• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your question is cute.

To be released, maybe none. But that certainly doesnt mean there aren’t reports that state Zach was arrested. Mistakenly. Just because they can’t be released to the public doesn’t mean they can’t exist.
Lol, classic. "Shit he caught me talking out of my ass, better be condescending now".

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is a direct quote from your views on the Boermeester case last year. Which was actually worse . And held a much bigger impact because it involved student athletes and/or tolerance - Title IX
Perhaps you can refresh my memory. I don't recall commenting on that story (or even what any of the particulars of the story.)

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also the part about him initially saying Earle Bruce talked Courtney Smith out of pressing charges in 09, to now for some reason omitting that part after her mom told him no such event occurred.
Agreed. He really needed to make a notated amendment and he blew it.
Again, he has been sloppy as hell for someone with 30+ years. Yes, he may be used to a support staff but that's no excuse.
Agreed. He is out of his element for sure and part of why there is such a feeding frenzy is because of it.
He has an agenda and he's pushing forward with it while trying to keep his errors as unnoticed as possible.
That takes a giant leap to reach. I'm entirely unable to reach that level without proof beyond a couple of off color tweets from 7 years ago.

You were at the point of saying he might have gotten caught up in a fabricated story by Courtney and being guilty of not doing enough due diligence before rushing to break this story. That is FAR more plausible than hidden agenda and shady shit to further that. I just need more proof to reach that.
At least we both believe he's a hack.
Yep. I can't say I've been impressed with his work over the years, just that I haven't seen him dishonor his craft with lying either.

I don't have to show you where he's been questioned. I don't have time to scour the internet for that. I will just keep saying that it's not normal that he just rolled over and changed his story without hesitation even though he supposedly saw an official report that supported his initial story. That reeks of sloppiness and error on his part.
He did not do what you are saying. He made an initial article before media day, you know that Meyer was asked about. He then responded to Meyer's claims at that event with a much larger story and at least according to the edit record of THAT article, the Aug1st version had the bit in there about originally seeing the check box and getting a different copy. I do not know exactly what day the police gave him that revised version. The text in that section EXACTLY matches the Aug5th version of the article.

No one has come out pushing him for proof. When he was called out by Carano about her texts, he didn't hesitate to respond and defend himself. That fact makes it hard to slam him for not defending something he hasn't even been asked to defend.

Again, you and some of your fans making this into a big deal is not at all the same as mainstream elements calling into question his story.

And once again, if you were entirely correct it would come out on the OSU investigation report and he would then be fully called out on it and the ball is in his court to respond. We would all be focused on him at that point. No one is saying it is entirely impossible he made things up, lied, or is caught up in something over his head. All we are saying is given his long public track record we need more than than questions to cause a jump to that conclusion. We need proof first.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So - bottom line: One of the two should have been arrested. But no one has suggested it should have been Courtney.
There has to be be evidence. A wife can't just call the police on her husband and have them haul him off if she shows no signs at all of being abused. And actually yes, her own mother has suggested Courtney should've been arrested, and said she was witness to several instances where Courtney hit him. She's said multiple times now that any bruises Courtney may have had that were caused by him were defensive bruises of him grabbing her to get her away from him.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He really needed to make a notated amendment and he blew it.

Agreed. He is out of his element for sure and part of why there is such a feeding frenzy is because of it.

That takes a giant leap to reach. I'm entirely unable to reach that level without proof beyond a couple of off color tweets from 7 years ago.

You were at the point of saying he might have gotten caught up in a fabricated story by Courtney and being guilty of not doing enough due diligence before rushing to break this story. That is FAR more plausible than hidden agenda and shady shit to further that. I just need more proof to reach that.

Yep. I can't say I've been impressed with his work over the years, just that I haven't seen him dishonor his craft with lying either.

He did not do what you are saying. He made an initial article before media day, you know that Meyer was asked about. He then responded to Meyer's claims at that event with a much larger story and at least according to the edit record of THAT article, the Aug1st version had the bit in there about originally seeing the check box and getting a different copy. I do not know exactly what day the police gave him that revised version. The text in that section EXACTLY matches the Aug5th version of the article.

No one has come out pushing him for proof. When he was called out by Carano about her texts, he didn't hesitate to respond and defend himself. That fact makes it hard to slam him for not defending something he hasn't even been asked to defend.

Again, you and some of your fans making this into a big deal is not at all the same as mainstream elements calling into question his story.

And once again, if you were entirely correct it would come out on the OSU investigation report and he would then be fully called out on it and the ball is in his court to respond. We would all be focused on him at that point. No one is saying it is entirely impossible he made things up, lied, or is caught up in something over his head. All we are saying is given his long public track record we need more than than questions to cause a jump to that conclusion. We need proof first.
So you agree that he's a hack, you agree that he's been sloppy and needed multiple edits because his "evidence" was untrue and he never thought to confirm, but you still find it hard to understand why I don't necessarily believe him when he says he actually saw a real report saying Smith was arrested, or why I think he himself was guilty of misreading the report?

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps you can refresh my memory. I don't recall commenting on that story (or even what any of the particulars of the story.)
Oh I remember it clearly it involved SC. The major difference being this involved a DV case involving student athletes. Which falls directly into Title IX and zero tolerance. Where it’s the coaches job to report the incident. As opposed to a staff member who does not fall into the same policies as students. In a chaotic adult relationship. Where the coach could very easily not know the entire nature. I would think a DV involving student athletes would most definitely be the coach and ADs repsonssbity witbput question

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, classic. "Shit he caught me talking out of my ass, better be condescending now".

Ahh you didn’t catch anything?

You literally were arguing the first 75 pages that a report likely doesn’t exist. An then in the question post you just posed to me you admit something else does exist.

That’s interesting.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snook was pressured not to investigate further. If yin are talking Herman it was never denounce he refused to comment.... I'm not saying either report is right. But I am saying theres a lot to question in regards to McMurphy. Definitely wouldnt assume he's providing facts

He was? Do you have proof?

An I’m taking Mcmurphys report with an absolute grain of salt too. But that snook got called out.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was? Do you have proof?

An I’m taking Mcmurphys report with an absolute grain of salt too. But that snook got called out.
Neither has proof that’s kinda the point....Mczmurphy has been called out repeatedly for his edits and confirmation and refuses to answer...

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh you didn’t catch anything?

You literally were arguing the first 75 pages that a report likely doesn’t exist. An then in the question post you just posed to me you admit something else does exist.

That’s interesting.
And that is a complete and total lie. I actually asked you where you're getting the idea that something else does exist. You were doing so much better today, too.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I remember it clearly it involved SC. The major difference being this involved a DV case involving student athletes. Which falls directly into Title IX and zero tolerance. Where it’s the coaches job to report the incident. As opposed to a staff member who does not fall into the same policies as students. In a chaotic adult relationship. Where the coach could very easily not know the entire nature. I would think a DV involving student athletes would most definitely be the coach and ADs repsonssbity witbput question

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5
Oh yeah.

Similar words - very different meaning. In the case of Meyer/Smith/Smith, the involvement is because of personal issues. Meyer and Gene Smith are Zach Smith's supervisors. In the case of the USC student, The coach and AD should not have been involved because it was a Title IX issue, so the Title IX office should have handled it and then the Athletics department should have acted in accordance with recommendations. The same thing is really true here. Law enforcement should handle the investigation of alleged criminal conduct, and the athletics staff then act accordingly in terms of what is found to be true or not.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you agree that he's a hack, you agree that he's been sloppy and needed multiple edits because his "evidence" was untrue and he never thought to confirm, but you still find it hard to understand why I don't necessarily believe him when he says he actually saw a real report saying Smith was arrested, or why I think he himself was guilty of misreading the report?
I agree he's out of his element and maybe out of his league on a big story like this.

I agree that there is at least a possibility he was caught up in her story and wasn't thorough enough to vet out falsehoods. Possible, but not proven yet. I just don't trust his level of journalism to give him THAT free pass.

I have no reason not to believe he actually did see a form with that box checked. The ONLY proof for you that he didn't is he hasn't shown that. That's not proof. That's at best a question raised. Sure, I get you and OSU fans think of him as the devil. We are only a little over two weeks away from season kickoff and your coach isn't allowed near your team because of his story. Entirely understand why there is a bias, but it is in fact a bias.

