• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McGregor vs. Mayweather

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You confirmed to everyone already, you are a moron. No need to continue doing so.

FYI -- if Mayweather wanted to put a show on for the fans -- he would have knocked him out in the first round and shut everyone up. It didn't happen, not because he 'wanted to put on a show', but because he couldn't. Period.
the show is letting it go, would you care to add any points to things besides calling me a moron? because that seems to be all you have

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice that Conner was throwing a lot of punches that were simply taps. He was just throwing to score and that may have been what caused him to run out of gas. He needed to throw some power punches with those jabs.

When I noticed him keeping his hands down I said Floyd is going to make him pay for that. He did. Floyd was throwing some power punches in the later rounds and they were taking a toll.
dude no ask @TrustMeIamRight conner was balling out on him

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice that Conner was throwing a lot of punches that were simply taps. He was just throwing to score and that may have been what caused him to run out of gas. He needed to throw some power punches with those jabs.
I tend to agree, but half of those punches were McGregor just hitting himself. More punches would have made it worse. If you think about it, Mayweather didn't even need to be there.

But the real action started in the showers later apparently. I'm glad I stopped the PPV before that part began.

Note: This is all information from @SteelersPride. If I messed any of it up, please correct it. It's hard to type with people sitting in my lap.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody who thinks Mayweather could exist in MMA with no additions made to his current skill set is a fucking moron.

I haven't heard even 1 person claim that Floyd would have a chance in MMA with just his current skill set.

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. How TF do they have Floyd winning rounds 2 and 3?

Conor won the first 3, Floyd won everything else, except maybe the 8th. That one was really close.
Thats the best the judges could do. No mma fighter was going destroy boxing on their watch, i just wonder how low the scores would be if they could give a 1-10 rating.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PacMan is younger than Mayweather.

Pacquiao - born December 17, 1978 (age 38)

Mayweather - born February 24, 1977 (age 40)
Not sure what that has to do with what I said since when they fought....they weren't in their primes.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

When I noticed him keeping his hands down I said Floyd is going to make him pay for that. He did. Floyd was throwing some power punches in the later rounds and they were taking a toll.

Simply doesn't punch correctly. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to walk into either of his hands but he doesn't use leverage properly like a boxer does, there were a lot of shots that looked like they were all arms. He can probably learn that (to a degree), but he didn't have it last night. There's a reason Floyd looked pretty much untouched afterwards.

gobigred

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,849,613.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayweather beat McGregor and Mayweather showed his smarts in the boxing ring. Cant fault the guy for simply using the rules that he has known and played by for decades for his benefits.

Thought McGregor come round 9, realizing he really had no shot, should have just gone straight in and brawled Mayweather. You had nothing to lose at that point, so what if you get hit and KO'd, at least give yourself a chance by just going all brawler on Mayweather.

Either way, I guess i'd say I was pleased with the fight. Really surprising to see how weak Mcgregor's punches were.

Bayou Tiger

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Hoopla Cash
$ 600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what that has to do with what I said since when they fought....they weren't in their primes.

I was just pointing out their ages. I remember all everyone was saying back then was that Mayweather waited until Pacman was too old to fight. Most thought Pacman was older than Mayweather.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the show is letting it go, would you care to add any points to things besides calling me a moron? because that seems to be all you have

Anyone who thinks Floyd decided to go 10 rounds in his last fight is exactly that -- a moron. If he wanted to put a show on for the fans and show them how much of a mismatch the fight was -- he would have buried him from the opening bell.

Fact is -- Floyd isn't a power puncher and it went 10 rounds because he couldn't put him sooner, not that he 'let it go' 10 rounds. I said from the get go McGregor would get outclassed in the ring, but what did him in was his gas tank more than anything else.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply doesn't punch correctly. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't want to walk into either of his hands but he doesn't use leverage properly like a boxer does, there were a lot of shots that looked like they were all arms. He can probably learn that (to a degree), but he didn't have it last night. There's a reason Floyd looked pretty much untouched afterwards.

They both looked untouched afterward. McGregor had a small little bruise under his left eye. Neither had any swelling.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who thinks Floyd decided to go 10 rounds in his last fight is exactly that -- a moron. If he wanted to put a show on for the fans and show them how much of a mismatch the fight was -- he would have buried him from the opening bell.

