• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mile McCoy Fired

Jumpman98

GO Broncos-Yankees-Bulls-ND Fighting Irish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Jumpman, don’t remember seeing you post on here. Welcome!

As Mingo said, hope he simplifies it for Lynch.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Olivo gone either. VJ I think should return. This isn’t the Browns. Perhaps Musgrave can coach himself into a full time OC gig for next year too. It would be ideal if they could start laying the foundation for next year now. Otherwise this is just a wasted season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Bill Musgrave's game plan can provide a spark to the offense.

Yes - greetings and welcome to one of the best forums on the internets.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes - greetings and welcome to one of the best forums on the internets.

It really is. This group of Broncos fans is as good as you’ll find on the internet. It’s been an ugly season and there’s not a lot to indicate it’s going to get any better but this group is still a lot of fun.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really is. This group of Broncos fans is as good as you’ll find on the internet. It’s been an ugly season and there’s not a lot to indicate it’s going to get any better but this group is still a lot of fun.

Without a doubt just best people around :)

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without a doubt just best people around :)

Damn straight! We're Broncos fans after all. Welcome Jumpman!

My greatest wish is that the Broncos play Paxton ALL six of the remaining games, regardless of how he does. The trick to knowing what to do next year won't be his win-loss record with the team but whether he can show that he is improving from week to week. Throw 4 picks in a game, doesn't matter.....keep marching him out there. The Broncos have a condensed time frame to make monumental decisions for this team moving forward, so they need to exercise patience and discipline with this process. Go Broncos!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is making $35MM
I want my leaders to make the "right decisions".
Denver is not moving forward without an QB
Fastest way back on top is to draft the right one high

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn straight! We're Broncos fans after all. Welcome Jumpman!

My greatest wish is that the Broncos play Paxton ALL six of the remaining games, regardless of how he does. The trick to knowing what to do next year won't be his win-loss record with the team but whether he can show that he is improving from week to week. Throw 4 picks in a game, doesn't matter.....keep marching him out there. The Broncos have a condensed time frame to make monumental decisions for this team moving forward, so they need to exercise patience and discipline with this process. Go Broncos!

Completely agree on Lynch. No matter how bad it gets, they have to commit to giving him the whole 6 games. And I agree about the record too, save for at some point the W-L has to justify keeping him. I don’t know what that is. 4-2? Is a 3-3 finish good enough? Suffice to say 1-5 or so would likely mean more of the same, Broncos QB-wise, and it would justify moving on from him.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if we go 0-6 but, each game Lynch shows improvement you'd still give up on him?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firing him after just one season would just be so wrong. Especially, since Elway basically hand picked him.

Well is it better to admit your mistake and move on or continue to compound that mistake by just continuing to do the same thing? From what I understand Elway and Joseph talked and the relationship has a lot of tension right now with just how this season has gone. Not so much the losing as some of that was expected but just how they are losing.

So now from what I understand there is an expectation of how many games he needs to win to keep his job. I wasn't told the number of games but there is a magic number to show progress on this season. Plus the last 6 games of the season are the easiest part of the schedule so can't lose them all and keep his job.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well is it better to admit your mistake and move on or continue to compound that mistake by just continuing to do the same thing? From what I understand Elway and Joseph talked and the relationship has a lot of tension right now with just how this season has gone. Not so much the losing as some of that was expected but just how they are losing.

So now from what I understand there is an expectation of how many games he needs to win to keep his job. I wasn't told the number of games but there is a magic number to show progress on this season. Plus the last 6 games of the season are the easiest part of the schedule so can't lose them all and keep his job.

However, there is no reason to not play Lynch for all the games. The Broncos need to know if they have their QB or not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, there is no reason to not play Lynch for all the games. The Broncos need to know if they have their QB or not.