You need more to get most of us on board with saying he lied. Being a hack and out of your league isn't the same thing as lying and fabricating. The former is at least mildly consistent with his history given he's always had editorial support and now doesn't, the latter requires he suddenly deviates from his past fully and becomes someone we haven't seen before. It simply need more proof. Why is that so hard to deal with?

Why is it so bad to say that if you are right, then after that report comes out so too will the critical slamming of his story and he WILL be put in the position to defend himself or basically commit career suicide right before our eyes? In other words, there is no reason to jump the gun and call him out now before that report comes out.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is a complete and total lie. I actually asked you where you're getting the idea that something else does exist. You were doing so much better today, too.

The only one lying is you. You actually State “Other than anything that would specifically name Zach Smith, which they are not legally allowed to make public.” Basically confirming there’s another report.

You really aren’t doing any better today.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither has proof that’s kinda the point....Mczmurphy has been called out repeatedly for his edits and confirmation and refuses to answer...

Has there been anyone credible to Mcmurphys story calling out the story? Or was that just Snook?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Negative.

He was called out directly by Carano about his story using texts between her and Zack. Once he verified it was really her calling him out he IMMEDIATELY responded in detail.

Show us any other forms of 'been called out repeatedly for his edits' that aren't the endless social media trolls. As in, who in the real world (mainstream sports media at the very least) or people from inside the story calling out his details has he avoided responding to? Please be specific and show links. Thanks.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he's out of his element and maybe out of his league on a big story like this.

I agree that there is at least a possibility he was caught up in her story and wasn't thorough enough to vet out falsehoods. Possible, but not proven yet. I just don't trust his level of journalism to give him THAT free pass.

I have no reason not to believe he actually did see a form with that box checked. The ONLY proof for you that he didn't is he hasn't shown that. That's not proof.
This is all I needed to see from you to show that you're 100% biased. He writes a story, only to change a MAJOR detail shortly after to be the exact opposite of what he's written, and you still side with his story that he definitely saw it even though he himself has given no proof, nobody else has given any proof, nobody else says they gave it to him, nobody else says they saw him look at the report, and nobody else can even say that they have seen it themselves. You are saying that OSU fans need "proof" - Yet you don't say that he needs to prove that he saw this supposed report that nobody on the planet can corroborate.

THIS is why you and I are not on the same page. You cannot possibly say that you're objective and not at least understand where I am coming from here.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah.

Similar words - very different meaning. In the case of Meyer/Smith/Smith, the involvement is because of personal issues. Meyer and Gene Smith are Zach Smith's supervisors. In the case of the USC student, The coach and AD should not have been involved because it was a Title IX issue, so the Title IX office should have handled it and then the Athletics department should have acted in accordance with recommendations. The same thing is really true here. Law enforcement should handle the investigation of alleged criminal conduct, and the athletics staff then act accordingly in terms of what is found to be true or not.
Student athletes is zero tolerance it’s the coach and ADs job to address it. And for good reason. Even looking past a student not being as developed to handle something that’s difficult for adults. But it’s also the coaches and ADs job to account for student safety. The Smiths are not students. As I stated they are adults that appear to be in an extremely chaotic relationship. One would think the duties of the coach and AD are much more pressing in incidents involving students. Than adults on their staff where the full details of the situation play a massive role in how it’s handled.

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he’s repeatedly called him a McMurphy a hack, while treat Snooki as if he is preaching the gospel.
McMurphy has done a poor job if you are judging his work from a journalist's standpoint. I guess the shorthand way to say that is 'hack'.

I wish Snook would just shut up, although I think the information from Courtney's mother (not Zach's) has some value.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only one lying is you. You actually State “Other than anything that would specifically name Zach Smith, which they are not legally allowed to make public.” Basically confirming there’s another report.

You really aren’t doing any better today.
Jesus, you WV folk sure to live up to the stereotype. Do I work for the PD? No. I can't confirm anything, dumbshit. The burden is on you to prove something exists and you can't do it.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McMurphy has done a poor job if you are judging his work from a journalist's standpoint. I guess the shorthand way to say that is 'hack'.

I wish Snook would just shut up, although I think the information from Courtney's mother (not Zach's) has some value.
Well that's not fair.