• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess they can't move to far if Trubisky is the guy

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it.

I keep hearing how this draft is deep with defensive players. Wouldn't surprse me if GM Pace tries to trade down to get additional picks.

I hope I'm right come thursday night.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not buying it.

I keep hearing how this draft is deep with defensive players. Wouldn't surprse me if GM Pace tries to trade down to get additional picks.

I hope I'm right come thursday night.

I really like this years QB crop(well Trubisky, Kizer, and Kaaya anyways) and getting to sit behind Glennon for a year or 2 could really be an ideal situation.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this years QB crop(well Trubisky, Kizer, and Kaaya anyways) and getting to sit behind Glennon for a year or 2 could really be an ideal situation.
Not liking what I saw on Rotoworld about Kizer.
The gist was that his motivation is to just get to the NFL. Not a game film student.
Kizer sounds too much like Manziel and Leinart.
With the rotten history the Bears have at QB, why would you take a chance on a guy like that?

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked Trubisky a lot early, but as of late i'd say Kizer is my favorite QB in this draft class i haven't really seen anything that would make me question his motivation to be a NFL QB the guys i'd worry about are Mahomes who plays very similar to Manziel and Watson both tend to make a lot of bad decisions trying to make a play. In the Bears situation whoever they take gets to sit for awhile and learn the game that should improve their odds.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you this. You can have anybody else for the first three quarters, but there isn't anybody I'd rather have for the 4th quarter of a close game than Deshaun Watson. For whatever reason, when the game means the most his decisions get better, his passes get crisper and accuracy improves, and he just has a way of making everybody around him better. All this talk about intangibles and arm strength and pro-ready system and blah, blah, blah, I'll take the guy that knows how to win games in the 4th quarter over everybody else.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will tell you this. You can have anybody else for the first three quarters, but there isn't anybody I'd rather have for the 4th quarter of a close game than Deshaun Watson. For whatever reason, when the game means the most his decisions get better, his passes get crisper and accuracy improves, and he just has a way of making everybody around him better. All this talk about intangibles and arm strength and pro-ready system and blah, blah, blah, I'll take the guy that knows how to win games in the 4th quarter over everybody else.
tenor.gif

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to have to catch up on the draft later on Thursday night. I have a board meeting and I diappointed because I do really like the draft.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as QB's go, I have a sneaky suspicion that the one that ends up being best of the bunch is someone that goes on day 3

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was the same way. Not that he was a great NFL QB but for some reason a clutch switch got flipped in the final quarter.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As far as QB's go, I have a sneaky suspicion that the one that ends up being best of the bunch is someone that goes on day 3
I think Webb will do well

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow was the same way. Not that he was a great NFL QB but for some reason a clutch switch got flipped in the final quarter.
For lack of a better word, I call it devine intervention. His passes didn't get any more accurate, his decisions didn't magically become Einstien-esque, but the other team screwed up (A lot), his receivers went nuts getting acrobatic, crazy catches... shit just happened to work out. I did believe he was a great leader that could, at times, inspire greatness from those around him when the chips were down though

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there isn't anybody I'd rather have for the 4th quarter of a close game than Deshaun Watson. For whatever reason, when the game means the most his decisions get better, his passes get crisper and accuracy improves, and he just has a way of making everybody around him better.
I think 4th-quarter comebacks are somewhat overrated.
Defenses play prevent. Allow passes underneath.
I see both sides of the argument. I certainly would want a QB that can come through in the clutch.
But I'd also question why he was meh for 3 quarters.
Almost sounds like it's ok to draft Mark Sanchez for 3 quarters then flip the switch to Joe Montana in the 4th quarter.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 4th-quarter comebacks are somewhat overrated.
Defenses play prevent. Allow passes underneath.
I see both sides of the argument. I certainly would want a QB that can come through in the clutch.
But I'd also question why he was meh for 3 quarters.
Almost sounds like it's ok to draft Mark Sanchez for 3 quarters then flip the switch to Joe Montana in the 4th quarter.

Not sure that you actually watched any Clemson games - especially the last two national titles games. .... the kid kept his team within striking distance against arguable the best college defense in the land - plus lead them to a 28-2 record over the past 2 yrs - - I don't think meh, does not do his body of work justice. .... perhaps I'm biased.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that you actually watched any Clemson games - especially the last two national titles games. .... the kid kept his team within striking distance against arguable the best college defense in the land - plus lead them to a 28-2 record over the past 2 yrs - - I don't think meh, does not do his body of work justice. .... perhaps I'm biased.

I admit, I'm both scared and intrigued with the idea of the Bills drafting him. On one hand, he seems to be a Tyrod clone... is he better? Worse? Or just a few years away from being the same? On the other, the problem with the Bills is absolutely not the QB this time. Seems like a wasted pick unless he is actually great.

I'm intrigued, but don't want him... maybe because I really like Taylor.

I'm scared, but don't think I'll be "upset" if he's drafted... I mean, I'd prefer not, but it won't be a Spiller-year type anger that comes out of me.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he does check the box for clutchness he also has the penchant for giving the ball to the other team. His arm strength is also worrisome. I do expect him to get taken in the first round but he is far from a sure thing IMO.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While he does check the box for clutchness he also has the penchant for giving the ball to the other team. His arm strength is also worrisome. I do expect him to get taken in the first round but he is far from a sure thing IMO.

No one is really a sure thing - there is likely a equal count of bust and stars to point at, especially at QB - - teams just have to go with what you see, what you need, and what you like. Tough call, but give me a proven winner.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is really a sure thing - there is likely a equal count of bust and stars to point at, especially at QB - - teams just have to go with what you see, what you need, and what you like. Tough call, but give me a proven winner.
I agree with you point about busts. Tebow was a collegiate winner too. So was Young, Leinart, Leaf, Russell, etc. His film looks solid minus decision making but his combine results and wonderlic are cause for worry IMO. IF he goes to a train wreck team I dont expect him to succeed but if he goes to the right spot he could develop into a strong QB.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you point about busts. Tebow was a collegiate winner too. So was Young, Leinart, Leaf, Russell, etc. His film looks solid minus decision making but his combine results and wonderlic are cause for worry IMO. IF he goes to a train wreck team I dont expect him to succeed but if he goes to the right spot he could develop into a strong QB.

Agree - HOU is by far the best place for him. ....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit, I'm both scared and intrigued with the idea of the Bills drafting him. On one hand, he seems to be a Tyrod clone... is he better? Worse? Or just a few years away from being the same? On the other, the problem with the Bills is absolutely not the QB this time. Seems like a wasted pick unless he is actually great.

I'm intrigued, but don't want him... maybe because I really like Taylor.

I'm scared, but don't think I'll be "upset" if he's drafted... I mean, I'd prefer not, but it won't be a Spiller-year type anger that comes out of me.
Surely they'd go virtually anything on the defensive side, or a running mate for Sammy, right? Hell, they've already got a near clone of Tyrod in Cardale, and there's really nothing all that solid to say Watson is going to be markedly better than either of them