• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Situation

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't condone Incognito's behavior (whatever that is) but Steve Smith has physically assaulted 3 of his own teammates ...and he is still playing today.

So tell me why is Incognito being made out like he is a murderer?

Part of it is the media blowing it out of proportion. Let's not forget how one-sided the report has been.
Media influence imo.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
There has been a lot of talk in the media about the problems with Jonathan Martin, the Miami Dolphins and Richie Incognito. It's been rather interesting to see people's reaction to this situation, as there are a lot of current and former players who are sympathetic to Martin, but there are quite a few (especially from the Dolphins themselves) who are angry at Martin for the situation.

So what are everyone's thoughts about this situation in particular and what if this situation was actually happening to the Seahawks would your thoughts be the same?

What Richie Incognito did was INEXCUSABLE, IMO. Leaving racist voice mails with a death threat ("I'll kill you)" is not only verbally abusive it's TERRIBLE for team cohesion.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Richie Incognito did was INEXCUSABLE, IMO. Leaving racist voice mails with a death threat ("I'll kill you)" is not only verbally abusive it's TERRIBLE for team cohesion.

I wandered onto the 9ers board when I saw their thread for this on the main page, and man there are some real "interesting" (and that's what I say when there isn't any word to describe my disgust) people on there spouting out some real messed up crap. I'm just glad I'm not a 9ers fan, cause if I had to put up with some of them I would have left this site a long time ago.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wandered onto the 9ers board when I saw their thread for this on the main page, and man there are some real "interesting" (and that's what I say when there isn't any word to describe my disgust) people on there spouting out some real messed up crap. I'm just glad I'm not a 9ers fan, cause if I had to put up with some of them I would have left this site a long time ago.

Toby is our team troll. He is the ringleader of stupidity.

Blstoker, I am sorry to hear of your situation. I don't think that there is a place for what Incognito did, but I think that shit trickles down from the top. I think there is a real feeling of "Colonel Jessup" (for you movie goers) ordered Code Red feel to this story. Whether it be Ireland or Philbin, I feel as if both have to go and Incognito can kick rocks while he is at it.

I don't think this happens everywhere, because not all teams have guys with the rap sheet Incognito does on their "leadership council". They are doing a job, a profession, their chosen CAREER. There is no room for this stupid, child-like seeking of approval from grown ass men. Martin had every right to protect himself and walk away as opposed to going head to head with a proven psychopath. And the MIA players speaking in defense of RI need to shut the fack up because they are making it pretty obvious that they have never been briefed on Public Relations 101. The public backing of a player caught on recording using racist remarks and threatening tones to Martin and his family, alleged joke or not, is so beyond unbelievable to me. Context or not, there is simply no place for that at all and every player coming to RI's defense is a flat out idiot in my book.

YourFriendGannon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha, that's sorta funny Ricky Williams came up like that. The way people are defending Martin reminds me a little of how I defended Williams in the early 2000s against a maelstrom of message board rage over social anxiety or whatever. Obviously this situation has twists & turns that one didn't.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my belief that the team went into media blackout to assess the situation and come out with a unified statement. The coach made mention of something to the effect of them all seeing it the same way, etc. Basically, they see Icognito as more important to the team because he was "just joking" and doing his usual hazing of younger players. They believe Martin is the bad guy here because he aired the team's laundry outside of the locker room. Hartline seems like an ignorant, defensive asshole. That is how he comes off on camera at least to me. I would be curious to hear other players on the team's thoughts if they had a guarantee they wouldn't get let go or harassed in any way. I am certain the guys interviewed all toed the company line.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is my belief that the team went into media blackout to assess the situation and come out with a unified statement. The coach made mention of something to the effect of them all seeing it the same way, etc. Basically, they see Icognito as more important to the team because he was "just joking" and doing his usual hazing of younger players. They believe Martin is the bad guy here because he aired the team's laundry outside of the locker room. Hartline seems like an ignorant, defensive asshole. That is how he comes off on camera at least to me. I would be curious to hear other players on the team's thoughts if they had a guarantee they wouldn't get let go or harassed in any way. I am certain the guys interviewed all toed the company line.

