• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami (FL) (4-2) @ Virginia Tech (4-2)

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they would be better off if they could get out of the deal at joe robbie/proplayer/sunlife/landshark/hard rock stadium.......even fiu has one on campus. now that will never happen in coral gables but has to be a better option than what they got. i havent watched a whole lot of miami football this year but is kayya helping of hurting this team?

He's also (kaaya) made some really amazing throws and plays. He has amazing accuracy deep and has solid decision making but seems to panic when under pressure and makes some bad red zone throws.

Cobrabit

Resident Polymath
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,041.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one should say that until Miami wins an ACC.

I honestly am dumbfounded that they haven't even played for the ACC CG since it was installed in 2005. We all know the history and reasons why FSU and Miami were put in different divisions with the first few CG in Jacksonville, as the ACC thought it would be a regular occurrence that those two teams would be competing for the conference. The fact that Miami hasn't even made it to the CG is crazy. Granted, the VT @ Miami game in 2004 was the defacto ACC championship before BC was added the next year which allowed the CG due to having 12 teams.

Moving to the ACC was great for VT and even BC benefited with their success in their first few years in the conference, but the Canes football teams declined under Shannon/etc. I personally loved (and still love) the game between VT and Miami each year, they have certainly lost their luster over the last decade where prior to that, one or both would be highly ranked and be knocked off creating a rivalry that was more due to performance on the field rather than geography.

I was happy for the win last night, and always enjoy beating the Canes, but I do miss the top 5/10 matchups from the Big East days and hope that Miami and VT make it back to these games truly meaning something on a national level.

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly am dumbfounded that they haven't even played for the ACC CG since it was installed in 2005. We all know the history and reasons why FSU and Miami were put in different divisions with the first few CG in Jacksonville, as the ACC thought it would be a regular occurrence that those two teams would be competing for the conference. The fact that Miami hasn't even made it to the CG is crazy. Granted, the VT @ Miami game in 2004 was the defacto ACC championship before BC was added the next year which allowed the CG due to having 12 teams.

Moving to the ACC was great for VT and even BC benefited with their success in their first few years in the conference, but the Canes football teams declined under Shannon/etc. I personally loved (and still love) the game between VT and Miami each year, they have certainly lost their luster over the last decade where prior to that, one or both would be highly ranked and be knocked off creating a rivalry that was more due to performance on the field rather than geography.

I was happy for the win last night, and always enjoy beating the Canes, but I do miss the top 5/10 matchups from the Big East days and hope that Miami and VT make it back to these games truly meaning something on a national level.

Well with 2 new good coaches hopefully we can be battling it out for playoff spots in the near future!Congrats on the win. :suds:

Jekku

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami and VT can up their game, with Louisville FSU Clemson VT and Miami, ACC could be a great conference in football too!

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Miami and VT can up their game, with Louisville FSU Clemson VT and Miami, ACC could be a great conference in football too!

UNC needs to finally get their shit together too.