Fact is -- Floyd isn't a power puncher and it went 10 rounds because he couldn't put him sooner, not that he 'let it go' 10 rounds. I said from the get go McGregor would get outclassed in the ring, but what did him in was his gas tank more than anything else.
With some risk taking, he could have won it in the 5th round.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With some risk taking, he could have won it in the 5th round.

He wasn't risking anything. He didn't want to take a chance of screwing up the best record of all time. He did enough and just bided his time until McGregor gassed out.

I was surprised McGregor had enough cardio to get that far into the fight.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't risking anything. He didn't want to take a chance of screwing up the best record of all time. He did enough and just bided his time until McGregor gassed out.

I was surprised McGregor had enough cardio to get that far into the fight.
Oh I agree with you. Just saying that I think it went 10 rounds because Mayweather was playing it safer than what was needed. McGregor didn't have much left after 5 rounds and was content with the payday.

The stamina of boxers is amazing. There was such a difference between the two men.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread got absolutely ridiculous. We had 4-5 separate fights, including one in which somebody actually said; "You wouldn't say that to my face." Which is right up there with the most cliche things it is possible to say online. Probably right ahead of "I'm a 13 year old girl too, we should meet sometime, tell me your address."

Then we had people insisting they stopped the fight too early, and the ref should have let McGregor stand there defenselessly getting hit in the face repeatedly until he got knocked down. Thats not how boxing works anymore, and thanks to sub concussive trauma and everything they've learned about that it never will be again.

Finally my favorite is people piling in to point out Mayweather wouldn't win in MMA, that his skills would never translate. Which by itself would just be kind of annoying, but the fact it is the exact same people who claimed McGregor could box because his mma experience would translate easily to boxing makes the whole thing hilarious.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched that shit show last night. I was drunk as hell, and good thing too. I don't think it'smpossible for boxing to ever be entertaining for me. This was the first boxing match I watched since that Mayweather-De La Hoya snoozefest and last night wasn't much better.

MMA>>>

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched that shit show last night. I was drunk as hell, and good thing too. I don't think it'smpossible for boxing to ever be entertaining for me. This was the first boxing match I watched since that Mayweather-De La Hoya snoozefest and last night wasn't much better.

MMA>>>

Your issue is you watch too many Mayweather fights. His fights are not easy on the eyes. This was actually one of his exciting fights. When you get a chance try watching GGG or Canelo fights on youtube. You will enjoy it

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree with you. Just saying that I think it went 10 rounds because Mayweather was playing it safer than what was needed. McGregor didn't have much left after 5 rounds and was content with the payday.

The stamina of boxers is amazing. There was such a difference between the two men.

I wouldn't credit it 100% to stamina. Though there is probably some truth to that. I think a big part of it is what McGregor himself was saying after the fight. "He's just so composed." Every time you tense your muscles you use some energy. Every punch you throw, every step you take, every blocked punch, even just standing around with your heart beating faster because the crowd cheers or because you're mad about something the other guy said. Or you're worried about the ref warning you.

Mayweather actually probably has less stamina at 40 than McGregor does at 29. But he doesn't waste any of it. Just the fact Connor had never been in that situation before you had to know he wasn't going to be comfortable enough to relax and not waste at least some energy.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread got absolutely ridiculous. We had 4-5 separate fights, including one in which somebody actually said; "You wouldn't say that to my face." Which is right up there with the most cliche things it is possible to say online. Probably right ahead of "I'm a 13 year old girl too, we should meet sometime, tell me your address."

Then we had people insisting they stopped the fight too early, and the ref should have let McGregor stand there defenselessly getting hit in the face repeatedly until he got knocked down. Thats not how boxing works anymore, and thanks to sub concussive trauma and everything they've learned about that it never will be again.

Finally my favorite is people piling in to point out Mayweather wouldn't win in MMA, that his skills would never translate. Which by itself would just be kind of annoying, but the fact it is the exact same people who claimed McGregor could box because his mma experience would translate easily to boxing makes the whole thing hilarious.

It is ridiculous that people thought McGregor could box with Mayweather. His only true shot in the fight was to land the 'golden punch' and knock him out. It'd be the same if McGregor fought any number of boxers in his weight class.

Same goes to anyone who thinks Mayweather could go to the UFC and beat not just McGregor, but anyone. Every UFC fighter would do the same thing to Mayweather -- shoot in, take him down and submit him.

Boxing and MMA are two completely different sports.