• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Pettine: Russell Wilson is not a top tier QB

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I strain myself. makes no sense. Keep posting garbage I guess. Im not being sarcastic when I say good luck. I love playoff football even when my team isn't in it. I want to see good games.

Don't overthink it Purguy. And thanks for the 'luck.' Thank you for the yucks a few times this season, when you weren't being so magnanimous with the sportsmanship.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but means nothing going into the playoffs.

What you mean is that it MIGHT mean nothing. And you MAY be right about that. But then again, it MAY actually mean something important, putting the seeds of doubt in a group of guys who were really confident that they had Seattle's number.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you mean is that it MIGHT mean nothing. And you MAY be right about that. But then again, it MAY actually mean something important, putting the seeds of doubt in a group of guys who were really confident that they had Seattle's number.
All teams going into the playoffs have confidence. they made the dance after a long season. I just don't see this winning the last game of the season does anything. Both teams were headed to the playoffs knowing a Loss isn't the end of the world. Thats like saying Arizona has no shot because they lost the last game. They already moved on from that game.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams going into the playoffs have confidence.

You're really a stream of consciousness guy aren't you? You just type, and think about what you posted after you hit 'post reply.'

Does Green Bay have a shvt ton of confidence right now?

If Seattle had gotten their doors blown off today by Arizona, it wouldn't have effected their confidence?

C'mon now.

Teams can win despite momentum, I've already acknowledged that in my previous post.

But you don't KNOW that today's win had no effect on the team's confidence.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're really a stream of consciousness guy aren't you? You just type, and think about what you posted after you hit 'post reply.'

Does Green Bay have a shvt ton of confidence right now?

If Seattle had gotten their doors blown off today by Arizona, it wouldn't have effected their confidence?

C'mon now.

Teams can win despite momentum, I've already acknowledged that in my previous post.

But you don't KNOW that today's win had no effect on the team's confidence.
A team losing a Big time player might lose confidence but other wise no. They made it. They have shown they can win games. All teams believe they can be the one to win it when they make the playoffs. That is why we see wild card teams winning it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A team losing a Big time player might lose confidence but other wise no. They made it. They have shown they can win games. All teams believe they can be the one to win it when they make the playoffs. That is why we see wild card teams winning it.

Agree to disagree. If you talk to athletes themselves, the mental part of the game (confidence) is huge. They can SAY they're always confident. But that's often a load of bullshvt. What are they going to say? 'Oh, shvt, we're probably screwed.'

No, they utter all the usual cliches about how you only have to get to the playoffs, and anything can happen. Etc, etc. etc. And sometimes that can even be true. But athletes would rather go in with momentum.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree to disagree. If you talk to athletes themselves, the mental part of the game (confidence) is huge. They can SAY they're always confident. But that's often a load of bullshvt. What are they going to say? 'Oh, shvt, we're probably screwed.'

No, they utter all the usual cliches about how you only have to get to the playoffs, and anything can happen. Etc, etc. etc. And sometimes that can even be true. But athletes would rather go in with momentum.
you know what they say when you assume…… JK I guess we agree to disagree. I played college baseball and every game I went into I always thought we had a chance. That is a mentality an athlete needs to have or u will lose. Is it nice to win yes but its not like Seattle just won 7 or 8 in a row. They just lost to a bad Rams team. I guess we agree to disagree and that is ok. Again good luck.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know what they say when you assume…… JK I guess we agree to disagree. I played college baseball and every game I went into I always thought we had a chance. That is a mentality an athlete needs to have or u will lose. Is it nice to win yes but its not like Seattle just won 7 or 8 in a row. They just lost to a bad Rams team. I guess we agree to disagree and that is ok. Again good luck.

Yep agree to disagree. That's why teams spend all the money on the mental side of the game.

If players all just believed innately in their ability to win no matter the circumstances, then they wouldn't have to spend a dime. And c'mon now. If you truly played a sport at a high level, you either knew team-mates or opponents who were psyched the fvck out.

The win/lose deal is a zero sum game. For every winner there is a loser.

Does that mean that every guy on the winning squad believed, and every guy on the losing squad didn't?

Bullshvt.

In fact, having a leader among the players and/or coaches who can move the needle on confidence is essential. Because there's always a group of players who just aren't confident at all.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All teams going into the playoffs have confidence. they made the dance after a long season. I just don't see this winning the last game of the season does anything. Both teams were headed to the playoffs knowing a Loss isn't the end of the world. Thats like saying Arizona has no shot because they lost the last game. They already moved on from that game.

Exactly. Arians made a comment that the guys had started to believe the press clippings and thought they could just go through the motions. That's sure how it looked. Practices were bad and lazy. Sad they needed such an unnecessary reality check, but probably best it happened this week rather than the next.

This team won't be lacking in confidence.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you an example from your Bulls history.

The '96 championship was won by Dennis Rodman. He made the Sonics (Jordan was ailing and wasn't Superman in that series by his standards) his bitch. He mentally dominated them. Psyched them out. Had th
Exactly. Arians made a comment that the guys had started to believe the press clippings and thought they could just go through the motions. That's sure how it looked. Practices were bad and lazy. Sad they needed such an unnecessary reality check, but probably best it happened this week rather than the next.

But you can't have it both ways. If confidence can't be swayed, then they didn't need a 'reality check' either.

Pick one.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I really hate that this program saves your posts you don't bother sending and automatically puts them at the top of the next one you compose. And then won't let you edit that shvt.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you an example from your Bulls history.

