• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mile McCoy Fired

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not so sure VJ is safe. I think it will depend on how he finishes out the year.

I’m pretty sure Elway isn’t the kind a guy to covert someone for four years and then fire them after 1. If we end badly he may tell Joseph he’s on a tight leash but even Elway knows that firing your new head coach after one year isn’t the right move

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m pretty sure Elway isn’t the kind a guy to covert someone for four years and then fire them after 1. If we end badly he may tell Joseph he’s on a tight leash but even Elway knows that firing your new head coach after one year isn’t the right move

You also know what isn't the right move? Calling your team soft.

I know Elway is a god in Denver but he also deserves some of the blame, particularly for the QB situation.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance Vance Joseph is gone after this year after talking with some sources. Elway and him are not seeing eye to eye on much right now.

Mike McCoy was not just a scapegoat. Joseph and Elway both have talked to him about his offense and how he is running it. They both told him to run the football more but he refused. His system also was more complicated now than even when Manning was here making it difficult for players to learn and play fast. Again Joseph and Elway both told him to simplify and he was against that idea. They also told him to stop running certain formations as they were not working at all and again he refused. As good as he was at designing an offense to fit the skill set of his players before he just wasn't as flexible this time around for some reason. I think he got so used to having a veteran like Manning and Rivers run his system and thought his system was good. Kind of like Del Rio when he was here of his scheme was best and it didn't matter if it fit the personnel or not.

Lots more changes coming to players and coaches from here on out. Joseph expected to be fired when the season ends and the defensive staff and special teams staff are expected to let walk. Might keep a couple. Musgrave has 6 games just like Lynch to prove he should stay. If he wins then offensive staff will be picked out by Musgrave and Elway together.

There are rumors that some big name coaches could walk this offseason with some of them having a good relationship with Elway. I would guess Elway will go the veteran coach direction this time around.

Also big changes coming to the scouting department and how they go about looking at prospects.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week I almost started a thread asking what or who has been the greatest disappointment this year. Mine were all three coordinators, but especially McCoy. I had high hopes that he would work with the players we have and not try to fit them in the system. And I never saw that this year. So for me, he went from high expectations to being disappointed.

But was still surprised he wasn’t allowed to finish out the year. Means there are major internal conflicts.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last week I almost started a thread asking what or who has been the greatest disappointment this year. Mine were all three coordinators, but especially McCoy. I had high hopes that he would work with the players we have and not try to fit them in the system. And I never saw that this year. So for me, he went from high expectations to being disappointed.

But was still surprised he wasn’t allowed to finish out the year. Means there are major internal conflicts.

Also don't get the hate for Joe Woods. We are playing Defense at an extremely high level and if you look at the defenses of last year and this year and they are extremely similar we just happen to have a worse Offense and Special Teams. I've been hard on the Defense at times given that they seem to show up and play hard until they get screwed by the other 2 phases of the game and then give up as well but that goes all the way back to when we had Dennis Allen as our DC this isn't a first time occurrence.

In fact you can argue that the Defense is playing better this year than last because outside of 2 games they have kept this team in every single game and given our terrible Offense and ST that is practically impossible to do, way more than last year where we had a bad Offense but a decent special teams.

Hell if we had even a competent Offense and ST we would've won the Bills, Giants, & Bengals games for sure and maybe the Chiefs and be sitting at 6-4/7-3 and in 1st place in the division.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Elway is a god in Denver but he also deserves some of the blame, particularly for the QB situation.

Didn't you guys fire our current OC Bill Musgrave as your OC last season after going 12-4 and making the playoffs for the first time since 2003?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Elway cleans house he'll be the next one out the door
Manning hid the lack of talent on this team for the last 3-4 years

Reactions: DJ

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't you guys fire our current OC Bill Musgrave as your OC last season after going 12-4 and making the playoffs for the first time since 2003?

As you will soon find out....we didn't go 12-4 because of Musgrave, we did it in in spite of him. His play calling was beyond bizarre.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think bringing in Manning made Elway think he was better than he actually was. Peyton Manning's don't grow on trees.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance Vance Joseph is gone after this year after talking with some sources. Elway and him are not seeing eye to eye on much right now.

