• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McGloin moves up to 2nd string

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope he gets a chance to start.

Undrafted rookie Matt McGloin is the new backup.
"Listen, it is what it is," Allen said. "It hasn't worked out like we anticipated and we've got to make decisions and we've got to move forward and continue to go, and [Flynn is] going to continue to battle and scratch and claw, and I still believe that he's a capable quarterback. But we're going to give McGloin a chance.
"I like what [McGloin] brings to the table, as far as his competitiveness. He's got some moxie to him. He just understands how to play the game. And I don't think it's too big for him. I think he'll come in, if he's called upon, to run the offense [and] I think he'll do a good job. He's smart, he throws an accurate ball, he's got good arm strength, he's good in decision-making. So I like what this kid has to work with."

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone fallen faster than Flynn the last 2 years??

Good for McGloin and great for PSU recruiting.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGloin passes for 87yds (no INT) after Pryor leaves with leg injury. This was McGloins first time throwing a NFL pass. Hope he continues to do well and hopefully land a starting job one day.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGloin passes for 87yds (no INT) after Pryor leaves with leg injury. This was McGloins first time throwing a NFL pass. Hope he continues to do well and hopefully land a starting job one day.

BOB can show this to every QB he recruits.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOB can show this to every QB he recruits.

Hell yeah show these kids that he took a walk on in McGloin to a possible starting QB in the NFL. Can't wait to see what OB can do with Hack for 4 years. Hack has a good chance of going in 1st round of NFL draft if continues his progress with OB.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yeah show these kids that he took a walk on in McGloin to a possible starting QB in the NFL. Can't wait to see what OB can do with Hack for 4 years. Hack has a good chance of going in 1st round of NFL draft if continues his progress with OB.

Hack has a chance to be #1 overall if he continues to progress. He has all the tools, the size and the athleticism to make scouts drool already. 4 years with BOB and the system they play along with BOB surrounding him with more speed plus some linemen, look out. Kid is leading B1G as a true freshman in passing yards and his TD/INT ratio is impressive for a kid who was slinging it in HS this time last year. He's also not a product of some whacky spread offense, he's a pure pro style QB in that type of system, which is even more impreassive

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree he could be a #1 pick but worried NFL offenses are going with more running QB's then pocket passers.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree he could be a #1 pick but worried NFL offenses are going with more running QB's then pocket passers.

Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Andrew Luck, Aaron Rodgers, Eli Manning.....top QBs in league all still pro style, pocket passers. What running QB has ever won it all?? Big Ben runs for his life, but he's not a running QB. Offenses may like the idea of running QBs, but they'll have a short shelf life. Hell, RGIII got crushed and hurt year 1.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey leave my RG3 alone :L

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy for McGloin. Walk on to the NFL. :clap:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pryor is questionable for Sundays game against Texans and there is a good chance McGloin gets his first start. Man I hope he dominates and shows everyone what a good player he is, that OB is a great QB coach, that walk-ons can contribute and mainly hard work can payoff.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, if you had told me McGloin would be starting a game in the NFL 3 years ago, I'd have bet my life against it. Good for him, good for BOB in recruiting.hopefully he beats out the former Buckeye for good

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders ruled Pryor out Saturday before boarding their charter flight to Texas.
Pryor was initially injured late in the Raiders' loss to thePhiladelphia Eagles on Nov. 3 but played last week against the New York Giants. He was obviously limited and said after that defeat that he had a sprained MCL.
After missing Wednesday's practice, Pryor was limited Thursday and Friday, though McGloin took most of the first-team reps.
Raiders coach Dennis Allen said Friday he would see how Pryor looked and felt on Saturday before making a decision on the quarterback.
McGloin, who played at Penn State, was initially seen as a "camp arm," according to Allen. But after playing in mop-up duty against the Eagles and completing seven of 15 passes for 87 yards, McGloin is a starting NFL quarterback.
The Raiders should also announce the signing of fourth-round pick Tyler Wilson from the practice squad to back up McGloin.
Pryor leads all NFL quarterbacks with 504 yards rushing. But he wore a thick brace over his knee during last week's loss to the Giants when he was held to a season-low 19 yards on the ground and sacked four times.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They told BOB during his presser that Moxie would be starting tomorrow, Great expression on his face

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy for Matt. :10:

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGloin had a good game with 197yds and 3tds no int. Plus Oakland won. Hopefully this is enogh for him to stay the starter.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McGloin had a good game with 197yds and 3tds no int. Plus Oakland won. Hopefully this is enogh for him to stay the starter.

Apparently he was last one into locker room after on field interview, team was waiting for him with ovation and game ball.