• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDaniels continues his journey to destroy every team but the Patriots

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like there has never been an organization that has said "He's our coach" then fired them the next day?
Not going to say it's unheard of, but it's dishonorable and that has a way of getting around.

Besides, the Colts are a dumpster fire.

Ballard is pretty respected in my NFL circles that from what I can gather/read. Did you think they'd be in the playoffs in year 1 of a major rebuild (arguably the worst roster in the NFL outside of QB?) while inheriting Grigson's shitstorm with Luck knowing what we know now? With a lame duck coach? Luck is more uncertain as there are waffling reports on him.

Every one of you would have dropped out too if the current organization you were working for was the best in the business and offered you the HC position once it opened up, especially if you received a massive pay increase while you waited.

Not really if you have a tight knit field like the NFL. You fuck up that bad ethically and you may as well be tarred and feather'd. Might be nice for a little bit, but your current employer is never your last one; especially in the NFL. It's very much so an NFL fraternity. It's not soulless. Won't have a HC offer ever again outside of NE; or he is so wildly successful people attempt to rationalize this. Gonna bet on the former. When a great deal of coaching is actually networking, that's a problem.

It was a douche move, but it was the right move. Douche to the assistants that relocated, but totally deserved by the Colts.
Victim blaming for what is not atypical operating procedure in the NFL seems a bit rich. McDaniels owns 100% of the blame. Doing otherwise, I can't mince words here, is kind of sad and pathetic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a douche move by McDaniels.

But...

Like there has never been an organization that has said "He's our coach" then fired them the next day?
Every one of you would have dropped out too if the current organization you were working for was the best in the business and offered you the HC position once it opened up, especially if you received a massive pay increase while you waited.

It was a douche move, but it was the right move. Douche to the assistants that relocated, but totally deserved by the Colts.

And Dungy was gifted his HOF jacket by Polian, Manning and his current position as a member of the voting talking heads.
And he is not even good at that due to his constant bias while flapping his cocksuckers.

You know I'm right.

The lengths that Patriot fans are going to defend his actions are ridiculous. IF this was any other team and their coach did this to the Pats you guys would be ripping them up and down every chance you got.

And no I would not have walked away from that Colts position. I don't see the future of the Pats as this all bright and sunny day like I'm sure you Pats fans do. When a HOF QB comes around very seldom do you walk right into another great situation. It takes time to get things back on track. So Brady has maybe what 1-2 good years left in him? What happens after that?

As for the Colts they have a 28 year old QB that if he can get that shoulder healthy is a top-5 QB in this league. So they could be set at the most important position for the next 10-12 years or so with a very high quality player. They have a top-3 pick that could become even more valuable depending on how the QB market shapes up. Throw in they also have a ton of cap space to add talent around the team. I also like their new GM as a guy I think can get things back on the right path.

As for the Pats let's think about this. They could be losing Brady and Belichick in the next few years. Both of those guys have been the foundation of what has helped make the Pats what they are today. You really think that is going to be easy to replace? And we have already seen what McDaniels can do as that hybrid GM/HC in this league. He was down right the worst GM in the NFL during his tenure in Denver. Only took him a year to destroy anything of value that the franchise had built up. Have fun with all of that.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to say it's unheard of, but it's dishonorable and that has a way of getting around.

Ballard is pretty respected in my NFL circles that from what I can gather/read. Did you think they'd be in the playoffs in year 1 of a major rebuild (arguably the worst roster in the NFL outside of QB?) while inheriting Grigson's shitstorm with Luck knowing what we know now? With a lame duck coach? Luck is more uncertain as there are waffling reports on him.

Not really if you have a tight knit field like the NFL. You fuck up that bad ethically and you may as well be tarred and feather'd. Might be nice for a little bit, but your current employer is never your last one; especially in the NFL. It's very much so an NFL fraternity. It's not soulless. Won't have a HC offer ever again outside of NE; or he is so wildly successful people attempt to rationalize this. Gonna bet on the former. When a great deal of coaching is actually networking, that's a problem.

Victim blaming for what is not atypical operating procedure in the NFL seems a bit rich. McDaniels owns 100% of the blame. Doing otherwise, I can't mince words here, is kind of sad and pathetic.