Mike McCoy was not just a scapegoat. Joseph and Elway both have talked to him about his offense and how he is running it. They both told him to run the football more but he refused. His system also was more complicated now than even when Manning was here making it difficult for players to learn and play fast. Again Joseph and Elway both told him to simplify and he was against that idea. They also told him to stop running certain formations as they were not working at all and again he refused. As good as he was at designing an offense to fit the skill set of his players before he just wasn't as flexible this time around for some reason. I think he got so used to having a veteran like Manning and Rivers run his system and thought his system was good. Kind of like Del Rio when he was here of his scheme was best and it didn't matter if it fit the personnel or not.

Lots more changes coming to players and coaches from here on out. Joseph expected to be fired when the season ends and the defensive staff and special teams staff are expected to let walk. Might keep a couple. Musgrave has 6 games just like Lynch to prove he should stay. If he wins then offensive staff will be picked out by Musgrave and Elway together.

There are rumors that some big name coaches could walk this offseason with some of them having a good relationship with Elway. I would guess Elway will go the veteran coach direction this time around.

Also big changes coming to the scouting department and how they go about looking at prospects.

Firing him after just one season would just be so wrong. Especially, since Elway basically hand picked him.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As you will soon find out....we didn't go 12-4 because of Musgrave, we did it in in spite of him. His play calling was beyond bizarre.

Well we have 6 games to find out. But given that your Offense was great last year with Musgrave and shit this year without him leads me to believe he was the reason you did well, but like I said we'll see. And even then Paxton Lynch is no Derek Carr so right off the bat it's not a fair comparison but one everyone will make anyways.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we have 6 games to find out. But given that your Offense was great last year with Musgrave and shit this year without him leads me to believe he was the reason you did well, but like I said we'll see. And even then Paxton Lynch is no Derek Carr so right off the bat it's not a fair comparison but one everyone will make anyways.

Musgrave being our OC wouldn't be helping Amari Cooper catch more passes. He has regressed big time this season and our FO didn't really address our defense this past off-season. They tried to correct that by bringing in Bowman a few weeks ago but to be honest I can't place why our season has been a huge disappointment so far. But, I doubt it's the new OC.....he seems to know what he's doing but like in most cases, we just aren't executing like we should be.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what you do when your team is playing like a bunch of soft bitches? You call them out on it. The Offense is soft. We do have some guys who are still trying. Keep those guys and light a fire under the rest. If they don't wake up then I guess cuts just got a little easier, didn't they?

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing him after just one season would just be so wrong. Especially, since Elway basically hand picked him.
I agree 100%. No coach will want to work with Elway.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PFM absolutely did make the O-Line function. He also raised the level of play of everyone on the O. And I think that, barring the times after his body fell apart, he inspired the D because they believed that they always had a shot with him in there. But PFM isn't walking back in the locker room door to play QB for us any more than Elway is. I wouldn't 'clean house' but the team needs to be rebuilt.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy is just a scapegoat and not the real problem in Denver.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what you do when your team is playing like a bunch of soft bitches? You call them out on it. The Offense is soft. We do have some guys who are still trying. Keep those guys and light a fire under the rest. If they don't wake up then I guess cuts just got a little easier, didn't they?

From what I heard he called them all soft.....not just the offense. The defense is most definitely not soft, but the way they are built is to play with a lead, not to be trailing by 13-17 points, which is what the offense does when they turn the ball over as much as they do.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for sure it will not be a boring offseason

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no fly zone could be history and the D is not generating turnovers and the ball is just not bouncing Denvers way this year
What to make of Roby
Who knows what he is right now. Someone will pay him should it be Denver?

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The no fly zone could be history and the D is not generating turnovers and the ball is just not bouncing Denvers way this year
What to make of Roby
Who knows what he is right now. Someone will pay him should it be Denver?

Next year would finally be the time to pick Roby over Talib. From what I see Talib is falling off. He doesn't suck but he's not as good as he has been. Maybe that's the scheme hampering him. I can't say for sure because I've been neglecting my replay duties as we have fallen off the cliff, as it's incredibly annoying to watch the team shit the bed over and over again, but he doesn't look like the same guy to me. I think the No Fly Zone is done.