• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AB and Rooney Agree: Time To Move On

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Steelers have yet to weigh in on the nature of the discussion between Brown and Rooney.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that the Steelers agreed to work on the potential trade but Brown and his agent Drew Rosenhaus do not have permission to speak with other teams, per a source informed of the situation.

Rapoport reported last week that the sides would meet in Florida to discuss the well-documented offseason drama with the Pro Bowl receiver.

The saga began at the end of the year when Brown was held out of the season finale after skipping workouts and team meetings.

Since the season ended, Brown has made it his mission to force his way out of Pittsburgh, utilizing a vast array of social media tools at his disposal. Over the weekend, Brown took digs at both Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and coach Mike Tomlin during a Twitter Q&A. On Monday, he went on Instagram to request teams with the ability to give him a new deal with guaranteed money to "call me."

Tuesday's meeting marks an important stage in the process, as it appears Pittsburgh will relent to Brown's desire.

If the Steelers indeed part ways with the wideout, it would leave a massive $21.12 million cap hit in dead money. Brown is due a $2.5 million roster bonus on March 17, meaning if a trade were to go down, Pittsburgh likely needs to make a move before that date.

If Pittsburgh is truly ready to move on from Brown, telegraphing the departure could hurt any compensation package they might receive in return for one of the best receivers in the NFL.

Pure Steel

Hoopla Cash
$ 402.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Rooney throws him off a balcony......

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is a legitimately good fit for AB from a team perspective, imo. Jets, Colts, and, Bills makes it more difficult on the Steelers to make the playoffs so they are out on AB by default. Patriots and Browns the same.

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the right decision for both parties. The Steelers have to take advantage of this situation, in my opinion, anything less that a first and a second or third round pick would be a bust.

Mangler

Dis-member
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way they could take him back into that locker room. He burned every bridge. Now see what they can get for him, and move on. I doubt he will be happy anywhere, not many teams would tolerate the stuff he has pulled over the years, missing meetings, going AWOL, Video posting Tomlim's locker room speech, now his off field antics... Good luck AB, hope you find what you're looking for...Idiot!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the right decision for both parties. The Steelers have to take advantage of this situation, in my opinion, anything less that a first and a second or third round pick would be a bust.
Brown has torpedoed his trade value. Going to be chore to get more then peanuts for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona is a legitimately good fit for AB from a team perspective, imo. Jets, Colts, and, Bills makes it more difficult on the Steelers to make the playoffs so they are out on AB by default. Patriots and Browns the same.
Think the Steelers can take their chances with the Jets and Bills.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steelers Won't Accept Below Market Trade For Antonio Brown

“We will not be discounting you on the trade market and we certainly will not be releasing you,” Colbert said of his message to Brown. “All of that being said, we will take a positive approach and if someone has a sincere interest and want to make a move – either a significant pick, set of picks, significant player, and picks, and we think it will benefit the Pittsburgh Steelers in the long run, then we are all in. If not, then we will make that decision at that point.”

Good luck with that.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think the Steelers can take their chances with the Jets and Bills.
Maybe. The Bills D is really good though. Their offense can suck and still make the playoffs ala the Ravens last year. Darnold was pretty good down the stretch too and have a ton of assets to improve the team this year. With the AFCN not a given, I think that goes against what most FO's would do.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown has torpedoed his trade value. Going to be chore to get more then peanuts for him.

Which depending on how he really feels about the Steelers could be one last fuck you to them. If he truly hates it there and hates them the last big thing he could do is screw them for the future.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. The Bills D is really good though. Their offense can suck and still make the playoffs ala the Ravens last year. Darnold was pretty good down the stretch too and have a ton of assets to improve the team this year. With the AFCN not a given, I think that goes against what most FO's would do.
Of course all things being equal the Steelers would prefer trading Brown to a NFC team, but getting value has got to be their first priority.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course all things being equal the Steelers would prefer trading Brown to a NFC team, but getting value has got to be their first priority.
That's kind of why Arizona is in such a great spot if it only takes a 3rd or even a 4th to get AB right now, imo. They check every box and have a need.

mrschaney

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say I told you so, but the sky sure is falling.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's kind of why Arizona is in such a great spot if it only takes a 3rd or even a 4th to get AB right now, imo. They check every box and have a need.

Think the Steelers would want more then a 3rd or 4th round pick, thus not limiting their options by trading him only to a NFC team. If all they can get is a fourth round pick, I keep him and ride his ass so hard he'd retire and then force him to give back the money.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The PIT FO still seems to think AB is worthy of a 1st round pick in a trade....Colbert has officially put it out there that Brown is up for trade, but also threw out the caveat that they won't trade him for peanuts.

I think they will take a top of 2nd round (33-44) pick for him which makes teams like AZ, SF look enticing. I don't expect Brown to go to a DIV team, very unlikely he'll go to NE...the AFC teams I think have a legit shot...OAK, NYJ, BUF.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Genius move if the Steelers trade Brown. They have a top 5 OL, Schuster can easily move to the #1, and Brown will be 31 with a TON of targets by next season. If they can get a 1st for Brown, brilliant. Very similar to something the Patriots would do, while spending the cap on foundation pieces of DL/OL/QB and supplementing where needed.

I think from everyone I've talked to (friends/forums alike) I'm the only person that 100% would be in favor for getting rid of Brown ASAP if I was a Steelers fan. Trade him to the NFC IMO. Ruin draft capital and he's due for an injury anyway. Done and done. Arizona? Sure. Take on that massive contract and surrender early 1st rounders - send em' to the AFC.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say I told you so, but the sky sure is falling.

And with ask the drama we faced over the past 3 years.......

We still swept the bunghole every season....:pound:

When was the last time the bengals beast the Steelers?????:scratch: