• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miscellaneous Stuff

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hot Stove show on MLB Network.

Really good. Lots of hot stove info, and, IMO, they've found the sweetspot between old and new school perspectives on baseball. Worth some space on the DVR.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hot Stove show on MLB Network.

Really good. Lots of hot stove info, and, IMO, they've found the sweetspot between old and new school perspectives on baseball. Worth some space on the DVR.

I gave up attempting to DVR anything on MLB a LONG time ago. They shuffle their lineup so much, DVRing is near worthless with them.

At least with their posted schedule on TWC in SD...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This position player sported a batting line of:

.363/.461/.588/ 1.049
OPS+ 174
8.2 WAR
667 PA

and yet finished 9th in the MVP voting - the winner that year played to a 4.6 WAR.

Any guess on who the player was, and what year?

Last edited by a moderator:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This position player sported a batting line of:

.363/.461/.588/ 1.049
OPS+ 174
8.2 WAR
667 PA

and yet finished 9th in the MVP voting - the winner that year played to a 4.6 WAR.

Any guess on who the player was, and what year?

Had to do some research. It was Boggs in 1987. The voting for the AL MVP was really strange that year. Boggs had the leader in almost every stat but HR and RBIs. Even then he hit 24 dingers and drove in 111. 2nd place may be somewhat debateable but 9th is a travesty

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Had to do some research. It was Boggs in 1987. The voting for the AL MVP was really strange that year. Boggs had the leader in almost every stat but HR and RBIs. Even then he hit 24 dingers and drove in 111. 2nd place may be somewhat debateable but 9th is a travesty

Nicely done.

Yep. I can't see how any writer could justify leaving Boggs off their ballot, or not putting him as one of their top three. No way that would happen today.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
22 Terrible Things That Must End in 2013

$300 headphones: Know the best part about buying $300 headphones instead of just wearing cheap, simple, and effective earbuds like everyone else? Not being able to hear people say they feel embarrassed for you. If you are not a record producer or a DJ, stop buying $300 headphones in 2013.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SportsHoopla Smack Down of the Year:

Let me start off by saying I feel bad for all of your future clients.

Now that that's out of the way, the contracts issue is only a slam dunk under your very flawed interpretation of the wording, and scope of the contract as well as pertinent law. Please see my above post the details on those issues. This post is about your flawed, lazy thinking, and your statist leanings.

I fucking laughed my ass off when I saw the papers to which you cited. Truly sophomoric. First you bring up the plain meaning rule which would have required labored integration to into your argument, but you didn't even make an effort. You might as well have cited to Orin S. Kerr, A Theory of Law, 16 GREEN BAG 2D 111 (2012). Even that would have been an improvement. Instead you just said "contractual language can be flawed, I win."

Then it was the parol evidence article, once again trying to explain ambiguity which only you saw. Now we get to the part that speaks poorly for your prospects as a lawyer. You brought up all this nebulous crap to serve an argument formulated upon your presupposition (of intent by the authors to authorize entry by LEOs). That is a losing strategy every time if you refuse to look at the laws first. 5 minutes on google is all it took me. You discarded common sense by trying to explain away the word "and" and basing your entire argument upon the incompetence of the drafters of the contract. That is fucking rich.

Even then, your interpretations display a complete lack of understanding of the US constitution, US jurisprudence and ignorance of the country in which you live. "Constructive/actual possession," "forcible entry," "force of law vs policy" are all things that should have popped into your head when you saw the tape. The kid even, in his own way, points all these things out, so this is very very easy shit.

I'm going to make a leap of faith and suppose you're not incredibly stupid. Incompetent yes, stupid no. These flawed arguments were made (hopefully) to reach a desired conclusion. You see people with authority telling others what to do and you like it. You don't know why, but you want to see boots on necks. That's messed up dude. You and your kind are the enemy of liberty. You hate the freedoms that other enjoy and you will never change.

Or maybe you're just an idiot.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SportsHoopla Smack Down of the Year:

lol, ouch. We need to get tz up in there to "confirm or disconfirm" this post. This aggression will not stand!

Great find gp. I like that pic in there too "Mushrooms are like goats".

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
lol, ouch. We need to get tz up in there to "confirm or disconfirm" this post. This aggression will not stand!

Great find gp. I like that pic in there too "Mushrooms are like goats".

Francisco is probably another tz-alt. But, yeah, I'd appreciate seeing his scorecard, if he reads that thread.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francisco is probably another tz-alt. But, yeah, I'd appreciate seeing his scorecard, if he reads that thread.

I gave up about post 84, but essentially I think it reduces to this:

1. The kid is a One L and freaking out about his first set of finals (torts and contracts are mandatory first year classes).
2. He's gummed up the main thrust of the Parole Evidence Rule, which talks about excluding negotiations prior to a finalized contract from consideration of contract fulfillment. Example: I pay Filo my monthly dues of $100, Filo sues me saying that prior to executing the agreement at SportsHoopla, I agreed to give him my Susac baseball and pay $100 a month. Filo's evidence would be inadmissable by the PER because we have a reduced contract. There are many exceptions to the PER, but dormatory entrance isn't one.
3. He's trying to make a wild ass analogy to contract law, which wouldn't supercede Constitutional law even if his analogy held, which it doesn't.
4. He hasn't had Con Law yet, so he's ignorant.
5. He wants to show off his knowledge which is pretty common for One L's. He ended up showing off his lack of knowledge, which is also pretty common for One L's.
6. The Rules are pretty plain on their face and the board has read them, IMO, correctly. He's wandering around in tangentially and/or tenuously connected legal areas trying to cover his ignorance.

He'll probably end up a wildly successful politician...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I gave up about post 84, but essentially I think it reduces to this:

1. The kid is a One L and freaking out about his first set of finals (torts and contracts are mandatory first year classes).
2. He's gummed up the main thrust of the Parole Evidence Rule, which talks about excluding negotiations prior to a finalized contract from consideration of contract fulfillment. Example: I pay Filo my monthly dues of $100, Filo sues me saying that prior to executing the agreement at SportsHoopla, I agreed to give him my Susac baseball and pay $100 a month. Filo's evidence would be inadmissable by the PER because we have a reduced contract. There are many exceptions to the PER, but dormatory entrance isn't one.
3. He's trying to make a wild ass analogy to contract law, which wouldn't supercede Constitutional law even if his analogy held, which it doesn't.
4. He hasn't had Con Law yet, so he's ignorant.
5. He wants to show off his knowledge which is pretty common for One L's. He ended up showing off his lack of knowledge, which is also pretty common for One L's.
6. The Rules are pretty plain on their face and the board has read them, IMO, correctly. He's wandering around in tangentially and/or tenuously connected legal areas trying to cover his ignorance.

He'll probably end up a wildly successful politician...

Yeah, seems like a bit of Dunning-Kruger with this kid. Worked himself onto a limb, and couldn't figure out how to get back without admitting fault. You're right, he'll make a great politician.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eagle tries to snatch toddler.

Last edited by a moderator:

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2