• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State turning into the new Baylor?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's a joke? It's the response to things that make something well disciplined or not. There is not some magic aura that somehow takes over a team and they are suddenly "well disciplined thus never fuck up".

I open your link, I see in the first sentence of the article:

"A fourth Michigan State player is suspended".

Do you think people in the military are "well disciplined"? And yet, these same things happen to people in the military on a daily basis. But they are well disciplined because there are always consequences for those actions.

The notion that anything that is well disciplined never fucks up is absurd.

Read your first response, genius.

I'm happy you decided to use google and look up the definition of disciplined though. :pound:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Military folks are obviously disciplined at their work. As humans, some of the most untamed animals on the planet. Not sure it's fair to compare our military to some uninspired football team led by an inadequate feeling HC who has given up trying to win the state over.

No Harbaugh train, no quit in D'antonio.

I find the military and what I see in college football to be extremely similar. Same age group, type of structure, etc.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read your first response, genius.

I'm happy you decided to use google and look up the definition of disciplined though. :pound:

You're an idiot.

And I'm guessing you don't think the military is well disciplined since people in the military also have these kinds of troubles.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find the military and what I see in college football to be extremely similar. Same age group, type of structure, etc.

I kind of see what you're getting at. Are you saying MSU can't learn or benefit from this with a more disciplined HC, or that the level of discipline among the program is irrelevant when it comes to sex driven crimes, because you're gonna get them no matter what in large groups of high testosterone filled young men?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot.

And I'm guessing you don't think the military is well disciplined since people in the military also have these kinds of troubles.

It is humorous that you are changing your thoughts so much from your initial post. The least you could do is say thank you for teaching you a new word.

B_dub

Hoopla Cash
$ 547.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll do it.

Thank Gog we finally have some offseason fodder that IS NOT dealing with drunk OU quarterbacks
Hey. We still got 2 other QB's on scholly besides those 2. Give them time.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey. We still got 2 other QB's on scholly besides those 2. Give them time.
We can snag one of them and make a good drunk out of him. The last one we got from y'all was too Jesus-y for the booze. But we are famous for drunken quarterbacks...

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't covering it up, so no.

And the coach can't be on these guys at all times. It's on the person, not the coach.
This. While the acts are dispicable, the way the institution deals with them when they are made aware of them is the key. Baylor is the poster child in how NOT to deal with them when they arise. The only thing they did correct was to fire the big three (HC, AD and Pres) ...and that was way after the fact.

I don't see any similarities in the institutional responses between Baylor and Sparty.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is humorous that you are changing your thoughts so much from your initial post. The least you could do is say thank you for teaching you a new word.

My thoughts haven't changed at all. You're an idiot and now you are just trying to ignore the point.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kind of see what you're getting at. Are you saying MSU can't learn or benefit from this with a more disciplined HC, or that the level of discipline among the program is irrelevant when it comes to sex driven crimes, because you're gonna get them no matter what in large groups of high testosterone filled young men?

I have a hard time believing that any sort of discipline or lack of discipline among a head coach has any bearing on if a kid sexual assaults someone.

It's not like the kid was like "Oh I was late for class and nothing happened, I think I'm gonna go r*pe someone".

Nor has any kid been like "I think I'm gonna r*pe this woman, but you know, I got in trouble for being late to class, I better not".

I saw first hand in the army how a leader can make a difference. I watched a company go to shit after changing 1st sgt's. So there is some things where it matters - like I bet a kid punished for being late for class is less likely to be late again. But there is a limit to that shit and a point where it's just on the kids for their own personal choices.

TLDR: Some people are just fucked up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts haven't changed at all. You're an idiot and now you are just trying to ignore the point.

No. You are the idiot who didn't know the difference between discipline and disciplined. Then tried to call me out, only to I'm sure, look up the definition of disciplined and realize how foolish you looked -- it was too late though to edit your post, so you changed the 'point' you were trying to make.

