• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the Chief has said is "if this report supposedly exists", he's never once come close to confirming that it does.

If it didn’t, why wouldn’t he just say so? I mean he has no problem saying Zach Smith wasn’t ever arrested.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Snook said he's had off the record conversations with national media members and some people are saying editors will not allow them to dig on the other side of the story like he did because it wasn't the politically correct thing to do in today's climate

You're wasting your time dude. No matter how many times McMurphy changes a "story" or has his claims debunked. Whether t be non existent police reports or very questionable texts etc...People are going to want to believe what they want to believe.....
While I can't confirm his off the record conversations, that 100% sounds truthful in today's climate.

I know I'm wasting my time, but it's the month before the season starts. Work is slowed down a bit and I've got time during the day. Watching the meltdowns by people on here is at least amusing.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeff Snook said he's had off the record conversations with national media members and some people are saying editors will not allow them to dig on the other side of the story like he did because it wasn't the politically correct thing to do in today's climate

You're wasting your time dude. No matter how many times McMurphy changes a "story" or has his claims debunked. Whether t be non existent police reports or very questionable texts etc...People are going to want to believe what they want to believe.....Just a lot of double standards really

That line of thinking works both ways. Just in case you forgot that.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it didn’t, why wouldn’t he just say so? I mean he has no problem saying Zach Smith wasn’t ever arrested.
Because there are thousands of reports that go through a police station probably in a given month, he can't account for every report that's gone out for the last 3 years. He's covering his own ass, which is what I'd do in that circumstance. However, as I said earlier, the fact that McMurphy was so quick to edit his story and not stand up for it, along with it being 3 weeks now, leads me to continue to be very skeptical this report exists. I've never said it's impossible that it does, but it's highly unlikely IMO.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I can't confirm his off the record conversations, that 100% sounds truthful in today's climate.

I know I'm wasting my time, but it's the month before the season starts. Work is slowed down a bit and I've got time during the day. Watching the meltdowns by people on here is at least amusing.
Its on McMurphy now if the actual investigation says otherwise. And he failed to confirm actual facts before reporting and editing. His credibility is shot. With the job he acquired on Social Media through Watch Stadiumas a result of his "story". McMurphey may be seeking a new job. As he should be

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because there are thousands of reports that go through a police station probably in a given month, he can't account for every report that's gone out for the last 3 years. He's covering his own ass, which is what I'd do in that circumstance. However, as I said earlier, the fact that McMurphy was so quick to edit his story and not stand up for it, along with it being 3 weeks now, leads me to continue to be very skeptical this report exists. I've never said it's impossible that it does, but it's highly unlikely IMO.

You are dumb enough to think he doesn’t remember or can’t look at a police report of an Ohio State football coach? Really you’re going with that now? You and I both know that’s BS.

An I think it’s hilarious you are still ignoring him saying all reports haven’t been released yet.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That line of thinking works both ways. Just in case you forgot that.
I already covered that which goes back to double standards. To claim McMurphys story to be true and assume snobbism to be false. Is one of many double standards i listed.....

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he saw a report that said Smith was arrested, why did he not even one single time stand behind his initial report?
I think I can take a guess here . . probably (as he stated) he was informed that the police report he had seen was not consistent with what had happened.

So in summary: McMurphy's initial report on Facebook was consistent with the evidence he had seen. After publication, that evidence was questioned (specifically as to whether or not Zach Smith had been arrested.) Upon learning that the evidence was not accurate, McMurphy edited his story.

Get it? There are no claims from credible sources that are not 100% consistent with that chain of events - not in what McMurphy has said, not in what the Powell Police Chief has said, and not in anything anyone at Ohio State has said.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are dumb enough to think he doesn’t remember or can’t look at a police report of an Ohio State football coach? Really you’re going with that now? You and I both know that’s BS.

An I think it’s hilarious you are still ignoring him saying all reports haven’t been released yet.
You're dumb enough to not realize there are already two copies of this report publicly available, one from 2015 and one from July? Why is he needing to provide anymore?

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I can take a guess here . . probably (as he stated) he was informed that the police report he had seen was not consistent with what had happened.

So in summary: McMurphy's initial report on Facebook was consistent with the evidence he had seen. After publication, that evidence was questioned (specifically as to whether or not Zach Smith had been arrested.) Upon learning that the evidence was not accurate, McMurphy edited his story.

Get it? There are no claims from credible sources that are not 100% consistent with that chain of events - not in what McMurphy has said, not in what the Powell Police Chief has said, and not in anything anyone at Ohio State has said.
I have no doubt that is probably what happened, but why would he just roll over so quickly and completely forget that he supposedly saw a report that says otherwise? If anything, wouldn't it be worth digging into? He is, afterall, an "investigative journalist".

