• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only when it's convenient. You then also talk about things as though they are fact that are indeed not proven as such.

Nope, not one bit. At all.

lol, yeah again only when it suits you.

I created no such narrative. ATF and other bucknuts have raised that over and over again. What you have read about me saying ANYTHING about that is entirely in a response to those raised points. Period. I have ZERO preconceived notions about what actually happened, more or less why. And that's an entirely consistent fact I've stuck to through this entire thing.

More complete bullshit.

Show me where I've given McMurphy 'too much credit'. Prove your work. I haven't given him credit for a damned thing. Not one.

This is the same pure bullshit ATF tries. And it won't work for him either.

There is a BIG difference between saying I simply need more proof before calling someone a liar and saying I entirely believe him. Those are NOT the same thing. AT ALL. So stop pretending I've said he is for sure telling the truth, because I've also said over and over and OVER and OvEr and oVeR again that I'll be right here throwing stones if he is indeed found to have lied or otherwise grossly mishandled the story more than currently accused. I've also said he's a hack and made many mistakes. That it NOT at all someone biased toward him in any way.

How are you clowns not getting that? :L

If you put 10 possible reasons for the whole arrested box checked thing on a paper and asked someone to rank the likelihood of each from most to least likely, I'd have "Lied and it never existed" as the least likely. That doesn't mean I'm telling anyone he for sure didn't lie because there are almost no known facts in this thing. And that's ALL I've said.
You know how it works if you don't stay on topic. I stop reading and pay yu no mind....

Then again you want to take the word of a reporter who has changed his story multiple times. Claim he has 40 years of experience. And dismiss another reporter because he doesn't suit your argument...

So nothing on the proof his story was legit? Yeah, thanks. Didn't think so.
:lol:

McMurphy was actually called out by Courtney's mom on his piece claiming texts from her. As soon as he verified he was called out he responded. I have not yet seen more from her in disputing what he claimed.

In other words, when actually called out by a principle of his story he backed his article up. Fully.

Snook? Well he must be right because of course both sides are lying! Duh! :burt:

Proof dude. Show your work.

Again I need actual facts. Social media runs on gossip......Get back to me when you have something substantial..And aren't playing double standards. Thanks in advance :suds:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ohiostate2.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know how it works if you don't stay on topic. I stop reading and pay yu no mind....

Then again you want to take the word of a reporter who has changed his story multiple times. Claim he has 40 years of experience. And dismiss another reporter because he doesn't suit your argument...
More lies from you.

I most certainly have not taken anyone's words. I said prove he's lying. That's NOT the same thing as saying he for sure is telling the truth. Learn the English language.

I will wait for the facts before accusing someone with such a long history of not lying. That's not at all the same thing as saying he IS telling the truth. You are either smart enough to grasp that very basic concept, or you aren't. I have a guess on that too.

Again I need actual facts. Social media runs on gossip......Get back to me when you have something substantial..And aren't playing double standards. Thanks in advance :suds:
No, you create facts not established to support a narrative built off fallacious already proven wrong arguments.

McMurphy did not receive any extra money for this article. You accused him directly of doing this to 'make more money'. I can show you your quotes from the beginning of this very thread if you like, but you were banging on that for days. In fact, he spent money out of his own pocket for travel to do this story. So no, that's a false narrative YOU pushed for days.

You also went on a tangent for days about him creating fake texts, also for financial gain. There is indeed NO supporting proof he fabricated any of the material he has supplied on any of the related stories. You cannot make the claims you do about others without admitting you did NOT wait for the facts before making wild accusations now can you?

I could give you more examples of your hypocrisy, but is it really necessary? You have no room to throw stones and should be fully aware of it.

There are no angles on this I have presented as fact outside of Meyer could have prevented this by simply choosing his words more wisely. That's the only real FACT we have right now.

I'll be waiting for the investigation before making wild claims. It would suit you well to do the same.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero tolerance applies to student athletes. USC dropped Joseph Lewis a top end WR following DV charges. So by your standard its ok for Harbs to suspend Perry for a DV "arrest" and allow him back on the team. But Urban is held to another standard over a coach who is not a student athlete. And no police report for an Arrest?

What are you talking about? Urban Meyer is the one talking about Zero Tolerance and putting on the front of being a disciplinarian and has a list outside the locker room that says honesty, respect women, etc. — then lies at Media Day about a coach accused multiple times of domestic violence.

So not sure exactly what you are getting at? Perry didn’t hit a girl, he cut in line at a bar and smacked a girl on the ass. His arrest was because he was drunk and tried to run from the cops. Personally, I think he should have been booted for being an immature ass. It isn’t my call though.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More lies from you.

