• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mid-Majors With a Realistic Shot at the 4 Team Play-off for 2014

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red Alert, September 20th won't go away.

You quoted a post from Sept 14th.

I'd updated the standings today.

Northern Illinois lost and thus were eliminated, the records of the teams that survived were updated, and a (W) was added to BYU.

You need to pay attention in between your diaper changes.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted a post from Sept 14th.

I'd updated the standings today.

Northern Illinois lost and thus were eliminated, the records of the teams that survived were updated, and a (W) was added to BYU.

You need to pay attention in between your diaper changes.

I did notice it. I was aware that Northern Illinois lost. Watched part of the game in a restaurant. My answer reflected the current results. Northern Illinois was never mentioned. Hello, anyone home?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice it. I was aware that Northern Illinois lost. Watched part of the game in a restaurant. My answer reflected the current results. Northern Illinois was never mentioned. Hello, anyone home?

You responded to a post from a week ago, not the updated one posted today. There is no getting around that.

Alas it is no surprise you can't own up to the fact that you're a massively senile fuck-up.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You responded to a post from a week ago, not the updated one posted today. There is no getting around that.

Alas it is no surprise you can't own up to the fact that you're a massively senile fuck-up.

I'm well aware I responded to a post from a week ago because everything except Northern Illinois was still viable.

There is also no getting around the fact that if you are dumb enough to think you are going to run me off by attacking every single thing I post, then you're a loser with nothing going for you in life.

Also if you think it has to be an undefeated team making one of the New Years 6 bowls, you better read the rules again.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm well aware I responded to a post from a week ago because everything except Northern Illinois was still viable.

There is also no getting around the fact that if you are dumb enough to think you are going to run me off by attacking every single thing I post, then you're a loser with nothing going for you in life.

Also if you think it has to be an undefeated team making one of the New Years 6 bowls, you better read the rules again.

I doubt I've responded to 1/1000's of your posts. To even play that card says how miserable you are in your own skin.

The thread title is about The Play-Off, not the bowls. If you stop posting stupid shit, I'll stop viewing you as a massively senile fuck-up.

Deal?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt I've responded to 1/1000's of your posts. To even play that card says how miserable you are in your own skin.

The thread title is about The Play-Off, not the bowls. If you stop posting stupid shit, I'll stop viewing you as a massively senile fuck-up.

Deal?

Another worthless post. When are you going to figure out that none of the mid-majors are going to make it to the playoff? Even if one of them runs the table it's not going to happen. Deal with it man. It's been pointed out to you multiple times by other posters that this is not going to happen.

The 1 spot for the New Year 6 bowls is all you have going. At the moment it's down to BYU, East Carolina, Cincinnati and Marshall. That's what you have to work with.

Now, if you want to talk football with out all the insults, I'm in. Otherwise, just go to a bar and talk to the drunks.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another worthless post. When are you going to figure out that none of the mid-majors are going to make it to the playoff? Even if one of them runs the table it's not going to happen. Deal with it man. It's been pointed out to you multiple times by other posters that this is not going to happen.

The 1 spot for the New Year 6 bowls is all you have going. At the moment it's down to BYU, East Carolina, Cincinnati and Marshall. That's what you have to work with.

Now, if you want to talk football with out all the insults, I'm in. Otherwise, just go to a bar and talk to the drunks.

If you want to talk about mid-majors playing in regular bowl games, start your own thread. That's not what this thread is for. What is so difficult about that?

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to talk about mid-majors playing in regular bowl games, start your own thread. That's not what this thread is for. What is so difficult about that?

Ok, fair enough. Just one honest question. Do you seriously believe that one of the remaining teams, BYU, Marshall, or Cincinnati, has a realistic chance to make the playoffs?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, fair enough. Just one honest question. Do you seriously believe that one of the remaining teams, BYU, Marshall, or Cincinnati, has a realistic chance to make the playoffs?

I've already addressed it more than once. After 48 posts of yours in this thread, kindly go away you crusty senile pest.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I buhlieve in BYU.

Marshall doesn't stand a chance.

BYU or Cincinnati would need at least one P-5 (champ) + ND to have 2 losses. They'll also need to win their other mid-major games convincingly.

olympicoscar

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've already addressed it more than once. After 48 posts of yours in this thread, kindly go fuck yourself in the ass with a giant floppy dildo you crusty senile pest.

Obviously that's one that you don't want to answer, because to do so would should the idiocy of this thread in the first place. Have a nice day.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remaining

Independents

BYU (4-0) - @ Texas (W), Virginia (W), @ California (Nov 29th)

Conference USA (CUSA)

Marshall (4-0) - Play NO Majors

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remaining

Conference USA (CUSA)

Marshall (5-0) - Play NO Majors[/QUOTE]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BYU squandered what is looking to have been a great opportunity for a mid-major to crack the 1st play-off.

Marshall's chances are slim to none not playing even one P-5.

Based on that, I'll stop updating this thread and create a new one next season.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Don't stop it. Marshall can still get in if there is enough 2 losses teams.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't stop it. Marshall can still get in if there is enough 2 losses teams.

Man, I don't know.

I think it'll take them going up against a pool of 3 loss teams for the 4th spot. JMO

They're beating teams like they should, but I think they'd need At Least one win over a mid-range (7-5 type) P-5.

BYU had that and would quite possibly been going up against a 2 loss P-5 for that 4th spot.

dennis580

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Man, I don't know.

I think it'll take them going up against a pool of 3 loss teams for the 4th spot. JMO

They're beating teams like they should, but I think they'd need At Least one win over a mid-range (7-5 type) P-5.

BYU had that and would quite possibly been going up against a 2 loss P-5 for that 4th spot.

They do need to absolutely dominate the rest of there games. If there is enough 2 losses teams the committee will feel real pressure to put them if they dominate.