• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike Cammalleri

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should the lightning trade for mike cammalleri and what would the trade cost be to get him ? I know danny brought up this name! With Stamkos (cap hit: $7.5 million) out for months, and Cammalleri in the final year of his contract (cap hit: $6 million), the math supports such a proposed deal. Once Lightning GMSteve Yzerman gets a concrete sense of when to expect Stamkos back, another transaction can be made to accommodate the financial figures, closer to the trade deadline. From a fantasy perspective, the idea of Cammalleri skating on a line with Martin St. Louis should have his owners salivating. And the 31-year-old winger is already enjoying a hot start to the campaign.

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally I like the idea of trading for Cammalleri. He can play both C and LW, he's got good speed and a very good shot, he can score goals. I think he's a better player than what he's number's show, don't forget the Flames are rebuilding and the talent here in Tampa is way better than what he's been playing with in Calgary. I think it makes sense because I think he improves your offense both now and going forward. Even when Stamkos was playing our secondary scoring was a bit lacklustre. When Stammer returns you could have Cammalleri-Val-Purcell as your 2nd line, that's pretty decent. Ryan Dixon of SportsNet suggested three player who could help the Lightning fill the Stamkos void: Mike Cammalleri, Marian Gaborik or David Desharnais. My choices would be 1. Cammalleri 2.Gaborik 3.Desharnais

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on the last year of his contract plus he's got a NTC, so I imagine you could probably get him without giving much at all. At the very most a 1st round draft pick.

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's on the last year of his contract plus he's got a NTC, so I imagine you could probably get him without giving much at all. At the very most a 1st round draft pick.
I think danny said this I think we should trade Lindback to the flames with maybe a 4th round pick for Joey MacDonald and Mike Cammalleri. Macdonald is a proven good nhl back up he would do good behind Ben Bishop. While Lindback gets a change and a chance to start for the flames to see if he can be there guy. The book is is done Ben Bishop is going to be are guy going forward the lightning have found there goalie. Andrey Vasilevskiy is going to be are AHL starting goalie next season anyway next season. Or you do lindback and a fourth rounder for cammalleri and sign garon to a one year contract

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything is possible in sports, here in the usa but this article says different.
Tampa Bay Lightning GM Steve Yzerman said team will look within to fill Steven Stamkos loss - NHL.com - News

Article includes this:
General manager Steve Yzerman said the Lightning likely will look at internal options to replace as much of Stamkos’ scoring as possible.

And goes on to say:
"We're not going to be able to replace him from outside the organization," Yzerman told NHL.com on Tuesday morning before the General Managers' meeting. "We'll obviously look at options, but initially we'll recall a forward from Syracuse [American Hockey League] and go from there."

I am still against the idea of trading Lindback. I think Doobee had stated once before that it's great to have tandem net-minders, a lot of teams are doing that now. Maybe they are not tandem but Lindback is an excellent back up net-minder that we should feel confident about his play! If we get rid of him, who do we have in case Bishop goes down or gets into a slump? I can tell you the answer: Right now, we have absolutely no one of talent. We will in a couple to few years down the road but right now, goose egg!

Last edited by a moderator:

dannyb24195

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yzerman will assess the situation about 6 to 9 games played without Stamkos, we've played 1 and looked decent. We play a tough Ducks team tonight, then we head out west which is a difficult trip for any team and they we finish of that spell playing a couple of underachieving teams in the Rangers and the Flyers and then finish it off against a tough Pens team whose beaten us this year. After those games I think Yzerman should have a good indication of what the plan is, stick internal or look for external help.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think danny said this I think we should trade Lindback to the flames with maybe a 4th round pick for Joey MacDonald and Mike Cammalleri. Macdonald is a proven good nhl back up he would do good behind Ben Bishop. While Lindback gets a change and a chance to start for the flames to see if he can be there guy. The book is is done Ben Bishop is going to be are guy going forward the lightning have found there goalie. Andrey Vasilevskiy is going to be are AHL starting goalie next season anyway next season. Or you do lindback and a fourth rounder for cammalleri and sign garon to a one year contract

Yeah, I like Joey MacDonald as well, would be a good pickup.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Yzerman will assess the situation about 6 to 9 games played without Stamkos, we've played 1 and looked decent. We play a tough Ducks team tonight, then we head out west which is a difficult trip for any team and they we finish of that spell playing a couple of underachieving teams in the Rangers and the Flyers and then finish it off against a tough Pens team whose beaten us this year. After those games I think Yzerman should have a good indication of what the plan is, stick internal or look for external help.

Don't underestimate the Flyers, they are streaking right now. Hopefully they will cool off by the time we meet up with them!

Todd1a

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They should have a better timetable for stamkos in a few weeks when he starts to rehab. If they think he could come back in March or April? Depending if we are still in a playoff race.

I_Shall_Return

The Umpire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pfft! Who needs Mike! No offense Mike, it really looks like we just don't need ya!