I most certainly have not taken anyone's words. I said prove he's lying. That's NOT the same thing as saying he for sure is telling the truth. Learn the English language.

I will wait for the facts before accusing someone with such a long history of not lying. That's not at all the same thing as saying he IS telling the truth. You are either smart enough to grasp that very basic concept, or you aren't. I have a guess on that too.

No, you create facts not established to support a narrative built off fallacious already proven wrong arguments.

McMurphy did not receive any extra money for this article. You accused him directly of doing this to 'make more money'. I can show you your quotes from the beginning of this very thread if you like, but you were banging on that for days. In fact, he spent money out of his own pocket for travel to do this story. So no, that's a false narrative YOU pushed for days.

You also went on a tangent for days about him creating fake texts, also for financial gain. There is indeed NO supporting proof he fabricated any of the material he has supplied on any of the related stories. You cannot make the claims you do about others without admitting you did NOT wait for the facts before making wild accusations now can you?

I could give you more examples of your hypocrisy, but is it really necessary? You have no room to throw stones and should be fully aware of it.

There are no angles on this I have presented as fact outside of Meyer could have prevented this by simply choosing his words more wisely. That's the only real FACT we have right now.

I'll be waiting for the investigation before making wild claims. It would suit you well to do the same.
Again you tend to focus way too much on other posters. And not enough on the topic. To claim one Social Media outlet is credible. When said reporter has made constant corrections. And another is not because of the school he attended.Is a double standard. To use information off Twitter or other social media outlets. Who thrive more so on shock value. And report a little more freely without relying on verified fact. Is asinine. Get back to me if you want to discuss the topic. Ive got better things to do to waste my time with debates based on tabloid journalism. I need legit facts

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? Urban Meyer is the one talking about Zero Tolerance and putting on the front of being a disciplinarian and has a list outside the locker room that says honesty, respect women, etc. — then lies at Media Day about a coach accused multiple times of domestic violence.

So not sure exactly what you are getting at? Perry didn’t hit a girl, he cut in line at a bar and smacked a girl on the ass. His arrest was because he was drunk and tried to run from the cops. Personally, I think he should have been booted for being an immature ass. It isn’t my call though.
Read the article on SC WR Greg Lewis. You'll get a better picture of zero tolerance Title IX and how it applies. To student athletes and college coaches. Actually more so than the Meyers situation. It does not apply to asst coaches etc...Unless its written in a head coaches contract. And even then you would need the actual contract to go through the language that was used. The Perry incident is actual;;y worse

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again you tend to focus way too much on other posters. And not enough on the topic. To claim one Social Media outlet is credible. When said reporter has made constant corrections. And another is not because of the school he attended.Is a double standard. To use information off Twitter or other social media outlets. Who thrive more so on shock value. And report a little more freely without relying on verified fact. Is asinine. Get back to me if you want to discuss the topic. Ive got better things to do to waste my time with debates based on tabloid journalism. I need legit facts
So it's entirely ok for you to make claims about me. Last time I checked, this thread doesn't have WizardHawk in the title. YOU go personal and when given your own examples of hypocrisy that's going out of bounds. That again, is indeed more hypocrisy. Stop putting words in my mouth or otherwise saying I'm for something I've said I'm not and we won't have these issues.

Let's set the record straight and not have anymore of this drama shall we?

I do not support either side, nor have a care who has what in the outcome. If McMurphy comes out looking crappy I'm entirely fine with it. I have no love for him or his career in any way. If Snook was right, great. That's entirely fine too. I'm on the side of truth, not speculation. That is really the only thing I care about and very few truths are known right now.

I choose to wait for the final report before making heads or tails out of this fuster cluck. I do expect Meyer to be back on the sideline and I don't think anyone will suffer a major loss. Credibility wise, job wise, or whatever. I'm just not expecting it. That doesn't mean I don't think those things are possible because anything is at this point. Anything and everything.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's entirely ok for you to make claims about me. Last time I checked, this thread doesn't have WizardHawk in the title. YOU go personal and when given your own examples of hypocrisy that's going out of bounds. That again, is indeed more hypocrisy. Stop putting words in my mouth or otherwise saying I'm for something I've said I'm not and we won't have these issues.

I do not support either side, nor have a care who has what in the outcome. If McMurphy comes out looking crappy I'm entirely fine with it. I have no love for him or his career in any way. If Snook was right, great. That's entirely fine too. I'm on the side of truth, not speculation. That is really the only thing I care about and very few truths are known right now.

