• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Milk's 2016 playoff league

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt bryant

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess James White, then Green Bay's D?

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, I would have been much better off not starting a defense.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Congrats @obxyankeefan and @SteelersPride for making it to the SUper bowl...

Too bad both games were such disappointments... in real life and in fantasy...

and for this, it is funny that the break out star of this week was of course on the team that was leading in points... making this nearly a runaway... Great job obxyankee on having a great team AND getting lucky...

I already eliminated Barilko and femurov and will start adding the players Now...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk you might want to make some changes next year.

1 the QBs still get too many points, maybe dropping passing FDs to 1/2 a point or INC to -2

2. After the Conference Championships switch the draft up to either Second drafts first or snake draft. @SteelersPride is correct it kinda takes the fun out of it when you are second going to the SB and knowing you are all but out of it.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milk you might want to make some changes next year.

1 the QBs still get too many points, maybe dropping passing FDs to 1/2 a point or INC to -2

2. After the Conference Championships switch the draft up to either Second drafts first or snake draft. @SteelersPride is correct it kinda takes the fun out of it when you are second going to the SB and knowing you are all but out of it.

1. its not that QBs get too many points... the problem is that when a QB has that very good game they can score so much more than the average QB... the problem is also vice versa that the bad QBs can now get negative(and have during this)... i will look for how to fix that, but honestly i don't know how... I personally love how the QBs accrue points, just need to fix the GREAT and TERRIBLE games...

2. This is the very difficult situation... But i do agree as well... But this was a weird playoff, where half the teams per playoff week had terrible games and terrible fantasy players.... IF this was a close match, you would not have wanted to LOSE because the team you were ahead of got the BEST player... so i have no clue if it is a real problem or if this was just a freak season...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. its not that QBs get too many points... the problem is that when a QB has that very good game they can score so much more than the average QB... the problem is also vice versa that the bad QBs can now get negative(and have during this)... i will look for how to fix that, but honestly i don't know how... I personally love how the QBs accrue points, just need to fix the GREAT and TERRIBLE games...

2. This is the very difficult situation... But i do agree as well... But this was a weird playoff, where half the teams per playoff week had terrible games and terrible fantasy players.... IF this was a close match, you would not have wanted to LOSE because the team you were ahead of got the BEST player... so i have no clue if it is a real problem or if this was just a freak season...

I was just throwing out things I had noticed, not trying to tell you how to run it.

1 You are right. The last two years I have done good because of the high scores my QBs were getting, I didn't think about the opposite being true also.

2. I was in the same boat as SP last year. If you are more than 10 points behind it would be very hard to catch up.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just throwing out things I had noticed, not trying to tell you how to run it.

1 You are right. The last two years I have done good because of the high scores my QBs were getting, I didn't think about the opposite being true also.

2. I was in the same boat as SP last year. If you are more than 10 points behind it would be very hard to catch up.

Don't worry... I am happy to improve a league if needed...

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe my QB scoring is better for a larger pool of QBs... as it makes actual QB play more important... i can see with such a small pool that the QB has too much of an affect since the difference between them can be more dramatic... and in this we are stuck with the QB we get...

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe my QB scoring is better for a larger pool of QBs... as it makes actual QB play more important... i can see with such a small pool that the QB has too much of an affect since the difference between them can be more dramatic... and in this we are stuck with the QB we get...

I was serious in the other thread about maybe trying a regular season league next year with this point system. Maybe call it the MBBRL wild and crazy league.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was serious in the other thread about maybe trying a regular season league next year with this point system. Maybe call it the MBBRL wild and crazy league.

I am happy to hear you say that( i did not see your post in the other thread)... I do think the QB scoring still needs minor tinkering... But i never liked how bad QBs who are on passing teams can score more than QBs who clearly had the better game...

i wanted pass% but that is a premium stat, so i avoided it in this despite playoff leagues are free even for premium stats...