• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Meyer is getting screwed

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent job paying attention to the important part here. Not a single Buckeye fan is saying he's a great guy by any stretch. I don't know a single one who isn't thrilled to see him go. Again though, way to entirely ignore the part about her crafting a scheme to ruin his/Urban's careers.

Oh come on now. If she had said Smith was a great guy and wonderful husband you'd use that as proof he did nothing wrong. She says angry things and again it's her being the bad person. Is there any scenario where you think Smiths an asshole? Or does everything tell you he's done nothing wrong and Urban handled it perfectly and she's they only problem here?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what confuses me, she got the PPO but the guy was never arrested. I dont get that at all since he must have done something to be in 'clear and imminent danger'.
From what I’ve read, and don’t quote me because I’m not 100% sure. I believe it was granted because neighbors called the cops because Zach was found outside looking in her windows and pounding on her door at 1:30 in the morning?!?

I do not know this as fact, but it was on a timeline I read.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I’ve read, and don’t quote me because I’m not 100% sure. I believe it was granted because neighbors called the cops because Zach was found outside looking in her windows and pounding on her door at 1:30 in the morning?!?

I do not know this as fact, but it was on a timeline I read.
That would do it.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to have to clarify a few of your pronouns for me to answer whatever the hell your question was. But let me take a stab at two possible interpretations.

1) I have no idea what information the panel is looking at or excluding in the current Urban Meyer/Zach Smith investigation. However, I did suggest they examine emails.

2) There was clearly no examination of Jim Tressel's emails in 2010 before the suspension of five players was announced following tatoogate. In that case, the incriminating emails between Tressel and former Buckeye player Cicero happened in April/June 2010. The 11-day investigation wrapped up around December 22 (wouldn't want it to intrude on the Bowl game, after all). The emails were then discovered in the middle of January, indicating that his paperwork filed with the NCAA saying he had reported all possible violations was a complete lie.

Perhaps had they done their due diligence and investigated properly, rather than trying to get it done so as to minimize impact on actual games, they might not have ended up looking so stupid and incompetent.

But hey - why learn from the past?
So you are saying with no prior knowledge the university should sift through all emails to see if there was any other violation of rules? Sorry I disagree. I doubt ND is searching emails for rules violations.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering what your motivation was...
I'm just looking forward to this being over. Or at least the next chapter as no matter what the outcome is there are going to be a huge number of people bitching about it.

I honestly think they are taking this much time just to let the story die down a bit. They already know what they are going to do with this thing and I'm not expecting much. Really because I doubt Meyer did much more than just make a huge fuck up in what he said at media day. At least that's all I'm expecting. Your AD might be a different story if he knew more and didn't do his job, but again I'll wait to see what they come out with.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never once have I seen confirmation of this. McMurphy reported it but never supported it, and as we've already seen, he has no problem making things up for his "investigative report".

Everyone on here, every single one, who thinks Ohio State is the babysitter for their employees's families needs to grow up and live in the real world. Her safety is the responsibility of her family and the police, not her husband's employer.

You have zero idea whatsoever about the "casualties" because you have zero evidence the university did anything wrong. Seriously, everyone on here is going off a report that was taken from one person's point of view that is now being shot to hell by her own mother. It's unreal how you all became so sanctimonious throwing stones without having any actual facts.

If there wasn’t a restraining order granted in 2015 — it’d be all over the headlines. Have you read anywhere that it isn’t fact, or do you think that is one thing OSU faithful decided not to confirm?

And you are right — OSU isn’t responsible to the employees family — they are responsible for the employees they allow on their campus, around their athletes and around their students. They are responsible to investigate thoroughly the reports they are given. If they had done that — wouldn’t a restraining order bring a red flag? Same with a PPO, which is not easy to get from the court.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying with no prior knowledge the university should sift through all emails to see if there was any other violation of rules?
Actually, I would say they have probable cause to go looking for communications related to Zach Smith's employment and/or possible violations of his contract.

Sorry I disagree.
Of course you do. You don't want them to find anything.

I doubt ND is searching emails for rules violations.
Yes - I am pretty sure ND is not searching emails looking for rules violations by anyone at Ohio State.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I would say they have probable cause to go looking for communications related to Zach Smith's employment and/or possible violations of his contract.

