• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michigan State is getting robbed

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2011 when despite having a weaker schedule, not winning their division or conference, and having already lost to the number 1 team, Alabama was gifted a second shot over a more qualified Oklahoma State.

sorry bro... Alabama was better than Oklahoma State. The humans thought so. The computers thought so. So Alabama got a shot.

If Oklahoma State had been as dominant as Alabama and instead of losing to a team that otherwise would not have made a bowl game had lost to the unanimous #1 in overtime, they'd have had a better case. But they didn't.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look no farther than sec bias at its finest. clear example Alabama loses they drop to 4...we wont ever know but I think had Missouri beaten auburn then voters would have thrown Alabama back in there. ohio state loses and they are 7 I believe..

but hopefully some of the sec bias is starting to dwindle away....in my opinion starting the season with so many ranked teams is just a cycle. u can lose but play a ranked team the next week that shouldn't be ranked. going forward only teams I think should be ranked in sec are Missouri, auburn, Alabama and south Carolina. maybe LSU...and some of these should be outside of top 10...Alabama losing McCarron to NFL. and depending on what happens in bowl games.

Alabama dropped from 1 to 4 for losing a true road game in the final second to a team ranked #4 (now #2).
Alabama lost 202 votes in the AP poll and 211 in the USA Today poll. They were barely ahead of #5 Missouri.

Ohio State dropped from 2 to 7 for losing a neutral site game more decisively to a team ranked #10 (now #4).
Ohio State lost 288 votes in the AP poll and 251 in the USA Today poll.

And also, Alabama has a 21 point win over LSU and a road win over Texas A&M on their resume. Ohio State's best win was by 7 over Wisconsin and has no road wins of note on their resume.

The 1 point win over a mediocre Michigan team also may have been fresh on voters minds when compounded with the loss to Michigan State. It certainly didn't help Ohio State in their cause.

Maybe the voters just ranked the teams where they thought they belonged based on all of these factors instead of just saying "OOOH, both teams lost they must fall the exact same number of positions!"

So basically, your entire argument is ridiculous. The SEC teams are punished just as much as any other conference when they lose to teams that are of equal strength. Their losses just happen to be to better teams. Sorry that your teams play bad teams. But if they played good teams, they'd just lose more games.

Where were you when Georgia and Stanford both fell the same number of spots when Georgia lost to ranked Missouri and Stanford lost to unranked Utah? Was that more SEC bias? Auburn only moved up 1 spot when they beat #1. Michigan State moved up 6 when they beat #2. OMG BIAS! (see how dumb that sounds)

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC teams play more ranked opponents because SEC teams are given better rankings... so their SOS goes up, comp rank, etc.

What don't you see about this?

Please, tell me you're smarter than this.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SEC teams play more ranked opponents because SEC teams are given better rankings... so their SOS goes up, comp rank, etc.

lol @ you thinking that at the end of the season human rankings are considered in the computer polls.

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colley's Bias Free College Football Rankings Preseason Colley Rankings. Zero bias from previous seasons. From sportswriters. From anything.

Colley's Bias Free College Football Rankings Current rankings, with only data from this season in the formula. Nothing else. What does it show?

Well, it shows 3 SEC teams ranked higher than the Big 10 champion.
It shows 6 SEC teams in the top 20 as opposed to 2 for the Big 10.
And it shows Auburn #1, with a SOS of 14, compared to #57 for Ohio State and #66 for Michigan State.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colley's Bias Free College Football Rankings Preseason Colley Rankings. Zero bias from previous seasons. From sportswriters. From anything.

Colley's Bias Free College Football Rankings Current rankings, with only data from this season in the formula. Nothing else. What does it show?

Well, it shows 3 SEC teams ranked higher than the Big 10 champion.
It shows 6 SEC teams in the top 20 as opposed to 2 for the Big 10.
And it shows Auburn #1, with a SOS of 14, compared to #57 for Ohio State and #66 for Michigan State.

It also has tOSU ahead of MSU... which completely invalidates the ranking system...

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It also has tOSU ahead of MSU... which completely invalidates the ranking system...

No, it doesn't.

It simply gives credit to Ohio State's slightly stronger SOS. Head to head is not a end-all to determine who is better. What happened in each team's second toughest game? Ohio State beat Wisconsin while Michigan State lost to Notre Dame. The computer counts that.

You can think there is some huge SEC bias all you want, but the computers don't lie. They are in strong agreement that the SEC is stronger, and that Auburn played a much better schedule than Michigan State.

The title of this thread is just laughable. I kinda think the OP was just trying to get a rise out of people. I don't think anyone actually thinks Michigan State is getting robbed by being on the outside looking in compared to Auburn.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, it doesn't.

It simply gives credit to Ohio State's slightly stronger SOS. Head to head is not a end-all to determine who is better. What happened in each team's second toughest game? Ohio State beat Wisconsin while Michigan State lost to Notre Dame. The computer counts that.

You can think there is some huge SEC bias all you want, but the computers don't lie. They are in strong agreement that the SEC is stronger, and that Auburn played a much better schedule than Michigan State.

The title of this thread is just laughable. I kinda think the OP was just trying to get a rise out of people. I don't think anyone actually thinks Michigan State is getting robbed by being on the outside looking in compared to Auburn.

I really do think Michigan State is a better football team that is more deserving of the #2 slot than Auburn. I have further stated in detail why I think that. :noidea:

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think Michigan State is a better football team that is more deserving of the #2 slot than Auburn. I have further stated in detail why I think that. :noidea:

it's laughable. auburn has played a MUCH tougher schedule. michigan state would probably have 3 losses with auburn's schedule.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's laughable. auburn has played a MUCH tougher schedule. IN MY OPINION michigan state would probably have 3 losses with auburn's schedule.

FIFY

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool. thanks.

will michigan state play more than 1 ranked team next year, or will they have a 1 game season again?

Will Auburn keep known thieves on their team? Or will they be buying more players like they have in the past?

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's laughable. auburn has played a MUCH tougher schedule. michigan state would probably have 3 losses with auburn's schedule.

Bro, you've got your opinion and I've got mine. That's the way it is.

Learn it, Love it, Live it.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool. thanks.

will michigan state play more than 1 ranked team next year, or will they have a 1 game season again?

MSU cannot control how many B1G teams tank next year or any year.

Will Auburn really BEAT Georgia next year or rely upon "magic" again?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU cannot control how many B1G teams tank next year or any year.

Will Auburn really BEAT Georgia and Bama next year or rely upon "magic" again?

FIFY

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool. thanks.

"We just beat each other up."

sakau2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"we just beat each other up" holds a lot more water when you also beat up other teams and other conference champions even.

when you just beat each other up and then also get beaten up by the UCLA's and Notre Dame's of the world, maybe your conference just isn't that great.