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody has called him out BECAUSE HE MADE THE EDIT. Nobody is accusing him of still reporting that Smith got arrested.

Please - Answer this one question, without flying off the deep end: if you are a respected, credible journalist, and you see a police report that says someone is arrested and publish an article about it, are you just going to roll over and edit your story? Or are you going to provide proof of what you wrote in the first place? Why wouldn't he stand by his initial story if he truly saw that report?
:L He did go over what happened. FFS man. And I've posted the quote of the story how it existed on the 1st, and the current version now. That part wasn't changed within that story, it was different than his first breaking of this around the time of the media day event. AFTER that event, he was given a revised version of it AND HE STATED AS MUCH in his article.

Sure, I would do things differently. It's clear he's out of his element doing indy work on FB. That is clear as day. At least IMO. He's used to a support staff. He did say he turned to two trusted people to help him with editorial and fact checking before posting the story because he's used to having that level of support. Obviously he's been solo since that posted and he's just bad at the editorial process. That makes him a bit of a hack at the very least and I've called him that since day 1.

You are suggesting because he didn't post some online version of the original document he said he saw, not that he had in his possession, that he MUST be lying and I simply can't wrap my brain around how people not biased and looking for blood can come to that conclusion. Show me where he's been questioned about the existence of this report. If you can't. it's moot. Entirely and completely. Period.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also can't help but point out his idiotic tweet about the judge who "reduced Smith's OVI charge", trying to create a narrative by making sure to point he's an OSU alum (shocking that a Columbus area judge went to OSU) and part of the President's Club (this is for giving $3000 in a year to the university. literally thousands of people are in this club). Also failing to point out that it's not simply a judge reducing charges, but actually that it's the prosecutor and defense discussing/debating evidence and presenting a plea to the judge, who 99.99999% of the time accepts it.

But sure, he's not biased against Ohio State and wants to remain completely objective. Right...

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its on McMurphy now if the actual investigation says otherwise.
In actuality, whether McMurphy flat out lied, or has been completely above board is completely irrelevant - especially to the "investigation" at Ohio State. Either Zach Smith committed a firable offense in 2015 and it was covered up, or he didn't and there is nothing to be seen here.

What matters is what happened, not what people have said about what happened.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no doubt that is probably what happened, but why would he just roll over so quickly and completely forget that he supposedly saw a report that says otherwise? If anything, wouldn't it be worth digging into? He is, afterall, an "investigative journalist".
I can't speak for McMurphy, but my best guess is that he wanted to report what actually happened, and the evidence at which he was looking led him to report something that did not happen.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L He did go over what happened. FFS man. And I've posted the quote of the story how it existed on the 1st, and the current version now. That part wasn't changed within that story, it was different than his first breaking of this around the time of the media day event. AFTER that event, he was given a revised version of it AND HE STATED AS MUCH in his article.

Sure, I would do things differently. It's clear he's out of his element doing indy work on FB. That is clear as day. At least IMO. He's used to a support staff. He did say he turned to two trusted people to help him with editorial and fact checking before posting the story because he's used to having that level of support. Obviously he's been solo since that posted and he's just bad at the editorial process. That makes him a bit of a hack at the very least and I've called him that since day 1.

You are suggesting because he didn't post some online version of the original document he said he saw, not that he had in his possession, that he MUST be lying and I simply can't wrap my brain around how people not biased and looking for blood can come to that conclusion. Show me where he's been questioned about the existence of this report. If you can't. it's moot. Entirely and completely. Period.
There's also the part about him initially saying Earle Bruce talked Courtney Smith out of pressing charges in 09, to now for some reason omitting that part after her mom told him no such event occurred.

Again, he has been sloppy as hell for someone with 30+ years. Yes, he may be used to a support staff but that's no excuse. He has an agenda and he's pushing forward with it while trying to keep his errors as unnoticed as possible. At least we both believe he's a hack.

I don't have to show you where he's been questioned. I don't have time to scour the internet for that. I will just keep saying that it's not normal that he just rolled over and changed his story without hesitation even though he supposedly saw an official report that supported his initial story. That reeks of sloppiness and error on his part.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A guess is not factual. McMurphy hasn’t provided anything that has been actually verified yet. It’s badically been tabloid style journalism. Rooted in shock value. If 11 warriors could provide copies of the police reports they had. And McMurphy could post texts that can’t be confirmed. Or could have been altered by him or Courtney. That’s based on assumptions and speculation not fact. Reporters have done worse especially in today’s age of “media”. No different than we can’t say Snooks information isn’t correct by that standard. Until legitimate reports are released following the investigation from the proper channels. We can’t assume McMurphy or Snook are correct. Just speculation like it’s odd McMurphy seems to be making this personal

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because those "two copies" are completely different from one another.
No they're not. Some parts of the report have changed - one was pre-investigative, one was post.