• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Miami Dolphins - Jacksonville Jaguars Game Thread

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we are just 3-3, this game vs the Jags is the ultimate trap game. We need to keep the momentum going and take this game.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so the jags won today they'll be happy with that....the Fins look like they finally understand their offense although Tanny could have ran for the TD he needs to get the killer instinct!

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we are just 3-3, this game vs the Jags is the ultimate trap game. We need to keep the momentum going and take this game.

You're absolutely right, it IS a trap game. Coming off of perhaps the biggest win (most complete game) of the season, lots of confidence flowing through the locker room, playing a team w/substantially lesser talent. This is where a solid head coach comes in handy. Philbin really needs to keep his team focused. Coyle needs to get Jordan involved immediately if not sooner, whether at linebacker or wherever. The guys far too talented to be simply a 'part time pass rusher'.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Fins don't play well against the Jags. I think the team will make the most of the opportunity to have a winning record. Stopping the Jags running game will be important. If the Fins make the Jags one dimensional they have a much better chance to win. Also, the Jags played well vs the Browns' running game in their recent victory. The Fins will need to pass the ball well in the game. That will help to create running lanes for Miller & Thomas. RE Jordan: Being a part time pass rusher & contributing on special teams may be best for the team at this time. He'll have to prove himself in the practices & in games to get more playing time. The Fins just held the Bears to 14 points in a road game therefore the team has the luxury to take their time with working him into the rotation. That said, if he starts to remind everybody of Jason Taylor, I think we'll see him on the field a lot.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if the Fins don't play well against the Jags. I think the team will make the most of the opportunity to have a winning record. Stopping the Jags running game will be important. If the Fins make the Jags one dimensional they have a much better chance to win. Also, the Jags played well vs the Browns' running game in their recent victory. The Fins will need to pass the ball well in the game. That will help to create running lanes for Miller & Thomas. RE Jordan: Being a part time pass rusher & contributing on special teams may be best for the team at this time. He'll have to prove himself in the practices & in games to get more playing time. The Fins just held the Bears to 14 points in a road game therefore the team has the luxury to take their time with working him into the rotation. That said, if he starts to remind everybody of Jason Taylor, I think we'll see him on the field a lot.

Lemme ask you something Fan....don't you think Jordan could really excel at linebacker? I mean, with his insane quickness and athleticism, he could totally stay with any tightend in the game. Plus, on obvious passing downs, Coyle could send him after the qb in a blitz package. A linebacker that is great in coverage AND a fierce pass rusher? Yea, I'd be down for that.....just a thought.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure Cards I haven't seen enough of a sample size at LB. I know we have a lot of DE's but that's how the Giants won a bowl. I don't think you can go wrong either way and maybe that's how they're going to use him all over the place keep the offenses guessing.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lemme ask you something Fan....don't you think Jordan could really excel at linebacker? I mean, with his insane quickness and athleticism, he could totally stay with any tightend in the game. Plus, on obvious passing downs, Coyle could send him after the qb in a blitz package. A linebacker that is great in coverage AND a fierce pass rusher? Yea, I'd be down for that.....just a thought.

Last year when the Pats played the Fins, Jordan covered Gronk on a few plays. He seemed to cover him well. If it's man to man coverage as a LB that may work, however, against elite offenses LB's have to be very prepared and experienced. He's almost a rookie considering how limited his playing time has been. I wouldn't rush him too much. If he could use his speed to get around the corner & after QB's there is value in that. Also, he gained weight and strength to become a DE. The team needs to also know if he can hold his ground against a running game at DE regarding how much playing time he'll get.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dion Jordan back at practice after suspension - said to have had a good practice. Worked some at DL.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also been a lot of change at LB already it may be best to leave them be as they've been better for the most part since Misi came back. You can never have enough rushers this team can bring a load on every down now should be fun!!!

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year when the Pats played the Fins, Jordan covered Gronk on a few plays. He seemed to cover him well. If it's man to man coverage as a LB that may work, however, against elite offenses LB's have to be very prepared and experienced. He's almost a rookie considering how limited his playing time has been. I wouldn't rush him too much. If he could use his speed to get around the corner & after QB's there is value in that. Also, he gained weight and strength to become a DE. The team needs to also know if he can hold his ground against a running game at DE regarding how much playing time he'll get.

You and Flyer make some pretty good points. At this point in the season, I'm sure you're right to just get him involved and determine if DE is where he needs to/can play. Also, Flyer make a good point as well. There has been a lot of turnover, so to speak, at the lber position. I'm pretty stoked that Wheeler and Ellerby will be gone at the end of the season. I really want to see Tripp get a shot, and McCain looks to be the real deal as well. I am pretty excited to see what Jordan can bring. I couldn't believe when he broke Pierre Paul's obstacle course time on 'sports science'. Actually, he completely shattered it. Pretty impressive....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You and Flyer make some pretty good points. At this point in the season, I'm sure you're right to just get him involved and determine if DE is where he needs to/can play. Also, Flyer make a good point as well. There has been a lot of turnover, so to speak, at the lber position. I'm pretty stoked that Wheeler and Ellerby will be gone at the end of the season. I really want to see Tripp get a shot, and McCain looks to be the real deal as well. I am pretty excited to see what Jordan can bring. I couldn't believe when he broke Pierre Paul's obstacle course time on 'sports science'. Actually, he completely shattered it. Pretty impressive....

