• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Miami Heat Off Season Thread

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year we're going to see a much better Winslow

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Wade gives another home discount. i know after this year he earned a nice paycheck, but he is getting up there in age and honestly i dont know if he could put up the same numbers next season that he did this year. I love Wade and want him to stick with us till he retires, but if he wants to compete for a championship every year we are going to need to spend $$ on some other guys to help him. I have no doubt Riley/Arison will take care of Wade when his career is all over.

We need to resign Dragic, we saw what he can do when we run a quicker offense. We just need him to be more consistent. Definitely keep the rookies, Winslow and Richardson and TJ all gained alot of experience going deep into the playoffs with 2 game 7s. It is good for them and will only make them better. But Winslow really needs to work on his shot. It is not good.

Its time to force UD into retirement, or let him go. No reason at all to bring him back. i understand he is a good locker room presence, but he doesnt need to be on the roster for that. Hire him as a groupie to go to every game and do pep talks when your team is down.

Amare, Green need to be let go. Not worth the inconsistent play. Wright didnt get much time at all with us. He is worth a end of the bench roster spot for the minimum. If you can trade McBob go for it, if not, his contract is a little high for a guy whose going to most likely not be in the rotation next year (if we make the right moves). He definitely should not be played at Center, it honestly just wasnt fair to him.

Deng and JJ need to be traded or let go. Their asking price will be too high for someone who disappeared in the 2nd rd.

That leaves Bosh and Whiteside. Bosh is a very soft player, but he has heart and shows up when we need him. But his time playing should be done. His health is for more important. He should retire. It isnt worth the risk to bring him back only to lose him again.

Whiteside- Ughhh. What to do what to do. I have a close friend who works for Univision sports division. he is at every game, i see him on the TV with all the players during warm ups. He interviews them all and talks to them all the time. He said Whiteside could have played the last 2 games, his health was fine and he was ready to go. He chose not to play because of his contract. Not a matter of him getting hurt more and then not getting paid, but more didnt want to get outplayed and look bad and lose out on a big contract. To me, thats a very selfish player. I like Whiteside and what he brings to the table, but I didnt think he was a Max player before or with an attitude like that, it makes me think that even more.

I think there is mutual interest to bring back Goran. I don't see that being a problem at all.

As for Wade he HAS to take a discount if he wants to stay - The age is a factor at this point that even he should be able to acknowledge and do his part in helping this team improve. And maybe consider a reduced role as a player next season.

Deng will most likely be let go unless he too takes a cut. JJ seems to want to come back as does D.Wright. From all I've read and heard there is mutual interest from both of them to be retained by the Heat.

As for CB, he's anything but soft. If he can get his health right - he should return. if not, he had a great run. He needs to prioritize his life.

As to Hassan and what your buddy has told you -- seems a little doubtful. There was never any talks about him wanting to try and play through the injury or anything of the sort. I don't recall him participating in any practices or shootarounds after the injury, so I don't think he was close to returning yet enough for the Heat to want to try to send him out there or for him to even want to try to play.

That said, he does have issues with mental toughness clearly. He needs to learn how to better handle certain situations on and off the court - which to me is the biggest factor to consider whether he is worthy of a max contract or not.

There is as much risk in giving him the contract as there is not. If you give it to him, I fear he will get complacent and get into some bad habits that will hurt his game and that of the team. If you don't give him the contract - you could lose him - or bring him back for a lesser price of which he may not be happy with and not play up to part.

Lastly, on UD the Heat won't " force" him to retire I am very certain of that. The Heat family/loyalty mentality the organization preaches and has proven to life by. Pretty sure the Heat will give him their opinion but ultimately let him retire on his own terms when he pleases. As they should.

Lots of good problems for the Heat to have?

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think next year we're going to see a much better Winslow

No doubt he and J-RIch will only be better thanks to this playoff run. I expect the same from TJ. They will do their thing in summer league and be ready for next season

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lesser the chances that CB returns become, the more I fear this could turn or has turned into a life-threatening situation.

Anyone want to give me reason to think otherwise?

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel for Bosh. its such a huge hurt to want to do something so bad but you just cant, even more so because your body isnt willing. His well being is far greater than the game of basketball.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Wade gives another home discount. i know after this year he earned a nice paycheck, but he is getting up there in age and honestly i dont know if he could put up the same numbers next season that he did this year. I love Wade and want him to stick with us till he retires, but if he wants to compete for a championship every year we are going to need to spend $$ on some other guys to help him. I have no doubt Riley/Arison will take care of Wade when his career is all over.

We need to resign Dragic, we saw what he can do when we run a quicker offense. We just need him to be more consistent. Definitely keep the rookies, Winslow and Richardson and TJ all gained alot of experience going deep into the playoffs with 2 game 7s. It is good for them and will only make them better. But Winslow really needs to work on his shot. It is not good.

Its time to force UD into retirement, or let him go. No reason at all to bring him back. i understand he is a good locker room presence, but he doesnt need to be on the roster for that. Hire him as a groupie to go to every game and do pep talks when your team is down.

