• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melo to OKC

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure. However, one of those trios exists and the other hasn't for what, 5 years? Unless you're playing video games, it doesn't really matter. Harden at that time was not the same as Harden today either. Does that mean you get Melo from 5 years ago too? It's a pointless comparison really.

Westbrook/George/Melo vs CP3/Harden/Nene? Who would you use as the 3rd for the Rockettes?

Harden was always a really good player in OKC. Why do you think he commanded a max and that the Rockets were willing to trade for him?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear NEW YORK,

From the day I first met you, I knew we were meant to be together. It was love at first sight. From a very young age you taught me something that I will never forget- how to survive within the belly of the beast. I must admit it was scary, frightening at times. But, not fully aware of my purpose, I was being molded and prepared for the rest of my life without even knowing. My first nine years went by so fast. By the time I really was starting to understand, it was time for me to move on and start another chapter in my life. That chapter was called BALTIMORE. Instantly, I’d fallen in love again. (Hence the saying LOVE HAS NO BARRIERS). I guess I was all too familiar with the Belly of the Beast. I learned how to survive, I learned the sense of community, I learned about responsibility, as well as becoming a P.O.M.E (Product Of My Environment). You catch my drift. Then I had to depart again to go on this long journey where my ART OF WAR skills would be tested. Lots of good times and lots of bad times. Losing myself at times, questioning myself in the midst of finding KNOWLEDGE, WISDOM, and UNDERSTANDING. Several years, months, days, hours, seconds went by and I found myself having an opportunity to get back with my first love. (Its called CIPHER in my lessons). It was a sense of rebirth.

I came to NYC to B (Be) Born again. The sense of something extraordinary happening left me with a lot of sleepless nights dreaming of possibilities. The one thing I kept telling myself was ‘Make my mark in NYC and I’d be a made man’.

New York equipped me to make it in any other place in the world. It taught me how to Be Comfortable with Being Uncomfortable. Saying Goodbye is the hardest thing to do. I never thought I would, especially to you. No one will ever take your place. It’s hard to find someone like you, so know you will always be missed. You helped me laugh. You dried my tears. Because of you, I have no fears. You came into my life and I was blessed. It’s time to raise my hand and say goodbye. It’s not the end, because like I’ve always said, NYC ‘til the end.

I’ve known you for years now, and I must say they’ve been the best years I’ve ever had. You helped me become the person I am today. I just want you to know YOU will always be in my heart. No matter what happens, I will always LOVE YOU. Although this goodbye is just temporary, this is the hardest goodbye for me to say. I wipe the tears off my cheek and smile at the same time because I know that we will meet again someday. “I’ve had my shining moments, upon this life darkened stage.” And in my BOOK of WONDERMENTS, you will never be just another page. Your bright lights will travel with me far past when all the other lights go out.

“The years pass. The times change. The only thing that survives and transcends this inevitable process, that shines brighter with each new era is the record of a GREAT human spirit that has endured struggle and remained true to its deepest convictions to the very end.” I had to ask myself, toward what goal or achievement am I striving in life? I know life can be full of contradictions. It can be unfair, unforgiving, too. I cannot afford to dismiss it and turn my back to the world. I was given a choice to sink or swim. I’m choosing to swim. ‘Til the very end. No matter how much the seas around me may rage.”

THANK YOU

ThisIsMe7o

Thank you to All My Fans who supported me through Thick and Thin. And those who continued to support The Knicks regardless of the outcome. Thank You to Jim Dolan and the Knicks organization and all the hardworking people that don’t get the credit they deserve. And most importantly, Thank you to the City of New York for allowing me to represent OUR city. 7eace be with you

WTF?

No special shout out to Phil Jackson? Shocked!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats fair for sure about forcing the trade......

I just find it funny with Knicks fans complaining about the guy they celebrated through the streets when they got him........He came to NY as a prolific scorer that was flawed defensively.......To hear people through the years complain about him defensively, well, thats exactly who he always was........He was for the most part exactly what the Knicks thought they were getting, and he took the brunt of the blame for an organization that could not assemble a roster around him that was capable enough

I agree with this.

The reason he caught so much heat was because he got lumped in with the truly elite players in the league. He was overrated as supremely talented scorers with little other impact tend to be. That is not Melo's fault, but if he were the transcendent superstar Knick fans thought they were getting, the Knicks would have faired a lot better despite the overall failure of the organization to surround him with better players.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this.

The reason he caught so much heat was because he got lumped in with the truly elite players in the league. He was overrated as supremely talented scorers with little other impact tend to be. That is not Melo's fault, but if he were the transcendent superstar Knick fans thought they were getting, the Knicks would have faired a lot better despite the overall failure of the organization to surround him with better players.
Well Paul George said today that winning takes priority over signing with the Lakers. It appears that he is either trying to do some good PR or perhaps actually believes Carmello will make them better. It will be interesting to see, but somehow I expect at the end of the season the chances are he will still be calling on the Lakers

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revisionist History with more spin than Michael Jackson.

giphy.gif

Those things factored in.