The '96 championship was won by Dennis Rodman. He made the Sonics (Jordan was ailing and wasn't Superman in that series by his standards) his bitch. He mentally dominated them. Psyched them out. Had th

But you can't have it both ways. If confidence can't be swayed, then they didn't need a 'reality check' either.

Pick one.

Never said it couldn't be swayed. I hope it was today since there was clearly too much of it. But I doubt it results in a 13-3 division champion mentally falling apart after this.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said it couldn't be swayed. I hope it was today since there was clearly too much of it. But I doubt it results in a 13-3 division champion mentally falling apart after this.

And I wouldn't disagree. The Cards are still the team I'm most worried about in the NFC, but I'm MUCH more optimistic about Seattle's chances after today. Even if the Cards don't crumble, it still plants a seed that Seattle can go on the road in AZ and win.

If the Cards had won by 30 today, I'd be legitimately thinking 'Okay, marks for overcoming the adversity this year and making the playoffs, but maybe it's time to start thinking O-line draft and prepping for next year.'

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take it easy on purguy. Clearly his team is in major crisis yet again. About to go through yet another HC search and the reality that their run is not only over, but long since dead and buried with little hope of seeing the light of day again in this decade. He's really got nothing left but insulting others.

They move the Carolina game back to the 1pm start so that Zona wouldn't know their fate before kick off. This poor downtrodden fan can spew the final results, but clearly didn't actually watch/listen to it or he would have know it was at the same time as the Seahawks game. Zona had all of their starters in and very much had something to play for... until Cam went off and Wilson destroyed them Wasn't anything left at half time so they threw in the towel. Both sides did little in that second half.

Don't confuse him with facts though. His hate is all he has to hold onto. Don't take that away from him too.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I wouldn't disagree. The Cards are still the team I'm most worried about in the NFC, but I'm MUCH more optimistic about Seattle's chances after today. Even if the Cards don't crumble, it still plants a seed that Seattle can go on the road in AZ and win.

If the Cards had won by 30 today, I'd be legitimately thinking 'Okay, marks for overcoming the adversity this year and making the playoffs, but maybe it's time to start thinking O-line draft and prepping for next year.'

I never doubted Seattle could come into AZ and win. The Cardinals apparently did judging by their "effort" and got a much-needed reminder. I told my friend to put $ on Seattle +7 and he thanked me later, so if you think I don't get that Seattle is good...well, that's just not true.

In a ten game series, I think the Cards win more games than almost every other team...but these are sudden death elimination games. No series.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep agree to disagree. That's why teams spend all the money on the mental side of the game.

If players all just believed innately in their ability to win no matter the circumstances, then they wouldn't have to spend a dime. And c'mon now. If you truly played a sport at a high level, you either knew team-mates or opponents who were psyched the fvck out.

The win/lose deal is a zero sum game. For every winner there is a loser.

Does that mean that every guy on the winning squad believed, and every guy on the losing squad didn't?

Bullshvt.

In fact, having a leader among the players and/or coaches who can move the needle on confidence is essential. Because there's always a group of players who just aren't confident at all.
Dont get me wrong yes I have seen players get scared are psyched out and they usually end up losing. These are professional athletes. Its different. They got to where they are from believing and working hard.

Im just saying its playoff football now. All teams in it feel they can win. Seattle winning the last game or Arizona losing the last game means crap especially when both teams were in the playoffs no matter what. Overall it was a pointless game. I understand a hot team going into the playoffs but like I said Seattle just lost to a bad Rams team.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, This was in a way a pointless game for Arizona. Why show Seattle or any other team anything new. Arizona was in and they knew they would be a #2 seed with a very low chance of being the #1 seed. Seattle gets Minn and GB gets Wash.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont get me wrong yes I have seen players get scared are psyched out and they usually end up losing. These are professional athletes. Its different. They got to where they are from believing and working hard.

Im just saying its playoff football now. All teams in it feel they can win. Seattle winning the last game or Arizona losing the last game means crap especially when both teams were in the playoffs no matter what. Overall it was a pointless game. I understand a hot team going into the playoffs but like I said Seattle just lost to a bad Rams team.

The Rams are underrated. They are a lot tougher than they get credit for. They beat Seattle twice, and no matter what you personally think of the Seahawks they are a top ranked team. The Rams also beat the 2nd seeded Arizona Cardinals this year. Maybe it's just an NFC west thing with them because they always seem to play their best ball against NFCW teams.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams are underrated. They are a lot tougher than they get credit for. They beat Seattle twice, and no matter what you personally think of the Seahawks they are a top ranked team. The Rams also beat the 2nd seeded Arizona Cardinals this year. Maybe it's just an NFC west thing with them because they always seem to play their best ball against NFCW teams.
I disagree the Rams are underrated. They just have a serious matchup advantage against Seattle (interior DL vs interior OL) that allows them to play better against us than pretty much anyone else and neutralizes a lot of what we can do on offense that doesn't happen when we are playing virtually any other opponent. But before a week ago, the Rams hadn't won in Seattle since 2004. They've also had losing season after losing season. They are just able to play better against Seattle than what their overall talent level indicates they should. Matchups.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In division games are always tougher but still the Rams were not that good. My 49ers even beat them a week after they beat you guys. My team sucks. At least we fired Tomsula. Thank god. Thats already 1 step headed in the right direction.