• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mets @ Philthadelphia Phillies 5/29-6/2

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ughhh....Mets have fanned 10 times so far thru 6 against Burnett....but he's thrown 110 pitches..which is a good thing, as he's now probably done for the night.....lol

Dave Hudgens must be smiling somewhere....

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS...Burnett takes the mound in the 7th....and of course the impatient Murph grounds out on just 2 pitches...Wright pops out on the 1st pitch.....and Grandy whiffs on 3 junk balls off the plate........lmfao.

LOL at Lamar Johnson.

Stretch time.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mets squander another bases loaded situation.......Abreu whiffs on 3 pitches.....smh

Heading to the bottom 9th still tied at 5 apiece.

Rice replaces Familia.

I smell a philly walkoff here......

Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Montero at this point needs more seasoning in AAA....he's the weak link on the pitching staff IMHO....
He nibbles too much when he doesn't have to....and falls behind in the count to too many batters and gets into trouble...maybe a veteran Catcher could settle him down, but Td'A isn't that guy.....

We gotta get Gee back in the mix ASAP.

This just came across the wire.......as I was saying....^

Buddy Carlyle to join Mets - Mets Blog - ESPN New York

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I must admit, I was not a fan of the Bobby Abreu signing, nor a fan of him being called-up...but, he has in fact actually produced for us......so I'll gladly enjoy my slice of humble pie today...... Yum!!

4-0 Mets....top of the 7th.

LGM!!!

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something needs to be done about Murphy's base running blunders (does he think he's invisible ?? WTF)
And also with Duda's suckage at the plate with men on....(how many runners will he leave stranded.... ....before the mets brass figures these things out? )

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt den Dekker made a u-turn...is now on stand by, as Juan Lagares may be heading to the DL...ughhh

PHILADELPHIA--(6/1) -- Juan Lagares is headed to the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan for a Monday morning MRI of his painful right rib cage as the Mets make initial preparations to put the center fielder on the disabled list.

i

den Dekker
i

Lagares
Matt den Dekker, who was due to fly from Philly to Las Vegas on Sunday night, instead has been told to skip the flight and stick around. Den Dekker, demoted before Sunday's game when the Mets added extra arm Dana Eveland, would be re-promoted for Monday's series finale assuming Lagares lands on the DL, which is expected.

Den Dekker normally would have to spend 10 days in the minors after a demotion, but that rule is waived if a major league player simultaneously is placed on the DL.

Lagares experienced pain in the back of his right rib cage while swinging late in Sunday's game and was pulled in the 10th inning. He had been scratched from Saturday's game, but returned to the starting lineup Sunday after telling the staff pregame that he was OK.

"I started to feel it the other day a little bit. Today I feel it a little more," Lagares said. "When I came here today I felt like normal. I swung in the cage and didn't feel anything. During the game, in my last at-bat, I felt it a little more and I said, 'I have to stop. That's not normal.' It's like in my oblique, in my back."

Although the DL seems probable at this point, Lagares added: "I have to wait until tomorrow to see what the MRI says. Let's see what happens."

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lineups for Monday's 7:05 p.m. finale of a five-game series against the Philadelphia Phillies at Citizens Bank Park.....

Matt den Dekker, in his first start this season, emerges as the leadoff hitter minus Juan Lagares.

i

den Dekker, cf
Daniel Murphy, 2b
David Wright, 3b
Curtis Granderson, lf
Bobby Abreu, rf
Lucas Duda, 1b
Wilmer Flores, ss
Travis d'Arnaud, c
Bartolo Colon, rhp

Phillies
Ben Revere, cf