• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Riley = Bill Snyder

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Bill Snyder's 21 seasons at Kansas State, he is 4-32 against top 10 teams.

In Mike Riley's 14 seasons at Oregon State, he is 5-20 against top 10 teams.

Mike Riley is our Bill Snyder. It's too bad he's been in an impossible situation at Oregon State. Now he gets his chance to explode onto the scene at the age 61.

Exciting stuff here!!!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly it really is, even though some folks relate his record at OSU being equal in some fucked up transitive equation to be same as if he were at NU, it isn't, show me the work on your extrapolation then we can talk otherwise jog on

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
KSU was considered to be the worst team in college football and Snyder not only brought them out of the abyss, he had them shining. Riley and Snyder can't be compared. After Riley coached his team to wins against a top ten team, they usually fell flat afterwards for a couple of games, unlike KSU under Snyder who kept his teams on an even keel. We'll know for sure in one to three years if Riley was the right hire like Eichorst seems to think he is. Riley does have some pretty good talent on both sides of the ball, so there won't be any lame excuses such as he has to rebuild the team. I'm now a backer of Riley, but I also expect BIG things from him.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to sucess is to souround yourself with sucessful people synder and riley are the same. Rily and snyder both teach kids about life etc on and on 'riley is snyder snyder is riley. Great hire and kick the big 10 ass most of us from emaw country love this hire

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KSU was considered to be the worst team in college football and Snyder not only brought them out of the abyss, he had them shining. Riley and Snyder can't be compared. After Riley coached his team to wins against a top ten team, they usually fell flat afterwards for a couple of games, unlike KSU under Snyder who kept his teams on an even keel. We'll know for sure in one to three years if Riley was the right hire like Eichorst seems to think he is. Riley does have some pretty good talent on both sides of the ball, so there won't be any lame excuses such as he has to rebuild the team. I'm now a backer of Riley, but I also expect BIG things from him.

I see how you back him. Do me a favor and never back me in anything.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I was not a Boliever. After Iowa 2013 I knew there was no way that guy would ever make Nebraska anything more than a laughing stock.
But you sir got your panties in a wad and have been literally throwing a temper tantrum for two days because you did not get your guy. Yeah you're a Riley backer alright. A knife in the backer.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll cut him a little slack in year one as he learns his team and the conference and the players learn his system. Still, there's enough talent here to win the conference with the right coaching.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apples and oranges really.

I always though Snyder was pretty fortunate to have one of the best JC conferences in the country at his disposal. Competes with Kansas for instate and KC recruits.

Riley competed with Nike$. You have California next door but Most of that talent is south of the bay area.

I'm not saying Snyder didn't do a great job, I'm just saying he had a few advantages that Riley didn't.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'll cut him a little slack in year one as he learns his team and the conference and the players learn his system. Still, there's enough talent here to win the conference with the right coaching.

I agree with you about him having some time to get acclimated his first year, but since Pelini with only one game of head coaching experience, won 9 games his first year with a broken ship thanks to the former coach, I expect at least a 9 win season from a guy who has had many years of head coaching experience, especially considering Pelini left Nebraska in good shape.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Date Opponent Site Result AP Rank Att.
NU/Opp
09/05 Brigham Young Lincoln /
09/12 South Alabama Lincoln /
09/19 Miami (Fla.) Miami /
09/26 Southern Miss Lincoln /
10/03 #Illinois Champaign /
10/10 #Wisconsin Lincoln /
10/17 #Minnesota Minneapolis /
10/24 #Northwestern Lincoln /
10/31 #Purdue W. Lafayette /
11/07 #Michigan State Lincoln /
11/14 #Rutgers Piscataway /
11/27 #Iowa Lincoln /

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh I was not a Boliever. After Iowa 2013 I knew there was no way that guy would ever make Nebraska anything more than a laughing stock.
But you sir got your panties in a wad and have been literally throwing a temper tantrum for two days because you did not get your guy. Yeah you're a Riley backer alright. A knife in the backer.

Hey listen bonehead, I told you I don't wear women's attire. Also, the true definition of a laughing stock is of a team that had a coach who had 9 win seasons and you replace him with a very high risk coach that ends up having some really bad seasons, and some losing seasons. I'll say it one more time, I'm glad Bo is gone, but if a slam dunk couldn't be had, it's just asinine to throw just anyone at the helm of a storied program such as Nebraska. I sure hope I'm wrong though.

You go ahead and back Riley your way, and I'll back him with some REAL expectations.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Miami will be good next year. That RB will be back, right?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:bump:

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's an insult to compare Riley to Snyder. Snyder is ten times the coach that Riley is.