Amare, Green need to be let go. Not worth the inconsistent play. Wright didnt get much time at all with us. He is worth a end of the bench roster spot for the minimum. If you can trade McBob go for it, if not, his contract is a little high for a guy whose going to most likely not be in the rotation next year (if we make the right moves). He definitely should not be played at Center, it honestly just wasnt fair to him.

Deng and JJ need to be traded or let go. Their asking price will be too high for someone who disappeared in the 2nd rd.

That leaves Bosh and Whiteside. Bosh is a very soft player, but he has heart and shows up when we need him. But his time playing should be done. His health is for more important. He should retire. It isnt worth the risk to bring him back only to lose him again.

Whiteside- Ughhh. What to do what to do. I have a close friend who works for Univision sports division. he is at every game, i see him on the TV with all the players during warm ups. He interviews them all and talks to them all the time. He said Whiteside could have played the last 2 games, his health was fine and he was ready to go. He chose not to play because of his contract. Not a matter of him getting hurt more and then not getting paid, but more didnt want to get outplayed and look bad and lose out on a big contract. To me, thats a very selfish player. I like Whiteside and what he brings to the table, but I didnt think he was a Max player before or with an attitude like that, it makes me think that even more.

Whiteside had a sprained MCL. We saw Curry have to sit out two weeks. Whiteside injured his at the beginning of game 3. He was out 3 more games, which translates to about a week. Shit, I wouldn't want to take that chance either if I'm Whiteside. Whiteside isn't your typical player either. He's been playing for peanuts compared to his contemporaries and he's about to get set up for a huge payday. I wouldn't want to fuck that chance up either.

But I agree with Paolo, I'm very skeptical on giving him the money. When he matches up with someone his size, he often gets dominated. He's talented and has room to grow. But will he take that leap when he gets paid? or go the Dwight Howard route and decide that he's refined enough?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside had a sprained MCL. We saw Curry have to sit out two weeks. Whiteside injured his at the beginning of game 3. He was out 3 more games, which translates to about a week. Shit, I wouldn't want to take that chance either if I'm Whiteside. Whiteside isn't your typical player either. He's been playing for peanuts compared to his contemporaries and he's about to get set up for a huge payday. I wouldn't want to fuck that chance up either.

But I agree with Paolo, I'm very skeptical on giving him the money. When he matches up with someone his size, he often gets dominated. He's talented and has room to grow. But will he take that leap when he gets paid? or go the Dwight Howard route and decide that he's refined enough?

Let's assume the Heat doctors won't clear Bosh.
That is huge for '17, but not this summer.
I'm also assuming no Durant this summer.
I'm thinking he signs a 2 year max with opt out next summer when Westbrook is also UFA.
So that leaves us where?
I'd give Wade his 20M again on another 1 year.
I'd also give Whiteside his 20, unless a better option is made available, but I'm not sure who it could be.
Then 14 months from now we are in the strongest cap position we have ever seen.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lesser the chances that CB returns become, the more I fear this could turn or has turned into a life-threatening situation.

Anyone want to give me reason to think otherwise?

The Heat is a business.
2 out of the 3 possible outcomes for him are terrible for business.
It sucks, but they can't clear him because I've read there is no way to prevent the possibility of reoccurrence.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat is a business.
2 out of the 3 possible outcomes for him are terrible for business.
It sucks, but they can't clear him because I've read there is no way to prevent the possibility of reoccurrence.

Just an all around unfortunate situation

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume the Heat doctors won't clear Bosh.
That is huge for '17, but not this summer.
I'm also assuming no Durant this summer.
I'm thinking he signs a 2 year max with opt out next summer when Westbrook is also UFA.
So that leaves us where?
I'd give Wade his 20M again on another 1 year.
I'd also give Whiteside his 20, unless a better option is made available, but I'm not sure who it could be.
Then 14 months from now we are in the strongest cap position we have ever seen.

Yeah....that's a lot of cap space and I think KD signs a 1-year deal. Quite honestly, whether Westbrook and him win a title or not, I think they're both out of there. I think LA, Miami, or another city like Chicago or New York will be where they want to try to go. Their owner has been known for trying to stay under the luxury tax and who the fuck wants to stay in Oklahoma.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah....that's a lot of cap space and I think KD signs a 1-year deal. Quite honestly, whether Westbrook and him win a title or not, I think they're both out of there. I think LA, Miami, or another city like Chicago or New York will be where they want to try to go. Their owner has been known for trying to stay under the luxury tax and who the fuck wants to stay in Oklahoma.

I realistically can envision them here, or as you named, in another of a few cities.
Common sense says the move should be to the EC if winning championship is you're ultimate goal.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As expected, nothing but class from Spo and the Heat. Could possibly lose one of their assistants to a head coaching position, yet still put in the time and have the willingness to work with them to prepare them for upcoming interviews.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3