• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Michael Crabtree Receives a 4 year extension: 35 million/19 Guaranteed

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have Rivera and Wolford who have potential but I'm impatient and think a veteran TE in FA could help him a lot. He makes some bad decisions at times throwing INT's. I think a really good TE would help him out a lot.

I understand...you're right, a vet TE with skills can help a young TE out. ...ATL picked up Jacob Tamme this offseason and he's been more than decent....67 targets is 3rd on the team.

In terms of the draft...the crop is supposed to be pretty low again, but you can find guys...Gary Barnidge is a stud...5th rounder...I like the kid PIT got...Jesse James, started slow, but coming on of late...also a 5th rounder I think.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's had a good season, but he's always been a bit of an enigma to me. Even going back to his lengthy hold out as a rookie, it seems like money is all he cares about. I hope for Oakland's sake that he's not just happy getting paid.

I don't know. He was fucked up late in the season his last year at Texas Tech and he seriously gutted it out. I think he's an asshole but he started off on the wrong foot with SF and never recovered. If he keeps his head straight he should be ok. God knows he has the talent.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like him and Carr have something going. How many GM's are kicking themselves for not drafting a guy who obviously had it because his last name is Carr? You could see he had it at Fresno St.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. He was fucked up late in the season his last year at Texas Tech and he seriously gutted it out. I think he's an asshole but he started off on the wrong foot with SF and never recovered. If he keeps his head straight he should be ok. God knows he has the talent.

You are correct. There are very few college WRs I've seen that have been better than him. I just have been disappointed in him as a pro and now he's showing how talented that he is. Maybe it was SF and his QBs. I just would be slightly concerned about a guy who has always been looking for the big pay day.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm far from a Crabtree fan, but you don't make it 7 years in the NFL if money is ALL you care about. Contract holdouts make it seem like that, but that viewpoint is a bit narrowminded imo.

Oh you can. Mark Brunell cared very little about anything but money. DEs Joe Johnson (NO to GB) and Ray Edwards (MIN to ATL) crapped out almost immediately after signing their second deals.

Jared Allen would not even be approached for a restructuring because he almost got the sack record in a lost Vikings season.

I am just saying, for some guys it's all about the bottom line. Even Adrian Peterson was bitching about his contract after being off for a year because of what he did.

There are many guys who do what they do only for money, not because they love doing it, but that they happen to be good at it. But not many who can get half of that guaranteed to do it.

It really is worse in other sports than it is in football, but it does happen.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent move for the Raiders he's a pretty solid option for the #2 WR. The Cooper/Crabtree combo reminds me a bit of what Arizona had when they had Fitz and Boldin together. One is a big target that will win just about any jump ball thrown in his vicinity and the other is a solid possession pass catcher. Should be a good combo for the next few years and you guys actually have a young, talented QB to go with them, something the Cards never did back then.