I choose to wait for the final report before making heads or tails out of this fuster cluck. I do expect Meyer to be back on the sideline and I don't think anyone will suffer a major loss. Credibility wise, job wise, or whatever. I'm just not expecting it. That doesn't mean I don't think those things are possible because anything is at this point. Anything and everything.

KFUXWHBKPHUMNHD.20140911144939.jpg

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't have it both ways. If he misreported what he first saw and is STILL to this moment holding that he did see a form with that box checked he is indeed lying about it right now. Right this minute today he's lying. Doesn't matter if he's lying to cover up shitty work or because he's been lying about more and has it out for Meyer/OSU. It's a lie either way.

He either did physically see a form with that box checked, or he didn't. If he did he's telling the truth. If he didn't he's lying. Until there is proof he didn't see one I'm not ready to call the man a liar.
Oh for fuck's sake, you're the only one saying that. I have my beliefs at this point. I think he was either mistaken or was given false information by Courtney or whoever tipped him off. Those are my beliefs.

You bring up the "OSU troll farms going 24/7 trying to dig up every possible angle of dirt on McMurphy", yet you don't think there are plenty of people on the other side that are desperately trying to validate him? There are a LOT of people who hate OSU and would love nothing more than for his story to produce some earth-shattering info that bring OSU football crumbling. Let me tell you - if there's a report that says he was arrested, we'd likely have it by now.

I'm done talking to you about this topic.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok — let me ask you this — say that there is no report that says he was arrested, only a domestic violence report with no box checked. What does that change?
It drops McMurphy's credibility even more than it already has dropped.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial report which was said arrest actually said it was a misdemeanor. The report released by Powell PD in response to the story had it listed as a felony domestic abuse.

Once again though — whether it said arrest or investigated changes nothing — both have to be reported to OSU and Meyer literally said he knew nothing and never even heard about it.

That’s why OSU is getting investigated. If Meyer had said — yeah, we reported it to the proper people and it has been dealt with. Nothing would have happened. When he played dumb, he opened up OSU to this investigation as it came out he knew from text messages.
This is false. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Meyer said he knew nothing of an arrest. Why would he lie about knowing about the investigation? That information can be found out easily and quickly, so why hang himself? He issued the statement saying he wasn't clear, but he never lied.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is false. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Meyer said he knew nothing of an arrest. Why would he lie about knowing about the investigation? That information can be found out easily and quickly, so why hang himself? He issued the statement saying he wasn't clear, but he never lied.

From 11warriors
CONCLUSION
At Big Ten Media Days, Urban Meyer was never asked about Zach Smith being arrested in 2015. Other words were used, both in the hallway before the session and when he was speaking from the dais, but Meyer, at no time, was asked about Smith being arrested in 2015.

There's a contingent of vocal Ohio State fans, both here on Eleven Warriors and floating around social media, who contend Meyer did not lie because he was answering questions about whether Zach was arrested in 2015.

In fact, Meyer was asked on multiple occasions about 2015 without reporters ever using the words “arrest” or “arrested.” It's fair to say he handled these questions poorly and did seem to answer untruthfully when asked about the 2015 incidents. He acknowledged as much in his own statement.

Lying to the media is not a crime and does not inherently make Meyer a bad person. At the same time, when we write that Meyer lied to the media in Chicago, it's a statement of fact, acknowledged by Meyer and supported by the transcripts.

Fact Check: Did Urban Meyer Lie at Big Ten Media Days, and Did He Apologize for Doing So?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From 11warriors
CONCLUSION
At Big Ten Media Days, Urban Meyer was never asked about Zach Smith being arrested in 2015. Other words were used, both in the hallway before the session and when he was speaking from the dais, but Meyer, at no time, was asked about Smith being arrested in 2015.

There's a contingent of vocal Ohio State fans, both here on Eleven Warriors and floating around social media, who contend Meyer did not lie because he was answering questions about whether Zach was arrested in 2015.

In fact, Meyer was asked on multiple occasions about 2015 without reporters ever using the words “arrest” or “arrested.” It's fair to say he handled these questions poorly and did seem to answer untruthfully when asked about the 2015 incidents. He acknowledged as much in his own statement.

Lying to the media is not a crime and does not inherently make Meyer a bad person. At the same time, when we write that Meyer lied to the media in Chicago, it's a statement of fact, acknowledged by Meyer and supported by the transcripts.

Fact Check: Did Urban Meyer Lie at Big Ten Media Days, and Did He Apologize for Doing So?
My intention was not to say anything inaccurate or misleading. However, I was not adequately prepared to discuss these sensitive personnel issues with the media, and I apologize for the way I handled those questions.