But, He left for money.

Your GM picked Ibaka over Harden.

James Harden Admits Money Was Deciding Factor in Leaving OKC Thunder
:exploding:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have my doubts. I'll be watching with interest as I like all three guys but like I said earlier, both Melo and PG13 were both Alpha's. One of those guys is going to have to get used to being the 3rd option.
I can't wait for RWs response when PG explains to him that he should have the ball in the "buzzer beater" situation. They may have brought Melo in to mediate....

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant's last year with the thunder, Donovan had them passing and sharing the ball towards the end of the season and into the playoffs. That's how they discovered Kanter and Adams can actually play. And thats how they were able to get a 3-1 lead on ghe warriors. Share the ball, drop the egos and that's how this team will win a lot of games
Their onliest problem will be they will have to beat the team that is KING of sharing the ball.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Paul George said today that winning takes priority over signing with the Lakers. It appears that he is either trying to do some good PR or perhaps actually believes Carmello will make them better. It will be interesting to see, but somehow I expect at the end of the season the chances are he will still be calling on the Lakers

Melo will definitely make them better than they would have been without him.

I think the range of outcomes for OKC is between 50-65 wins. If they gel right, they can be the second best team in the league. But, that depends on Russ and his outlook. I have seen Melo play a complimentary role before and I am fairly certain George is willing also.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the range of outcomes for OKC is between 50-65 wins. If they gel right, they can be the second best team in the league. But, that depends on Russ and his outlook. I have seen Melo play a complimentary role before and I am fairly certain George is willing also.
I am going to go out on a limb and say that much depends on the right coaching. A coach that preaches defense and good ball movement could really help. Actually Phil Jackson would be a good coach for them in some ways. Westbrook and Carmelo, however are not accustomed to sharing the ball, but I do think Carmelo is a better player then most give him credit for and has been given a bad rap in some ways and can be better, but I do think he would be better coming off the bench so that he can get his points when Westbrook is resting.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to go out on a limb and say that much depends on the right coaching. A coach that preaches defense and good ball movement could really help. Actually Phil Jackson would be a good coach for them in some ways. Westbrook and Carmelo, however are not accustomed to sharing the ball, but I do think Carmelo is a better player then most give him credit for and has been given a bad rap in some ways and can be better, but I do think he would be better coming off the bench so that he can get his points when Westbrook is resting.

I agree -- this year will really be a test on Donovan as a coach. I think their big 3 will buy-in -- but not sure Donovan's coaching will be up to it.

Woj just did a podcast with Mitch Kupchak. It was interesting that Mitch said the reason they were turned off Phil Jackson as a coach when they hired D'Antoni was that Phil had told them he was probably only interested in coaching 1 more year. And Mitch/Buss preferred to have more than a 1 year coach.

Captain Confusion

I Can't Remember the last time I was here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with you! People tend to ignore one big factor concerning Melo. The majority of the elite players in the league want to play with Melo because of his skill sets. Most agree he's the hardest to defend because of all his different ways of scoring even now past his prime years. Melo at OKC will be surrounded by two all-stars and a brute in Adams, up n comer in Roberson and a decent coach. Bench - meh but if he lets the game come to him just like when he's in "Olympic Melo" mode then watch out for OKC.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree -- this year will really be a test on Donovan as a coach. I think their big 3 will buy-in -- but not sure Donovan's coaching will be up to it.

Woj just did a podcast with Mitch Kupchak. It was interesting that Mitch said the reason they were turned off Phil Jackson as a coach when they hired D'Antoni was that Phil had told them he was probably only interested in coaching 1 more year. And Mitch/Buss preferred to have more than a 1 year coach.

They can spin however they want, but I would have taken Phil Jackson over D'antoni for any amount of years. With Phil Jackson, Dwight Howard would have bought into the system and most likely Chris Paul would have signed in the summer when he was FA. Jerry Sloan would have been a better choice and Dunleavy as well. Adleman would have been better, in fact my 90 year old mother would have been better:L

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good pickup by the Thunder. Melo's a good scoring option for the team.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden was always a really good player in OKC. Why do you think he commanded a max and that the Rockets were willing to trade for him?

Easy, because every team gets to have one max guy at least, just the way it is. If I were Houston I would have wanted him as well. I don't know that I would be very happy with his playoff performance to date though. It's all about priorities if you want to be a true superstar and Harden has his straight, all in the wrong way.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone told Russ he won't be averaging a triple double this season with the Melo pick up???

That wasn't going to happen again anyway.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone told Russ he won't be averaging a triple double this season with the Melo pick up???

He wasn't going to avg a triple double prior to the Melo pick up. That was required out of him last year due to the terrible team he had around him. Russ prefers to play late into playoffs over avg a triple double