Of course you do. You don't want them to find anything.

Yes - I am pretty sure ND is not searching emails looking for rules violations by anyone at Ohio State.
You were taking of sweater vest. Please keep to one subject.
I'm sure when ND players get in trouble the y do not investigate the coach unless there is reason.
I think your high horse is even to high for the great ND.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So arguing that the person that allegedly committed the crime should be held accountable is passing the blame. But, actually passing the blame to the perpertrator's boss is... Say what now?!

The person responsible is already fired. The investigation is into why he was allowed on OSU’s campus around athletes, staff and students after he had a restraining order in 2015 and a PPO in 2017, after Meyer already knew about the 2009 incident.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excellent job paying attention to the important part here. Not a single Buckeye fan is saying he's a great guy by any stretch. I don't know a single one who isn't thrilled to see him go. Again though, way to entirely ignore the part about her crafting a scheme to ruin his/Urban's careers.

You buckeye fans say that about an innocent man, who was defending himself from her violence, and wasn't even arrested? You say she's crazy and has a drinking problem.

You're defending Urbs and the program for following protocol and that nothing was found. Why not defend the REAL victim here, a one Zach Smith who lost his job?

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were taking of sweater vest. Please keep to one subject.
I'm sure when ND players get in trouble the y do not investigate the coach unless there is reason.
I think your high horse is even to high for the great ND.
Right.

If you could just quit using pronouns with no antecedents so that the rest of us would have a clue as to what you are talking about . . . That's be great.

As for my connections to Notre Dame, you would perhaps be surprised to learn that they are exactly the same as my connections to Ohio State.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go ahead and read and then get back to me.
:rofl:

So the story written on Facebook by the once known (but still a hack) McMurphy who is now an indy writer is bogus, entirely.

The story written on Facebook by a no name OSU grad is completely true, entirely.

Sounds legit.

:pound:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they failed to uncover that email until someone reported rumors of Tressel's knowledge to the press. That was the beauty of the 11 day investigation.
Not even close. They were inspecting the emails in response to a lawsuit.

Edited because I knew you would ask:

Chronology of Ohio State scandal

Jan. 13, 2011
While reviewing information “on an unrelated legal issue,” Ohio State’s office of legal affairs finds Tressel’s email exchanges with Cicero.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You buckeye fans say that about an innocent man, who was defending himself from her violence, and wasn't even arrested? You say she's crazy and has a drinking problem.

You're defending Urbs and the program for following protocol and that nothing was found. Why not defend the REAL victim here, a one Zach Smith who lost his job?

Yeah no doubt she shouldnt be treated like that, nobody does but according to recent reports she has been planning to take down Urban and Zach since 2013 lolz

Ok like we have been saying there is no good side here. Move on and get on with your lives. Urban should not be fired. Fact.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no doubt she shouldnt be treated like that, nobody does but according to recent reports she has been planning to take down Urban and Zach since 2013 lolz

Ok like we have been saying there is no good side here. Move on and get on with your lives. Urban should not be fired. Fact.

Very few think he should be fired. He's lost a lot of credibility that he had built up since his days at Florida with the lying that's for sure. He should get some sort of suspension just for keeping this guy Smith for so long. But getting fired does sound harsh. I do think the ADs days are numbered because if Urban did cover his ass and there's paperwork then the school fucked up keeping the guy this long .

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. They were inspecting the emails in response to a lawsuit.

Edited because I knew you would ask:

Chronology of Ohio State scandal

Jan. 13, 2011
While reviewing information “on an unrelated legal issue,” Ohio State’s office of legal affairs finds Tressel’s email exchanges with Cicero.
I stand corrected on the reason the emails were found. However, the point that the 11-day investigation failed to find them is fully supported by your source.

In other words, Ohio State did a slipshod investigation because they wanted it to be completed in a hurry.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand corrected on the reason the emails were found. However, the point that the 11-day investigation failed to find them is fully supported by your source.

In other words, Ohio State did a slipshod investigation because they wanted it to be completed in a hurry.
I wonder does every other university go through the coach's emails every time a player gets in trouble or are they all doing a slipshod investigation ...