You guys have a sour taste in your mouth over McDaniels, I get that.
I thought he sucked too in the things that I read, granted, not nearly as much as those who actually follow the Broncos.

I thought Belichick completely baited him into drafting Tebow, he ran Cutler and Marshall out of town, and probably countless other things.

And, The bridge in front of him is a whole lot more proven and stable than the one he just burned.

I'm not saying the victim (Irsay and the Colts) deserved to be raped because they were wearing a skirt that ended above the knees.
I'm saying the victim deserved this beating because he backed his station wagon into a row of Harleys.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A dumpster fire that avoided a hot mess....sure thing.

What actions has he shown outside of New England that make you think he is anything but a hot mess? He can't be successful without Brady as his QB. He has isolated himself in many NFL circles. Heck here in Denver coaches asked out of their contracts after just working with him for a year because they couldn't stand him. Players around the league have spoken out against him and how terrible of a person and coach he is. I'm sorry but if McDaniels becomes your Head Coach any time soon he will quickly have the Patriots the laughing stock of the NFL.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels did the Colts dirty I fully agree.
What he did to the assistants was even worse.

Fucking up the team that cost 2 draft picks, priceless.

The other shit I really don't care about but those picks hurt.
Fuck McDaniels, fuck the Colts.

I feel better now.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lengths that Patriot fans are going to defend his actions are ridiculous. IF this was any other team and their coach did this to the Pats you guys would be ripping them up and down every chance you got.

And no I would not have walked away from that Colts position. I don't see the future of the Pats as this all bright and sunny day like I'm sure you Pats fans do. When a HOF QB comes around very seldom do you walk right into another great situation. It takes time to get things back on track. So Brady has maybe what 1-2 good years left in him? What happens after that?

As for the Colts they have a 28 year old QB that if he can get that shoulder healthy is a top-5 QB in this league. So they could be set at the most important position for the next 10-12 years or so with a very high quality player. They have a top-3 pick that could become even more valuable depending on how the QB market shapes up. Throw in they also have a ton of cap space to add talent around the team. I also like their new GM as a guy I think can get things back on the right path.

As for the Pats let's think about this. They could be losing Brady and Belichick in the next few years. Both of those guys have been the foundation of what has helped make the Pats what they are today. You really think that is going to be easy to replace? And we have already seen what McDaniels can do as that hybrid GM/HC in this league. He was down right the worst GM in the NFL during his tenure in Denver. Only took him a year to destroy anything of value that the franchise had built up. Have fun with all of that.

Defending yes, but not going to "Great Lengths" here cd7.
I opened and closed with it was a douche move.
AND if it was any other team beside the Colts, I would not defend at all. They deserve more than McDaniels not being their HC. They deserved lost draft pics and Irsay should have had his team striped from him.
Even the Jets I would prefer to see McD go to.

Luck...When was the last time he played?? What was the last time he was great when he did play? He is a really really good QB without a doubt.
Great? Eh.
So there is a really good QB with a shoulder that is so questionable that he might play again or....?

So the Pats could lose Brady and Belichick in the next few years. I'll go out and say they will within 5.
2 for Tom, 4 for Bill ? 2 for Bill, 4 for Tom? Who knows?
Lets say it's 4 for Bill. Kraft then promotes Skippy and gives him (I'll guess) at least 3 years before he will fire him if he fails. That's 7 years of almost HC pay, vs fail in Indy and out in 2 with nowhere to go.
He has said multiple times that he learned from his mistakes in Denver. His biggest mistake was his ego.
Hypothetically, maybe he checked his ego at the door when asked to sit down with Bill and the Krafts, maybe they reminded him of that flaw and didn't want to see him fail again?

Again cd7, it was a dickhead move. And because it was the Colts, I'm still laughing. I don't even think Sippy is that good, I think Brady is that good. Skippy's eye's are too close together.

But he screwed the Colts!!!!!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels did the Colts dirty I fully agree.
What he did to the assistants was even worse.

Fucking up the team that cost 2 draft picks, priceless.

The other shit I really don't care about but those picks hurt.
Fuck McDaniels, fuck the Colts.

I feel better now.

This!!!
If I could rate this a winner twice I would.

