• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McDaniels continues his journey to destroy every team but the Patriots

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a crazy story to add to the nature of the Patriots is the fact that the Eagles felt like they had to run a false practice where they ran plays they didn't plan on ever running in the Super Bowl just in case the Patriots were filming them. Past teams had told their coaching staff to do something like that because they felt like the Pats had spied on them.

Good thing they won then....that would not have gone over well. Amazing how far the Pats are in some teams heads. Once again the ignorance of one reporter reporting something false and BB arrogance and complete disrespect on a memo (and lame ass excuse) haunts this team. They were never busted for filming practices or walk through....to be honest, Philly could have given NE defense the play book and NE would not have been able to stop them. Philly could of ran the Pass, Punt, Kick contest and still won. That's how pathetic NE defense was. I always say, good defense always beats a good offense.

TBBishop

The One And Only!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McDaniels was just a pawn. Belichick orchestrated the perfect Deflategate revenge. Embarrassments galore!

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest embarrassment has to be to McDaniels. He's not a man of his word. That's not a good look.

McDaniels may have saved the Colts from making a bad decision. He also may have given a better coach an opportunity to beat the Pats.

In the short term this benefits the Pats because they keep their OC however people don't like working for guys that they can't trust. He doesn't seem like HC material to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots likely have a plan in place to address the QB situation long term and set McDaniels up as the successor to B.B. once he retires. I’m guessing he and Brady both only have 1-2 years left. I’m guessing it’ll open up a new era of Patriots football, but honestly without the brilliance of B.B. and Brady’s presence on the field there is no reason at all to believe the Patriots will be any better than their competition in the East. And that’s assuming the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins only retain status quo (that being only spot appearances over .500/in the playoffs by each of the three). We may see that division be a constant rotation of teams winning it at 9-7/10-6 with the occasional 8-8 division winner.

McDaniels is likely a more savvy football man than he was when the Broncos hired him. I’d expect his tactical decision making during games to be much improved for his theroetical tenure as the Patriots head coach than it was when he delivered the Broncos their single worst season in franchise history in 2010. What remains to be seen is how the Patriots will handle the operational and strategic levels of war. If the limit McDaniels to the game day coaching they’re probably going to be right there with the division competition at a minimum. But if they give him the reigns the way they’ve done with B.B. you can likely expect cataclysmic dysfunction within a few years.

Now here’s a thought: what if the answer lies somewhere in the middle. The Patriots retain bb’s services as GM and McDaniels takes over the coaching duties.

Post Brady this team is going to drop off regardless of who’s steering the ship. But in this last scenario the Patriots will likely remain a somewhat competitive team going forward. If they let McDaniels have full control, assuming they let things run the natural course, I predict a Browns level dumpster fire with 4-5 years.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coach wants to work for him after he bailed on his new assistants? People who uprooted their families and left good jobs? People who will now have to work for someone else, who may not want their style of coaching?

Josh screwed himself in more ways than one, even if he becomes the HC in NE.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coach wants to work for him after he bailed on his new assistants? People who uprooted their families and left good jobs? People who will now have to work for someone else, who may not want their style of coaching?

I agree, if the Pats eventually make him the HC this is a self inflicted gunshot wound they’re going to have to overcome. His reputation is going to damage their ability to round out a staff outside of assistants who maybe wouldn’t get a shot to move up the coaching hierarchy elsewhere. This can potentially really damage their chances of success on the field.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. I want to eat eat healthy, and live. Maybe its your own pissant family who should eat shit and die.
I ate so much shit over the holidays my pants got shorter.
So now I eat paleo shit.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ate so much shit over the holidays my pants got shorter.
So now I eat paleo shit.

What is "paleo", anyway? Just red meat and vegetables and nothing else?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how this seems to turned into a location for outsiders to come and trash each other.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How successful has Denver been without Manning over the past 18 years??

Well, we didn't have Manning for 18 years, which is an odd number. I'm sure it has nothing to do with the fact that just past that magical 18 year mark we won a big game I'll bet.

Anyway, what does that matter? With or without Brady, who's going to accept a job to coach with him? His assistants in Denver hated him and wanted out, and now he's set a new record for shafting his staff - before he even signed the contract.

Stupid on his part, especially now that Willie McGinnest on NFLN has a report saying that Josh DOES NOT have a "HC in waiting" deal in place with NE.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is "paleo", anyway? Just red meat and vegetables and nothing else?

All meat basically. Bacon, sausage, chicken, beef, shell fish, fish. Not processed lunch meat though.
Most veggies and fruits.
The condensed version is avoid sugars and breads and processed foods, much like Atkins.

But back to Skippy.
I still say his eyes are to close together to totally trust him.
And he wears a visor instead of a ball cap.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing they won then....that would not have gone over well. Amazing how far the Pats are in some teams heads. Once again the ignorance of one reporter reporting something false and BB arrogance and complete disrespect on a memo (and lame ass excuse) haunts this team. They were never busted for filming practices or walk through....to be honest, Philly could have given NE defense the play book and NE would not have been able to stop them. Philly could of ran the Pass, Punt, Kick contest and still won. That's how pathetic NE defense was. I always say, good defense always beats a good offense.

Or could it be teams know exactly the lengths the Patriots will go to win even to the point of breaking the rules? Enough smoke has been produced surrounding the Pats and their cheating that there is some fire to it. Maybe it isn't to the lengths that some teams suggest but NFL teams know enough of what is going on. Heck Patriot coaches are throughout the league and some of them have taken the most precautions when playing the Patriots. So again when those kind of things are happening one has to think there is something to it.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His kid committed suicide BECAUSE of him? What a piece of shit comment, Rex. Holy shit you're trash

His kid was gay. Dungy shunned him because of his religious BS and the kid offed himself.

Sucks for you if you don't like the truth, but Dungy is a POS.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think those guys moved their families in 3 days? :L

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think those guys moved their families in 3 days? :L

Well they are all still in Indy...They were promised that even though McDaniels is a jerk at least they wouldn't be and fire them just a few days after hiring them. So while I'm sure the families have not got there yet I would bet they are not far behind.

Beyond that though here is the issue. Almost all other teams around the league have their coaching staffs full. These guys told the jobs they were at that they were going to the Colts with McDaniels. So those teams moved on and hired other people to replace them. So this situation could have gotten very ugly for these guys of having quit their old job and the job that was promised to them being gone because the Ownership/Head Coach didn't actually want them. Thankfully the Colts were very honorable in this situation and agreed to uphold the contracts.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His kid was gay. Dungy shunned him because of his religious BS and the kid offed himself.

Sucks for you if you don't like the truth, but Dungy is a POS.

First i'm hearing of this. All I remember hearing was that his son was dealing with depression. You got a link or some sort of proof to cite this otherwise half-baked bullshit reasoning to justify your bullshit stance on dungy? Or are you really just that big of a piece of shit?