• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everyone's thoughts on Keith Marshall? He obviously missed all of last season and Kelley had a solid rookie campaign. Does he make some noise this year?

I don't think so, but stranger things have happened.

Kelley played pretty darn well. I saw a mock that had the Skins taking Dalvin Cook, but that makes little sense to me. They have many holes on the defensive side of the ball. I will be upset with anything going less than 3 defensive players in the first 4 picks. 1st rounder must address defensive line or safety, IMO.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think so, but stranger things have happened.

Kelley played pretty darn well. I saw a mock that had the Skins taking Dalvin Cook, but that makes little sense to me. They have many holes on the defensive side of the ball. I will be upset with anything going less than 3 defensive players in the first 4 picks. 1st rounder must address defensive line or safety, IMO.

So Matt is done?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No insider info like T might have, but I would definitely agree. Matt Jones was never anything more than a slightly more explosive Alf Morris, who had no power and couldn't hang onto the ball. Marshall is definitely better.

However..Marshall is still nothing special himself, so, given the apparent depth of quality runners in this draft (or at least the depth that I see and hear about) wouldn't be shocked at all if the Skins go RB in the 2nd or 3rd, and it's very possible there's a superior alternative to Marshall available that late. That's just my two cents.

Hell, they could take Mixon in the 7th the way it sounds, and he's definitely better...if he can keep his ass out of trouble

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was duped into the offseason hype over Matt Jones last year... Drafted him in 2 or 3 leagues.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take the blame on Montee...but just for the record, I was strongly opposed to anyone banking on Matt Jones in 2016, even though I encouraged him over Alf in 2015.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I let Matt Jones go when I could have kept him over CJ Anderson. My mistake was letting Gordon go in favor of Anderson and Lacy :doh:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I let Matt Jones go when I could have kept him over CJ Anderson. My mistake was letting Gordon go in favor of Anderson and Lacy :doh:

Well, don't beat yourself over that - - probably 80% of us would have done it too. Based upon the previous yr, who would expect Gordon to perform like he did - not me.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, don't beat yourself over that - - probably 80% of us would have done it too. Based upon the previous yr, who would expect Gordon to perform like he did - not me.
IDK... maybe I look at things differently, but the fact that SD didn't really have anyone behind Gordon and Woodhead made Gordon more appealing to me.
Some owners tripping over themselves to get Henry last year when Murray was there (and successful) - now that's a red flag to me.
But dummy me I completely missed the writing on the wall in my own backyard.
I knew the Bears were not happy with Langford or Carey, yet missed the boat on Howard. who basically went undrafted in most leagues.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK... maybe I look at things differently, but the fact that SD didn't really have anyone behind Gordon and Woodhead made Gordon more appealing to me.
Some owners tripping over themselves to get Henry last year when Murray was there (and successful) - now that's a red flag to me.
But dummy me I completely missed the writing on the wall in my own backyard.
I knew the Bears were not happy with Langford or Carey, yet missed the boat on Howard. who basically went undrafted in most leagues.

True - but the Packers and Broncos really didn't have other great options either. ..... as for Howard, there were a lot of us that missed that one. ....

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was high on Matt Jones last off season, based off draft position and opportunity.
That, and being on a team that I projected to score a lot of points, which they did, but jones didn't.
Was glad that he was over-drafted in my leagues and I only had him on 1 team.

In reflection, I'm willing to make that mistake any time on draft day.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe, etc

Well, for all you fantasypro users, sad news. Most of the features that set it apart from others are now only available for a fee. You can no longer download ranking or print, and the ability to select specific 'experts' are no longer free. There are some 'work a rounds' but the format just doesn't come out the same.

I've been expecting it for a couple of years now. .... that day has now come. Price is reasonable, but still more than zero. .....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@averagejoe, etc

Well, for all you fantasypro users, sad news. Most of the features that set it apart from others are now only available for a fee. You can no longer download ranking or print, and the ability to select specific 'experts' are no longer free. There are some 'work a rounds' but the format just doesn't come out the same.

I've been expecting it for a couple of years now. .... that day has now come. Price is reasonable, but still more than zero. .....

I say good for them. They worked for the respect they've gotten.

Meanwhile, I'm more than fine with the rankings of you fine gentlemen. I really don't feel at a disadvantage reading the thoughts of Treff over Tristan Cockroft. Or SP over Stephania Bell for injuries. Or Better than Average Joe over Matt Waldman. Or Lefty and Bandit over Jamie Eisenberg and Dave Richard. Or Smitty over Fabiano. Or Milk and Foot over "bold predictions". Or Chef over Adam Rank on trade advice. Or BKS and Face over the "Football Guys".

Or Tlance over the Fantasypros champion.... etc.

MBBRL :rockon: ........the :billb:of Fantasy!

Last edited:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say good for them. They worked for the respect they've gotten.

Meanwhile, I'm more than fine with the rankings of you fine gentlemen. I really don't feel at a disadvantage reading the thoughts of Treff over Tristan Cockroft. Or SP over Stephania Bell for injuries. Or Better than Average Joe over Matt Whalberg. Or Lefty and Bandit over Jamie Eisenberg and Dave Richard. Or Smitty over Fabiano. Or Milk and Foot over "bold predictions". Or Chef over Adam Rank on trade advice. Or BKS and Face over the "Football Guys".

Or Tlance over the Fantasypros champion.... etc.

MBBRL :rockon: ........the :billb:of Fantasy!

Can't argue with your logic there - - the main part I'll miss is the ability to download the spreadsheet - rankings are what they are but it did give a really nice format to start out with and modify to your liking (or adjust based upon MBBRL input). ....:suds: