• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McCoy and the Browns have no problem with Detroit

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you guys may not care but the teams do or they wouldnt be using the thing, I believe in stockpiling picks too, but if the teams bring it up and I heard Scheffler talk about teams using the calculator time and time too during the draft, its an important tool the teams use even though fans dont like it

you need a standard. it's good to gauge value, but it's not the be all end all of the draft...

If the Bengals have #1 pick and Andrew Luck is on the clock does he have the same value as Cam Newton did this yr?

How do you account for the value of Falcons 2012 picks? do you assume they're going 13-3 and losing in the 2nd rd of the playoff again? in a conference with the Saints, Eagles, Packers, the Bears and even the Cowboys do you assume that the Falcons are making the SB?
that trade offer was more than fair. it was a gift

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
he looks for easy ways out, I think he once made a trade years ago where he got 2 first rounders and draft 2 dud LBs and after that he stop trading for the longest time and then the Chris Perry trade scarred him 20 more years I believe

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you need a standard. it's good to gauge value, but it's not the be all end all of the draft...

If the Bengals have #1 pick and Andrew Luck is on the clock does he have the same value as Cam Newton did this yr?

How do you account for the value of Falcons 2012 picks? do you assume they're going 13-3 and losing in the 2nd rd of the playoff again? in a conference with the Saints, Eagles, Packers, the Bears and even the Cowboys do you assume that the Falcons are making the SB?

I remember Scheffler saying that the first 6 picks in the draft hold a huge amount of value in the calculator, look I understand you hate the calculator, all Im saying is the so called experts believe in it and thats why the Bengals receive literally no criticism from them during the NFL draft, they actually praised the Bengals working of the draft, gave them higher grades than Cleveland, they also gave Atlanta high marks for getting Jones

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I remember Scheffler saying that the first 6 picks in the draft hold a huge amount of value in the calculator, look I understand you hate the calculator, all Im saying is the so called experts believe in it and thats why the Bengals receive literally no criticism from them during the NFL draft, they actually praised the Bengals working of the draft, gave them higher grades than Cleveland, they also gave Atlanta high marks for getting Jones

why are you saying I hate the calculator?

NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN

the 4th pick is worth 1800 points.

assuming the Falcons pick 27th overall again next season 1360 (for their 1st rd +picks 310 for the their 2nd rd pick and 100 pts for their two 4th rd picks is 1770... it's absolutely fair trade value.

given the strength of the Falcons division I don't see them going 13-3 again. It'd be tough for them to even repeat as division champs. in that case you clearly win the points battle unless they're playing in the conf champ game or make the SB...

it's rare that a team is willing to sell the farm to move up for a top 5 pick. the Bengals hit the jackpot and turned down the deal.

it was a good deal for both teams. the Falcons are rolling the dice that they're one player away. they're in a position to make that sort of bold move. the Bengals should be going into a rebuilding mode..

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
A few things the calculator doesn't account for:

1) The value of multiple picks to a team sorely lacking in talent.

2) The value of the 4th pick this season relative to another season. See futball's comparison of Newton and Luck. And I guarantee next year's 4th pick will be mre valuable than this season as top quality QB's will still be available. Relatively speaking, this was a very weak draft class at the top.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
why are you saying I hate the calculator?

NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN

the 4th pick is worth 1800 points.

assuming the Falcons pick 27th overall again next season 1360 (for their 1st rd +picks 310 for the their 2nd rd pick and 100 pts for their two 4th rd picks is 1770... it's absolutely fair trade value.

given the strength of the Falcons division I don't see them going 13-3 again. It'd be tough for them to even repeat as division champs. in that case you clearly win the points battle unless they're playing in the conf champ game or make the SB...

it's rare that a team is willing to sell the farm to move up for a top 5 pick. the Bengals hit the jackpot and turned down the deal.

it was a good deal for both teams. the Falcons are rolling the dice that they're one player away. they're in a position to make that sort of bold move. the Bengals should be going into a rebuilding mode..

sorry for singling you out, but guys were coming at me from all sides, sorry, my point was "the Bengals made another stupid move" by not trading with Atl wasnt completely fair in this instance when other experts say they did the right thing, thats all Im saying

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Other experts did not say the Bengals did the right thing. They said the Bengals had a good draft based solely on whom they selected. What the experts didn't say is the Bengals would have had a better or worse draft had they made the trade because they don't know who the Bengals would have selected.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think AJ Green is going to be a star. But, with a rookie QB his impact will be mitigated for a few years. If Palmer or Hasselbeck or another veteran QB were here, the pick would be a better one to me.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is look at the picks that were around the 27th pick. Who is there that would have really helped us? There were no Safeties worth that pick, no OG, no other WR's. Who would we have took?

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Luck has much more value than Newton did.

Luck is an actual pro QB that is actually number one pick worthy, Newton got picked number one because he was the top QB in the class and the Panthers needed a quarterback.

icehole3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Other experts did not say the Bengals did the right thing. They said the Bengals had a good draft based solely on whom they selected. What the experts didn't say is the Bengals would have had a better or worse draft had they made the trade because they don't know who the Bengals would have selected.

they basically said the Bengals needed a QB and they all gave them a B or better, look you win the argument OK, youre right Im wrong and you can continue to slam the decision all you want we're not going to agree so have fun being pissed

Mel Kiper Jr. Grades The Bengals With A Rare "A" For The 2011 NFL Draft - Cincy Jungle

NFL Draft 2011: Pete Prisco Hands The Bengals His Grade - Cincy Jungle

ProFootballWeekly.com - Patriots, Browns land AFC's highest draft grades

NFL Draft grades: Lions, Patriots ace their tests; Jets swing and miss - NFL - Sporting News

NFL draft grades: How your favorite team fared with picks - USATODAY.com

2011 NFL Draft Grades: Is No. 1 Pick Cam Newton a C? | Bleacher Report

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I just like to deal with the facts, it has nothing to do with being "pissed".

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is anyone shocked at any of this. MB owns this team.