Golden Buzzer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What actions has he shown outside of New England that make you think he is anything but a hot mess? He can't be successful without Brady as his QB. He has isolated himself in many NFL circles. Heck here in Denver coaches asked out of their contracts after just working with him for a year because they couldn't stand him. Players around the league have spoken out against him and how terrible of a person and coach he is. I'm sorry but if McDaniels becomes your Head Coach any time soon he will quickly have the Patriots the laughing stock of the NFL.

Well...he didn't screw anything up in St Louis...

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most open coaching jobs are because the team was not winning. If a coaches ego is so sensitive that they don't want to work for a team that is bad then they should get out of coaching as there are peaks and valleys for all teams. The Patriots have been able to avoid this cycle for a long time and I wonder if they will not fall hard when they fall. In time all teams come down.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Colts will be better off with Reich if they sign him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Colts will be better off with Reich if they sign him.

That was my thought as well. This whole thing might actually work out much more in their favor.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a crazy story to add to the nature of the Patriots is the fact that the Eagles felt like they had to run a false practice where they ran plays they didn't plan on ever running in the Super Bowl just in case the Patriots were filming them. Past teams had told their coaching staff to do something like that because they felt like the Pats had spied on them.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys have a sour taste in your mouth over McDaniels, I get that.
I mean, I get that too; besides the weirdness of telling that to a Chiefs fan (who would have many reasons to hate the Broncos and Colts) but it was objectively pretty bad in Denver under McDaniel's watch. It wasn't exactly "X didn't win a SB, so he must suck schtick." It's not misremembering or hyperbole to say McDaniels was disastrous in Denver, and that this stunt is a red flag that his personality probably hasn't changed that much; a substantial point given that networking matters.

I thought he sucked too in the things that I read, granted, not nearly as much as those who actually follow the Broncos.
Maybe, but it would be difficult to overstate how bad McDaniels was in Denver. Therefore, it'd be kind of irrelevant.

I thought Belichick completely baited him into drafting Tebow
That doesn't speak well of an NFL talent evaluator they thought Tebow was a 1st round QB. Be it via suggestion or otherwise. That's not a hindsight issue, Tebow just wasn't ever good as far as the NFL is concerned. (Don't @ me megalodon30 )

And, The bridge in front of him is a whole lot more proven and stable than the one he just burned.

By the time McDaniels is the HC Brady has a non-insignificant chance of being gone. The foundation of any organization is the HC and QB. Both could be gone (or Brady ineffective) by 2020. I am not sure how stable that can really be. If Jimmy G was there I could see this being valid, but well, he isn't and the current backup is ... Hoyer.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If McD eventually takes the reigns from B.B. he had better succeed and fast. If he coaches himself into a scenario where Kraft has to fire him (not unforseeable) he will have a tough time finding work in the NFL.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, I get that too; besides the weirdness of telling that to a Chiefs fan (who would have many reasons to hate the Broncos and Colts) but it was objectively pretty bad in Denver under McDaniel's watch. It wasn't exactly "X didn't win a SB, so he must suck schtick." It's not misremembering or hyperbole to say McDaniels was disastrous in Denver, and that this stunt is a red flag that his personality probably hasn't changed that much; a substantial point given that networking matters.

Maybe, but it would be difficult to overstate how bad McDaniels was in Denver. Therefore, it'd be kind of irrelevant.

That doesn't speak well of an NFL talent evaluator they thought Tebow was a 1st round QB. Be it via suggestion or otherwise. That's not a hindsight issue, Tebow just wasn't ever good as far as the NFL is concerned. (Don't @ me megalodon30 )

By the time McDaniels is the HC Brady has a non-insignificant chance of being gone. The foundation of any organization is the HC and QB. Both could be gone (or Brady ineffective) by 2020. I am not sure how stable that can really be. If Jimmy G was there I could see this being valid, but well, he isn't and the current backup is ... Hoyer.

All valid.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a douche move by McDaniels.

But...

And Dungy was gifted his HOF jacket by Polian, Manning and his current position as a member of the voting talking heads.
And he is not even good at that due to his constant bias while flapping his cocksuckers.

You know I'm right.

Just shut the fuck up you homeristic moron