• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Gundy is a little man bitch

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were fired. And Gundy would have also, after 5 years at any blue-blood. They don't give a guy 13 years.

5 years in he was improving every year. A similar pattern of growth at a blue blood would have resulted in natties. We have our limitations and that is what it is. At some place with unlimited resources who knows.

Times have changed though. Osborne got 20 years to take it down. In today's environment he might not have been given the luxury of time. Course for you guys things have changed as well. Back in the day you were elite. Now with your recruiting limitations and lack of partial qualifiers maybe 8-4 with the occasional CCG appearance is your ceiling. Sure as hell beats 5-7 and getting to a bowl because literally no one else is qualified

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 years in he was improving every year. A similar pattern of growth at a blue blood would have resulted in natties. We have our limitations and that is what it is. At some place with unlimited resources who knows.

Times have changed though. Osborne got 20 years to take it down. In today's environment he might not have been given the luxury of time. Course for you guys things have changed as well. Back in the day you were elite. Now with your recruiting limitations and lack of partial qualifiers maybe 8-4 with the occasional CCG appearance is your ceiling. Sure as hell beats 5-7 and getting to a bowl because literally no one else is qualified

LOL, you idiot. Bo pleeny had 7 years. Never won less than 9 and reached 10 wins 3 times.
Gundy had (8-5) and (7-6) win seasons in that same span. Did you miss the part where pleeny beat Gundy is stoolwater?

pleeny >>>>> Gundy and pleeny's coaching FCS. Wrap your head around that.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gundy loses to Oklahoma most of the time.
Gundy could go to Tennessee and lose to Alabama most of the time.

Difference is that Tennessee would fire his ass after 3 years.

Of course the fan base (2) on here are defending him. But the talking heads on the local sports radio shows who are OSU homers are calling out Gundy on this bullshit, and rightfully so. It's weak.

Oklahoma State fans got what they wanted
Oklahoma fans got what they wanted.

Gundy is staying and that's what is important for both fan bases, because one fan base deals in dreams and next year and one fan base deals in reality. Gundy is 2-11 vs Oklahoma.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our conference is weak sauce when it comes to firing mediocrity
You can coast on by with mediocre records forever unless you are Texas/Oklahoma.

Mack Brown was sent packing for having the gall to go (9-4) and (8-5) his last 2 years.
Tom Herman will be fucking fired if he is no better than (7-5) next year.

Everyone besides OU/UT else can routinely have 3,4,5,6 losses.....and honestly not give a fuck.

That shit would not fly in the SEC.
The Big 12 will never be more than a punchline league until that changes.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a school so obsessed with their little brother as Oklahoma. What gives with that? It doesn't even seem like a competitive rivalry.
harveyupdyke.jpg

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okie State should calm down. They will always be 2nd fiddle to OU

Gundy should have left, so he could finally not be the red headed step child.
Yes, being the orange headed step child would have been far better.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our conference is weak sauce when it comes to firing mediocrity
You can coast on by with mediocre records forever unless you are Texas/Oklahoma.

Mack Brown was sent packing for having the gall to go (9-4) and (8-5) his last 2 years.
Tom Herman will be fucking fired if he is no better than (7-5) next year.

Everyone besides OU/UT else can routinely have 3,4,5,6 losses.....and honestly not give a fuck.

That shit would not fly in the SEC.
The Big 12 will never be more than a punchline league until that changes.

POTD

Oklahoma and Texas in the Big XII are like two pretty girls being in a class full of fat chicks.......although Texas could stand to lose a few pounds right now.

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's just another Mike Leach/Chip Kelley. He is good at putting together one dimensional teams that can't make the next step. He will never do more at OkieSt, but also would never do anything at Tennessee.

He's a joke, a bit. Nothing more.
Dont you dare start talking shit about mike Leech

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Tennessee" is the answer to the Gundy debate.

Tennessee is in dire need of a coach. A good one.
Why was Gundy so far down on their list?

It's not like he was their second or third call. He was way down on the list. He's above Weis
and Willingham, but that's about it.

Now he's done a good job, by Okla St standards. BUT, OSU fans may need to examine their
expectations for the next step. He has churned out a bunch of decent records. He's the
reason that Okie St doesn't have an overall losing record anymore.

But the question should be...why haven't more teams come calling over the years for his
services? I understand the OSU fans will defend him. I understand the OU fans will
ridicule him. All of that goes with the rivalry thingy. Neither can really be objective about
him. Thus, y'all need to look to the outside where other schools are objective and wonder
why they don't flock to him yearly, wanting his services. And I'm not talking about the fans
of other schools but the AD's at other schools.

Why haven't they called more often? Why was he so far down on the list at UT? What do they
believe about him?

Those are the questions that need to be answered

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why haven't they called more often? Why was he so far down on the list at UT? What do they
believe about him?

Those are the questions that need to be answered

The being down so far on the UT list I'm not sure, but they offered $7mil/yr so it's not like they were just kicking tires.

Honestly people make runs at him most years. Most don't make it into the media. As I mentioned earlier in the thread Florda was pursuing but they know how to handle a coach search so if it weren't for Pat Jones blabbing no one would have known. I heard he was sick of Holders bullshit and was going to take the Arky job a few years ago but his wife talked him out of it so they went with Bielema.

Hell, if the Tennessee thing hadn't turned into a farce you guys might have been calling in a day or two.

Take away the dumb stuff and it's a coach that turned a low level P5 school into a perennial top 25 program. Coaches who do that tend to get offers at blue blood programs. Miles did far less and his first top level offer he was out. The difference here is the guy is an alum who until he started coaching was the best quarterback ever to suit up at the school. His wife is from here and his kids go to school here. People laugh about the Harbaugh contract for life, but Gundy has an auto annual extension so his contract doesn't expire until he decides it needs to.

If I'm being honest about it, with the money thrown I wouldn't have been upset. Miles did what he had to do but he kinda fucked us. Gundy has probably reached his limit here so if he had 42 million reasons to say Rocky Top hey thanks for the memories. If the rumors about Chad Morris being buddies with Boone are true I would have loved to see what he could do here. I think his ties to Texas could have taken our recruiting beyond what Gundy did and he is a more brilliant offensive mind. He would be the guy Id pick to get us over the hump with OU. If we fucked up and got Fedora or Meacham I would have been disappointed but looking forward to a new chapter. If we ended up with anyone else then I'm guessing 6-6 Texas Bowl type seasons would be something to look forward to.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
POTD

Oklahoma and Texas in the Big XII are like two pretty girls being in a class full of fat chicks.......although Texas could stand to lose a few pounds right now.
...and quit giving everyone chlamydia.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ all the Gundy hate

He'll have that team in the playoffs within 3 years, fo sho.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp
Gundy squeezed another $675 Thousand Dollars out of Oklahoma State so now his salary is an even $5 million per year.

I mean, who didn't see that coming.
Oklahoma State is run by some dumb mother fuckers to have given in to such an absurd act.

Should have just told him that if Tennessee is what he want's, then it's been nice having you as a coach and sent him on his way.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol @ all the Gundy hate

He'll have that team in the playoffs within 3 years, fo sho.

This was the best team that school will ever have, book it.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Mike Gundy is doing today.
Does he actually watch all the CCG games?
At least he can smile about that big raise he got.