ND was moving the ball from the start...

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So another knee injury from jumping up and celebrating like last yr. I swear that field is cursed...LOL.

Thanks for the info. It seemed like ND was moving the ball from the start...

i'm not so sure that's what happened, at least when i saw it. i think he was hurt when he went down. he then hopped up on it and realized he was hurt. he certainly wasn't celebrating anything.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm not so sure that's what happened, at least when i saw it. i think he was hurt when he went down. he then hopped up on it and realized he was hurt. he certainly wasn't celebrating anything.
I thought he was more frustrated than celebrating. I don't think you hop like that when you tear your Achilles. You go down pretty quick, which is what he did AFTER the jump.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this injury came during a celebration. He jumped up off the ground, but as soon as he landed it was obvious that he was hurt. It looked like he caught his foot in the turf defending the pass. The sad thing was that the play we nullified due to a penalty. This kid's career has been jinxed from the start. I hope he recovers from this. This should qualify him for a sixth year of eligibility.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I missed my first ND game in about 10yrs....Family function that day. I was looking for a Post Game thread but don't see one. So a couple questions is you don't mind??

1- How did Crawford get hurt? It seems these major injuries are happening at home. So curious how he did it.

2-Following the game on Twitter it seems like ND was moving the ball and scoring, them all of a sudden it stopped. Was this due to the QB change?

GO IRISH!!

I think I've hit every home game for the past 8 years, but I will miss MSU for a family function. Can someone please tell young women that getting married during football season is a mistake. (Unless you want everyone at the reception crowded around a TV or an iPad.)

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he was more frustrated than celebrating. I don't think you hop like that when you tear your Achilles. You go down pretty quick, which is what he did AFTER the jump.

If you watched the replay when he was going down after making the play it looked like his foot got caught up and twisted a little which was what I thought cause it.

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GO IRISH!!
I was wondering where you were! We actually had a couple absent from the Irish Game thread last week then again it was a crap weekend of football so I don't blame them.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering where you were! We actually had a couple absent from the Irish Game thread last week then again it was a crap weekend of football so I don't blame them.

Rather have missed last week than Sat night...gotta pick my battles. My family should know better to schedule anything after 3 on Sat and 1 on Sundays...LOL

nathans8823

Well-Known Notre Dame Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 203.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather have missed last week than Sat night...gotta pick my battles. My family should know better to schedule anything after 3 on Sat and 1 on Sundays...LOL
No kidding! Surely don't wanna miss the game on Saturday Night! Oh and same for my family

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im with you. I went away last week because I knew it was the Nevada game. Lucky for me they had the game on where we went. I give my wife a handful of games that she can schedule things on. This year was the Nevada game, Navy and Army weeks.

Im going to the Cuse game at metlife. I love when they come to NJ.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Pur...My wife told me I have to write on the calendar from now on when the Irish and Patriots are on and what time..I pretty much blocked out Sunday's LOL.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Pur...My wife told me I have to write on the calendar from now on when the Irish and Patriots are on and what time..I pretty much blocked out Sunday's LOL.
She hates football season but she knows I give her the other 7 months to schedule whatever she wants.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She hates football season but she knows I give her the other 7 months to schedule whatever she wants.

Actually my wife likes it. It means she can leave all day and shop and I won't give a shit...LOL