And FYI -- there is a SLIGHT difference in the military (with 1.5 million active members -- estimate) and a college football team with roughly 110 players.

When you have 110 and you have one of your players arrested for spitting in a cop's face, your best returning defensive player leaving the school for calling a teammate a 'n****r', a coach suspended indefinitely during a sexual assault case, 3 more being investigated for r*pe and another one today being investigated for a sexual assault. And 15 players were 'red locked' for the spring game so they didn't dress.

It is shocking, because Dantonio and MSU are viewed as a highly disciplined team around here, who follow their coaches lead and rarely are in the headlines for getting in trouble. Over the last 6 months, it has been an absolute train wreck for them.

PS. I'm still waiting for a thank you for teaching you a new word

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be nice if Michigan State players would stop r@ping.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You are the idiot who didn't know the difference between discipline and disciplined. Then tried to call me out, only to I'm sure, look up the definition of disciplined and realize how foolish you looked -- it was too late though to edit your post, so you changed the 'point' you were trying to make.

And FYI -- there is a SLIGHT difference in the military (with 1.5 million active members -- estimate) and a college football team with roughly 110 players.

When you have 110 and you have one of your players arrested for spitting in a cop's face, your best returning defensive player leaving the school for calling a teammate a 'n****r', a coach suspended indefinitely during a sexual assault case, 3 more being investigated for r*pe and another one today being investigated for a sexual assault. And 15 players were 'red locked' for the spring game so they didn't dress.

It is shocking, because Dantonio and MSU are viewed as a highly disciplined team around here, who follow their coaches lead and rarely are in the headlines for getting in trouble. Over the last 6 months, it has been an absolute train wreck for them.

PS. I'm still waiting for a thank you for teaching you a new word

Ok sure. Then tell me this - why exactly do you think and/or get the notion that MSU is a "highly disciplined team". What is it in the history of MSU/Dantonio that makes you say that.

Then read my first post and suck my cock.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok sure. Then tell me this - why exactly do you think and/or get the notion that MSU is a "highly disciplined team". What is it in the history of MSU/Dantonio that makes you say that.

Then read my first post and suck my cock.

A simple thank you is all you need to say. Not your fault you didn't know the difference between discipline and disciplined -- the English language is tough. I will try to simplify my posts going forward for you. :suds:

There is no need to read your first post again. I've laughed enough from it. I will just sit back and laugh at you trying to talk your way out of that stupidity now, instead of just saying you made a mistake.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Valenti (for those who don't know: a huge sparty who does talk radio in SE Michigan) went on a huge rant yesterday about how Dantonio has lost this team and said it goes beyond just these incidents. He says that he's surrounded himself with friends and relationships that he's too afraid to burn to get things done right. Coaches who aren't doing what they need to do to keep players in line and has let the locker room become toxic. There was some kid kicked off for racist text messages last year. And apparently that's spread around the locker room. He was questioning if Dantonio could ever restore it or if they need to start fresh.

He acted as though he had talked to people inside the program. Interesting take to say the least. Dantonio is also pretty old at 61, so does he retire before all this truly unfolds?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Valenti (for those who don't know: a huge sparty who does talk radio in SE Michigan) went on a huge rant yesterday about how Dantonio has lost this team and said it goes beyond just these incidents. He says that he's surrounded himself with friends and relationships that he's too afraid to burn to get things done right. Coaches who aren't doing what they need to do to keep players in line and has let the locker room become toxic. There was some kid kicked off for racist text messages last year. And apparently that's spread around the locker room. He was questioning if Dantonio could ever restore it or if they need to start fresh.

He acted as though he had talked to people inside the program. Interesting take to say the least. Dantonio is also pretty old at 61, so does he retire before all this truly unfolds?
He also likened what happened to Tressel to what is happening to Dantonio, who worked under Tressel.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also likened what happened to Tressel to what is happening to Dantonio, who worked under Tressel.
I agree that was one of Tressels faults. He would not fire friends to improve the team.