• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Mini" GameDay

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your URL was a little off, but I found the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/08/25/sports/ncaafootball/college-footballs-most-dominant-player-its-espn.html

We can conclude then that it is the PAC's stupid rules that caused this to happen, right?

Me personally I don't mind the Thursday night game. At least it doesn't interfere with LSU/Bama on Saturday night. I'd expect ESPN to get it's highest rated Thursday night game ever. I actually think it's better for conference and program exposure to be on at least one Thursday night during the year. It just so happens that another top 10 matchup is on at the same time. If Stanford/Oregon was the only game on tomorrow night the hype machine would be through the roof more than it already is, but it's somewhat sharing the spotlight w/OU & Baylor.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do they determine the location? I think having it at a neutral site every year is a good thing.

They dont do Neutral Sites. We have been over this last year.

They play the game at the divisional champ with best record.

In 2011 when Oregon hosted it tix were going on line for 150 - 200.

Mine through Duck Season tix odds were 100 or something like that. Dont remember.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night games are the fucking worst thing ever when it is your team playing on those days.

I cant even go to this game because of it. Was planning on traveling to it. Went to Seattle for Huskies vs Oregon for my annual road game instead.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thursday night games are the fucking worst thing ever when it is your team playing on those days.

I cant even go to this game because of it. Was planning on traveling to it. Went to Seattle for Huskies vs Oregon for my annual road game instead.

:agree:

If you want to watch on TV, I guess it's ok. If you want to travel to the game, not so much.