cards,

I just watched Jordan's sports science performance. It is very impressive. Hopefully for him and the team his athleticism can translate to play making ability on the field. I think he'll have a better chance of getting playing time from Fede than Shelby at the backup DE position. RE the developing LB's: McCain has shown signs that he could become an impact player. Neither McCain or Tripp have had a lot of production, but it's early in their careers. Jelani Jenkins has really stepped up. He leads the team in tackles at 47 & has 1.5 sacks. Misi had a good game vs. the Bears & will probably keep getting better as a MLB.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressed with Jelani Jenkins. A guy who had trouble getting PT is now making the best of every time he gets it. Oh, and he is an Ireland guy... just saying

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really impressed with Jelani Jenkins. A guy who had trouble getting PT is now making the best of every time he gets it. Oh, and he is an Ireland guy... just saying

Cmon Paolo....did you REALLY just brag on Ireland? You're better than that....I KNOW you know football, please tell me you weren't sad to see Parcels' clone go....as said by, was it Ditka? Doesn't matter....SOMEBODY once said (the subject of the conversation was Ireland's 'drafting success') 'Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and again....'-looks like Jenkins might have been Ireland's 'nut' that he oh so sparsely found. For every 'gem' you can thank Ireland for (which is what....TWO?), I can give you 4 or 5 picks he failed miserably on. I will give you the fact that Ireland was better than his daddy Parcels, which is like saying vomit tastes better than shit. Both Parcels and Ireland did virtually nothing for this franchise. Had they fired Ireland LAST season, who really knows the type of talent we might have on this roster. I do think Hickey will fair much better, I don't believe he could ever be worse. Just sayin'.....(lol)

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt brag on Ireland. I simply gave him praise for a good personnel decision he made for our team - few as they may have been. I refuse to be like the majority of this fan base and just focus on the guys mistakes - I am more than well aware that he made some good decisions for us and deserves props for it. People in this fan base are quick to judge and criticize the bad things - thats easy - but far too often give credit when it is due... its actually sad and why this s.fla fan base, for all sports - is viewed as bandwagoners and kind of a joke to say the very least.

avalon2423

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"People in this fan base are quick to judge and criticize the bad things - thats easy - but far too often give credit when it is due... its actually sad and why this s.fla fan base, for all sports - is viewed as bandwagoners and kind of a joke to say the very least."

Thats funny coming from you. Someone who never would give Battier any credit at all, did nothing but tear him down.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didnt brag on Ireland. I simply gave him praise for a good personnel decision he made for our team - few as they may have been. I refuse to be like the majority of this fan base and just focus on the guys mistakes - I am more than well aware that he made some good decisions for us and deserves props for it. People in this fan base are quick to judge and criticize the bad things - thats easy - but far too often give credit when it is due... its actually sad and why this s.fla fan base, for all sports - is viewed as bandwagoners and kind of a joke to say the very least.

Right on....its kinda like that saying-'It takes a thousand atta boys to make up for just one ahhhh shit...'-Ireland wasn't completely incompetent. But there really was soooo many short comings both with the draft and free agency that it does take some thinking to conclude what he brought to this franchise that could perhaps be confused with 'positive'. I read on phins.com that Billy Boy Parcels has come out and blamed Ross for his leaving the Dolphins. Just hilarious....you want to talk about MISTAKES?! If Parcels would have closed his eyes and pointed to a list of names, and Miami would have selected the guy he pointed to on the list (with his eyes closed, mind you), he would have done a MUCH better job drafting. Parcels was EASILY the worst GM this team has ever seen. Merling, P. White, J. Long, Kendall Langford, Henne, John freakin Beck.....his 'dinosaur philosophy' of "build a team starting with the trenches..."- Yea! Maybe if the year was 1958. Somebody should have maybe informed Billy that teams don't run the ball 50 times a game anymore, and 'bigger and stronger' doesn't translate into wins in todays NFL. Yea, Parcels clearly couldn't comprehend todays game, and his pathetic drafting was proof. I really think Hickey will do much better. He already has....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hickey has done a good job with the parts that he was left with. Ireland did leave some talent but it could have been better and if so he'd probably still have a job. The young players are learning as well as the coaches....hopefully they've turned the corner! I honestly believe that they'll be even better next year with another offseason under their belts.

cards_fins1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hickey has done a good job with the parts that he was left with. Ireland did leave some talent but it could have been better and if so he'd probably still have a job. The young players are learning as well as the coaches....hopefully they've turned the corner! I honestly believe that they'll be even better next year with another offseason under their belts.

Do you think Miami will exercise the option on Tannehill? I don't know....15 million is a lot of coin for a guy that has been consistently inconsistent throughout his entire career. How he performs the rest of this year will no doubt determine whether he stays in S. Florida or not.