Yeah my feeling is right in line with what you're thinking as far as the chorus of guys eager to take Incognito's side when asked. They're either afraid of repercussions if they take Martin's side or they've convinced themselves that Martin "went outside the family" by leaving the team, which caused a media firestorm; so it's easier for them to side against the guy who "went outside the family" than it is to hold Incognito and whoever else was involved in this responsible for their actions. It's the old "Your team is only as good as its weakest link" line of thinking and from the looks of it, they see Martin as the weakest link because he "went outside the family". Nobody knows what, specifically, went on in that locker room over the past year and a half, but if it's bad enough that one of the players left the team rather than put up with it, something obviously needs to change in the culture they have set up down there.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That locker room is an unprofessional mess. It's no wonder why the team is going nowhere when all the vets give a shit about is screwing around. I remember the real rob report where Clemons put Michael in his place for rapping about smoking weed. This idiot was apparently having meetings at a strip club.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't stand the segment with Irvin, and the rest of the ex-NFL guys called "Players Only" They think they are entitled and 'they' only know and are able to effectively talk about what it is like. There are plenty of ex-players out there at many levels that have experienced the 'game situation' or other locker room situations.

Incognito is a THUG. As quoted in articles, it is well known that other players SHOULD believe as Richie Believes, and if not, well guess what! Richie will get exposed. I can hardly wait until he goes down. He will get cut from Miami soon, WHO will pick him up? Doubt it will be my Seahawks, I'd be pisssed if they did. Hope he never plays in the NFL again, and any lawsuit he files gets thrown out.

There are too many FINE Young Men in the NFL, don't let this thug ruin it for the others.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys gotta know this story before i explain my feelings about this

1st off: I'm Autistic

I'm a miltary brat (my dad serves in the Canadian navy) and i was 10. My dad got posted to Ottawa.

my brothers go to the nearest school. My mom wanted to me to go to the "best intergrated school" which was 20-30 minutes away from home. However i was bullied by a group of kids for 3 years. No Friends or what not. Lil emtionial scars. The bigger scars come from seeing Peers(other special needs) being bullied. lil bigger scars.

Bc of this i have a huge HUGE HUGE issue with bullying. That is why I took such a hard stance against RI(mot trying to spell his name). I wanted to buy a plane ticket to Miami and Kill RI.

Now that more and more have come out. I feel that:

a) RI crossed a line with the text's and voicemails.
B) THE DOLPHINS TEAM LEAPED OVER THE LINE BY TELLING HIM TO DO IT AND THEN SUSPEDNING HIM THEREFORE MAKING HIM A SPACEGOAT.

yeah bullying can tough you up(give me that no 1 more about you than you attitude) but it leaves scars that last a while

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't condone Incognito's behavior (whatever that is) but Steve Smith has physically assaulted 3 of his own teammates ...and he is still playing today.

So tell me why is Incognito being made out like he is a murderer?

Being made out to look like a murder maybe a bit extreme, but everywhere he has played from college to the pros trouble has followed him. Being kicked off 2 college teams, fighting with head coaches and players tagging him as one of the more dirtier players in the league doesn't help his appearance in this situation. Dolphins management is fully to blame for picking Incognito to toughen Martin up full well knowing Incognito's past.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys gotta know this story before i explain my feelings about this

1st off: I'm Autistic

I'm a miltary brat (my dad serves in the Canadian navy) and i was 10. My dad got posted to Ottawa.

my brothers go to the nearest school. My mom wanted to me to go to the "best intergrated school" which was 20-30 minutes away from home. However i was bullied by a group of kids for 3 years. No Friends or what not. Lil emtionial scars. The bigger scars come from seeing Peers(other special needs) being bullied. lil bigger scars.

Bc of this i have a huge HUGE HUGE issue with bullying. That is why I took such a hard stance against RI(mot trying to spell his name). I wanted to buy a plane ticket to Miami and Kill RI.

Now that more and more have come out. I feel that:

a) RI crossed a line with the text's and voicemails.
B) THE DOLPHINS TEAM LEAPED OVER THE LINE BY TELLING HIM TO DO IT AND THEN SUSPEDNING HIM THEREFORE MAKING HIM A SPACEGOAT.

yeah bullying can tough you up(give me that no 1 more about you than you attitude) but it leaves scars that last a while

I'm sorry you endured what you endured with bullies Nucks. I agree with your sentiment 100%.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody should have to put up with being bullied, whether they're a school outcast or a 300+ lb. NFL offensive lineman. The problem is that, from childhood on up to adulthood, there are too many authority figures too willing to ignore the problem of bullying or deny that it exists. It doesn't help that a lot of people in this world mistake passiveness for cowardice or assume that playing a sport, especially one as physical as football, means you have to be a hard-ass on and off the field. I don't know if the issue of bullying will ever truly go away, but if more authority figures started taking it upon themselves to stop either passively or actively condoning it, that can go a long way towards reducing the number of instances of bullying.