That is the thing now...Lots of jobs are tied to the success of Lynch. Pretty much Elway has told Joseph and the staff that they must win and they must win with Lynch as their QB. So it is in the best interest of everybody involved to give this kid the best chance possible to succeed. Joseph, Musgraves, most of the offensive staff, maybe even Talib and a few other veterans will all be tied to how Lynch looks. If Lynch proves himself then this team goes from rebuild to competitor next year in a real hurry so those veterans can stay on. If not then time to hit the reset button and that means getting rid of Talib, Sanders, Anderson, and others.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elway fires VJ few things cross my mind
#1 No faith in Elway to make the right decisions going forward
#2 Crash wins poster of the year .
#3 If anyone should be tying thier job to Lynch it should be Elway.
#4 2 drafts picks cut this year already
#5 I think only one of his 2017 draft picks played last Sunday

Last edited:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Elway fires VJ few things cross my mind
#1 No faith in Elway to make the right decisions going forward
#2 Crash wins poster of the year .
#3 If anyone should be tying thier job to Lynch it should be Elway.
#4 2 drafts picks cut this year already
#5 I think only one of his 2017 draft picks played last Sunday

Right now Elway has no boss though so unless he retires or quits he is with the Broncos for better or for worse.

I do know that Elway is making some changes in how the entire scouting department functions. He has definitely taken responsibility for where things are knowing he has to change and they have to get things worked out. So will be interesting to see what changes actually do take place even if Joseph is back as HC.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now Elway has no boss though so unless he retires or quits he is with the Broncos for better or for worse.

I do know that Elway is making some changes in how the entire scouting department functions. He has definitely taken responsibility for where things are knowing he has to change and they have to get things worked out. So will be interesting to see what changes actually do take place even if Joseph is back as HC.

No accountability is ever a good thing.
Peters and Spytek seems to be doing well this year
Up and Comers for SF and TB.
Still don't have trust that Elway will make the "right" changes just changes

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good chance Vance Joseph is gone after this year after talking with some sources. Elway and him are not seeing eye to eye on much right now.

Mike McCoy was not just a scapegoat. Joseph and Elway both have talked to him about his offense and how he is running it. They both told him to run the football more but he refused. His system also was more complicated now than even when Manning was here making it difficult for players to learn and play fast. Again Joseph and Elway both told him to simplify and he was against that idea. They also told him to stop running certain formations as they were not working at all and again he refused. As good as he was at designing an offense to fit the skill set of his players before he just wasn't as flexible this time around for some reason. I think he got so used to having a veteran like Manning and Rivers run his system and thought his system was good. Kind of like Del Rio when he was here of his scheme was best and it didn't matter if it fit the personnel or not.

Lots more changes coming to players and coaches from here on out. Joseph expected to be fired when the season ends and the defensive staff and special teams staff are expected to let walk. Might keep a couple. Musgrave has 6 games just like Lynch to prove he should stay. If he wins then offensive staff will be picked out by Musgrave and Elway together.

There are rumors that some big name coaches could walk this offseason with some of them having a good relationship with Elway. I would guess Elway will go the veteran coach direction this time around.

Also big changes coming to the scouting department and how they go about looking at prospects.

I would give a first time HC, first time D.C. And first time STC another year
Unless they are just that incompetent.

Which big name head coaches would peak our interest ?
Add Elway to McCoy and del rio who thought the defense was all him
Wade had a knack for generating turnovers which is a primary reason why Denver is not the same defense this year

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans have to hold JE accountable. Let's put away the lynch rope - though.

Yes - we are surprised - John Elway is fallible. You are not always going to hit the draft picks - or the right FA and you are certainly not likely to always have a top QB (fate is coming for you NE).

It seems obvious now - that JE - hired an all star cast for Offensive staff and McCoy wanted to go one way - and the QB coach (new OC Musgrave) wanted to go another way. JE hired this staff - sending the message to each of his hirers - that he was their boss - Not VJ - your real boss is the guy who hires you. Insuring his new HC would be disrespected by his subordinate coaches.

We can also put to rest the notion that less experienced QBs - would magically understand QB PHD work - by hanging around Peyton Manning and seeing how he played the position. Neither Siemian nor Oz absorbed PFM talent through the osmosis of proximity. If PFM can't teach guys of lessor talent how to be a top QB -then you pretty much have to assume - you need to find a guy who is born a QB - needing only a few wrinkles and scheme adjustments to put him position to succeed.

So here is where we are:

John Elway - He certainly should get a chance to fix his team. It wasn't just luck that got the Broncos to two Super Bowls in the past few years. Even for the brief time of Christ in human form - he was fallible. I expect the story to emerge soon that the Broncos knew they were screwed this year, but had to play out their hand like they were playoff contenders.

Siemian - Oz - Lynch - Only Lynch has a chance at redemption in Denver. I think he has a better chance to succeed than most people think now. I say this = because in college he was instinctual (the best QBs are). He may be dumb, but if he can do the right thing at the right moment - he has the physical skills to awe. The only way we find out if he can catch up with the pace of the pro football - is by playing him. Obviously - if Lynch works out - that removes a very large need in the draft. Don't forget Chad Kelly - you can just see Kelly lifting his team on the field in the highlights - he has the field general demeanor. He also has the skills (if his body doesn't break).

The Oline - The Broncos haven't really recovered from the change in the blocking rules -cutting back on the chop block. They do have three blue chips in Leary, Bolles and Parades (that's a start if not much of a rotation). A couple of FAs and a couple of draft picks - to concentrate on a power run game - would be a perfect compliment for Lynch. The Broncos need to decide - do they want to use a FB or not.

CJ Anderson - J. Charles - Booker. I think Booker is the keeper here.

Jake Butt - it says something for this season that Jake Butt not playing in it was a bright spot.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fans have to hold JE accountable. Let's put away the lynch rope - though.

Yes - we are surprised - John Elway is fallible. You are not always going to hit the draft picks - or the right FA and you are certainly not likely to always have a top QB (fate is coming for you NE).

It seems obvious now - that JE - hired an all star cast for Offensive staff and McCoy wanted to go one way - and the QB coach (new OC Musgrave) wanted to go another way. JE hired this staff - sending the message to each of his hirers - that he was their boss - Not VJ - your real boss is the guy who hires you. Insuring his new HC would be disrespected by his subordinate coaches.

We can also put to rest the notion that less experienced QBs - would magically understand QB PHD work - by hanging around Peyton Manning and seeing how he played the position. Neither Siemian nor Oz absorbed PFM talent through the osmosis of proximity. If PFM can't teach guys of lessor talent how to be a top QB -then you pretty much have to assume - you need to find a guy who is born a QB - needing only a few wrinkles and scheme adjustments to put him position to succeed.

So here is where we are:

John Elway - He certainly should get a chance to fix his team. It wasn't just luck that got the Broncos to two Super Bowls in the past few years. Even for the brief time of Christ in human form - he was fallible. I expect the story to emerge soon that the Broncos knew they were screwed this year, but had to play out their hand like they were playoff contenders.

Siemian - Oz - Lynch - Only Lynch has a chance at redemption in Denver. I think he has a better chance to succeed than most people think now. I say this = because in college he was instinctual (the best QBs are). He may be dumb, but if he can do the right thing at the right moment - he has the physical skills to awe. The only way we find out if he can catch up with the pace of the pro football - is by playing him. Obviously - if Lynch works out - that removes a very large need in the draft. Don't forget Chad Kelly - you can just see Kelly lifting his team on the field in the highlights - he has the field general demeanor. He also has the skills (if his body doesn't break).

The Oline - The Broncos haven't really recovered from the change in the blocking rules -cutting back on the chop block. They do have three blue chips in Leary, Bolles and Parades (that's a start if not much of a rotation). A couple of FAs and a couple of draft picks - to concentrate on a power run game - would be a perfect compliment for Lynch. The Broncos need to decide - do they want to use a FB or not.

CJ Anderson - J. Charles - Booker. I think Booker is the keeper here.

Jake Butt - it says something for this season that Jake Butt not playing in it was a bright spot.

Oh yeah , lets' sign a All Pro LG to $36MM and move him to RG because our drafted RG is not comfortable.
Why not leave Leary at his natural position and find someone to play RG. Never understood why a team or coach would weaken a position. You do not need to be smart to work in the NFL thats for sure.

Let's not forget Demarcus Walker and never giving the kid a chance this year to contribute.

To piggyback on the draft. I'd give up a #1 next year and #2 this year if I thought the QB for Denver was within range.

Last edited:

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't it kubiak who tried to pry Keenum from LA last year or was that 2015?
Minny has two QBs next year in bridgewatrr and keenum. Both will went to start somewhere

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike McCoy will have multiple job offers this year and next