Lying requires intent. And again, why would he lie? He has nothing to gain and everything to lose, and it's something that can be fact-checked in a few minutes.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lying requires intent. And again, why would he lie? He has nothing to gain and everything to lose, and it's something that can be fact-checked in a few minutes.

Urban
The power of what I say and how I say it, especially regarding sensitive and serious domestic issues, has never been more evident than now. My words, whether in reply to a reporter's question or in addressing a personnel issue, must be clear compassionate and most of all, completely accurate. Unfortunately, at Big Ten Media Days on July 24th, I failed on many of these fronts.

You don't think people lie when asked something uncomfortable sometimes? Even if that can be checked by someone? Ever have kids? Co workers?" I had the biggest inauguration crowd ever"lol
What he's saying is I didn't mean to lie when I lied ( is he lying about that too?). I can't say I tried to lie or else I will be in a bigger shit storm. So I'm gonna say I lied but didn't mean to lie.
But can we trust he's not lying about not trying to lie?

Last edited:

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Urban
The power of what I say and how I say it, especially regarding sensitive and serious domestic issues, has never been more evident than now. My words, whether in reply to a reporter's question or in addressing a personnel issue, must be clear compassionate and most of all, completely accurate. Unfortunately, at Big Ten Media Days on July 24th, I failed on many of these fronts.

You don't think people lie when asked something uncomfortable sometimes? Even if that can be checked by someone? Ever have kids? Co workers?" I had the biggest inauguration crowd ever"lol
What he's saying is I didn't mean to lie when I lied ( is he lying about that too?). I can't say I tried to lie or else I will be in a bigger shit storm. So I'm gonna say I lied but didn't meant to lie.
Ok. I mean, it makes no sense for him to flatout lie, and there's no proof he wasn't referring to the arrest, but Ok.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok. I mean, it makes no sense for him to flatout lie, and there's no proof he wasn't referring to the arrest, but Ok.

Of course it doesn't make sense. Do people always do what hindsight tells them was the correct thing to do? No.
That site 11warriors goes over every question asked of him that day and his answers. Not one of the reporters say arrest or he was arrested. So no he wasn't referring to a question about an arrest. You yourself vouched for this site and now when they don;t align with your narrative you can't believe them.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it doesn't make sense. Do people always do what hindsight tells them was the correct thing to do? No.
That site 11warriors goes over every question asked of him that day and his answers. Not one of the reporters say arrest or he was arrested. So no he wasn't referring to a question about an arrest. You yourself vouched for this site and now when they don;t align with your narrative you can't believe them.
2015, I got a text late last night something happened in 2015. And there was nothing. Once again, there's nothing -- once again, I don't know who creates a story like that.
What do you think the "text late last night" referred to? Could it have been the McMurphy report coming out stating Smith was arrested?

I will continue to vouch for 11W, they do incredible work. This is an opinion piece, and I don't agree with the opinion. What I've posted before is a copy of a police report. Not an opinion piece, not really something you can disagree with.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think the "text late last night" referred to? Could it have been the McMurphy report coming out stating Smith was arrested?

I will continue to vouch for 11W, they do incredible work. This is an opinion piece, and I don't agree with the opinion. What I've posted before is a copy of a police report. Not an opinion piece, not really something you can disagree with.

You're giving me a defense that he didn't give . He mislead people with his answers. He acknowledged it. You sound like a parent saying my son didn't do it when the son says he did it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're giving me a defense that he didn't give . He mislead people with his answers. He acknowledged it. You sound like a parent saying my son didn't do it when the son says he did it.
Sure, his wording was absolutely misleading and unclear. I've never said it wasn't. However, there's a difference between that and intentionally lying, which he didn't do.

The fact that he brought up the text from the night before absolutely is in reference to the McMurphy report, wouldn't you agree?

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck's sake, you're the only one saying that. I have my beliefs at this point. I think he was either mistaken or was given false information by Courtney or whoever tipped him off. Those are my beliefs.

You bring up the "OSU troll farms going 24/7 trying to dig up every possible angle of dirt on McMurphy", yet you don't think there are plenty of people on the other side that are desperately trying to validate him? There are a LOT of people who hate OSU and would love nothing more than for his story to produce some earth-shattering info that bring OSU football crumbling. Let me tell you - if there's a report that says he was arrested, we'd likely have it by now.

I'm done talking to you about this topic.

So you do believe now he only edited the word arrest because he was given false information/ or mistaken? Yes

We’ll go ahead and undo the bullshit rating you gave me in the two threads you did it in when I said the exact thing. An stop condemning McMurphy a liar for editing a few rods from his article.

Ohh and have an outstanding day ole buddy. Look forward to talk football with you real soon. :suds: