• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins vs Detroit Lions Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions next. Another test for the fins. But no reason to think they cant get it done.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dolphins are 5-3 ... their best record through 8 games since they were 5-3 in 2003

Via ESPN Stats and INFO

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions next. Another test for the fins. But no reason to think they cant get it done.

I agree Paolo....sad thing is, they REALLY should be 6-2. Wow....I gotta say todays game was probably the most impressive victory for Miami in AT LEAST 10 yrs, maybe longer. It appears this team is really starting to gel. Tannehill AND Philbin might be ACTUALLY figuring it all out......damn I hope so.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very impressive win today for the Fins. The Fins pass rush has been good all year. The secondary has gotten better & better each week. They are both excellent units now. In addition, the Fins are able to stop the run. The Fins' offense is capable of scoring early and often.

Detroit will have their hands full this week. Detroit is similar to the Chargers in offensive production. They are another top 10 team at passing the ball that has struggled to get a running game going. Reggie Bush may be back to play against the Fins. WR Golden Tate is having a huge year so far & Calvin Johnson will be back to play against the Fins. The Lions are in the top 5 in both pass and run defense. That said, the Lions' DT Fairley is injured. He is one of the main reasons that their defense has been so good. They still have some other very good Dlinemen like D Suh though. It's a big test for the much improved Fins' Oline. The Lions are coming off a bye week & playing at home. This will be a tough, physical game but winnable for the Fins.

Last edited by a moderator:

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a very impressive win today for the Fins. The Fins pass rush has been good all year. The secondary has gotten better & better each week. They are both excellent units now. In addition, the Fins are able to stop the run. The Fins' offense is capable of scoring early and often.

Detroit will have their hands full this week. Detroit is similar to the Chargers in offensive production. They are another top 10 team at passing the ball that has struggled to get a running game going. Reggie Bush may be back to play against the Fins. WR Golden Tate is having a huge year so far & Calvin Johnson will be back to play against the Fins. The Lions are in the top 5 in both pass and run defense. That said, the Lions' DT Fairley is injured. He is one of the main reasons that their defense has been so good. They still have some other very good Dlinemen like D Suh though. It's a big test for the much improved Fins' Oline. The Lions are coming off a bye week & playing at home. This will be a tough, physical game but winnable for the Fins.

I think ilf we win, it will be because our defense forces Stafford into some costly mistakes(turnovers) and gets some very timely sacks. We can NOT afford to let him stand back there and allow Calvin to get 40 yds downfield before hitting him in stride. Also, our O-line needs to continue to give THill a chance to make plays, both with his arm and his feet. Our defense needs to seriously bring the heat. It would be a great time for Dion to showcase his talents.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep tough match up but winable. Secondary will be tested pressure will definitely be key. They managed to make a very good QB look confused so I have hope.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good-luck.gif

Just stopped by to day good luck this week, just not too much. I think this will be a great test for both teams to see where they stand. Both teams are riding high and only one can win. I like that it's in Detroit and that we've had a week to rest our starters.

Someone previously mentioned Stafford turning the ball over. That's the key IMO. If he isn't careless with the ball, I think our D can hold the a Dolphins O down for the most part.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good-luck.gif

Just stopped by to day good luck this week, just not too much. I think this will be a great test for both teams to see where they stand. Both teams are riding high and only one can win. I like that it's in Detroit and that we've had a week to rest our starters.

Someone previously mentioned Stafford turning the ball over. That's the key IMO. If he isn't careless with the ball, I think our D can hold the a Dolphins O down for the most part.

Thanks Microwavhero, It should be a good game. The Lions are deservedly well respected league wide. They are ranked in the top 5 as a team. The Fins, however, are being overlooked right now, even with their recent dominating win against a good team & a 3 game win streak. The Fins had some key players out earlier in the season. Now that Misi, R Jones, Pouncey, Shelby are back the Fins will be even tougher to deal with. This is a big test for the Fins' Oline. This will be an interesting game. Good luck to your team on weeks other than week 10 lol

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday's result was Miami's first shutout in 123 games and the largest since a 42-0 win over the Chiefs in 1987.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sunday's result was Miami's first shutout in 123 games and the largest since a 42-0 win over the Chiefs in 1987.

Equally impressive was the fact that the Chargers had not been shut out in 15 years.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Microwavhero, It should be a good game. The Lions are deservedly well respected league wide. They are ranked in the top 5 as a team. The Fins, however, are being overlooked right now, even with their recent dominating win against a good team & a 3 game win streak. The Fins had some key players out earlier in the season. Now that Misi, R Jones, Pouncey, Shelby are back the Fins will be even tougher to deal with. This is a big test for the Fins' Oline. This will be an interesting game. Good luck to your team on weeks other than week 10 lol

Couldn't have said it better myself...should be a great game! :suds:

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Miami looks like shit. The line can't block at all.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grimes makes a play but still not impressed with our CBs. We need to use our younger, faster and bigger guys to have a chance against their WRs.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We need to stop trying to run up the middle... thats not going to work

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Branden Albert down is no good. But this is why Jason Fox or Turner need to be active more often - they are capable replacements to our OL

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed kick off. Seems minor but would like to know, Did the Fins win toss and defer or what?