• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide 'A' Draft

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what, I will actually keep track of the suicide A vs. suicide B challenge. We aren't going by final record or any of that crap though, we are going head-to-head each week against the other team that drafted from your spot. So it will be:

Joe v. Femorov
Lefty v. Shady
TKO v. EHB
Ram v. BK
Rlance v. Milk
Fuzzy v. OBX
Barilko v. Ritzarmy
Foot v. Stomp
Bandit v. Steelers
Sam v. Harold
Monkey v. Face
Treff v. Trudem

Each week those teams will go head-to-head against each other and we will see how it stands after the 14 regular season weeks. I'll even include it as part of the standings I do each week. That is like three months away though, so somebody might have to remind me once the season gets here. LOL.

This may sound a bit cocky but I feel like I drafted a better team than Ram

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to get this so it isn't such an eye test... But here's the averages from both drafts, separated by position.

18740525_1491115664286375_5714047535121980188_n.jpg

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like West more than Dixon, Dixon can excel as a situational guy, but that's not necessarily an indicator of a strong fantasy asset. i think it was a good call

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I have to totally disagree with that assessment. Dixon is the FAR more talented player in all aspects. Not going to say West wasn't a good pick in rd 11, but once Dixon comes back he will be the lead back, pure and simple. West is not a bad back, but Dixon easily better.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like West more than Dixon, Dixon can excel as a situational guy, but that's not necessarily an indicator of a strong fantasy asset. i think it was a good call

Well definitely think that West will be a better asset than Dixon this season at least. Dixon is more of a pass catching phenomena then a run between the tackles type. He got Woodhead blocking him this year for that role, he's suspended on top of that. At best he'll be part of a committee. But he'll have missed a chunk of time. Now let's talk about his injury history, it's not pretty. Starting with his college career, then looking at his first year as a pro, not encouraging at all.
Not impressed with West what so ever...yet rather have him in a redraft for this season. Could end up eating that opinion IDK.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem -
  • Interesting side note.. when Your Hyde goes down, my Williams becomes a strong play
I absolutely love the fact that this says when, not if. Like it's just a matter of fact. LOL

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tried to get this so it isn't such an eye test... But here's the averages from both drafts, separated by position.

Joe slowly taking in your chart. What struck me is other then Fournette, the A league bet on rookie RB siooner then the B league. Intneresting

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I absolutely love the fact that this says when, not if. Like it's just a matter of fact. LOL
Well, I'd bet on Hyde getting injuries and missing games. After all he has ever year so far, seems like a good bet.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe slowly taking in your chart. What struck me is other then Fournette, the A league bet on rookie RB siooner then the B league. Intneresting
Don't get me started on rookies.
Especially in this format.
Even players we think will get touches disappoint in Suicide.
And to add rookies who still have to prove themselves in ALL ASPECTS of the game into the mix is just plain crazy.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well definitely think that West will be a better asset than Dixon this season at least. Dixon is more of a pass catching phenomena then a run between the tackles type. He got Woodhead blocking him this year for that role, he's suspended on top of that. At best he'll be part of a committee. But he'll have missed a chunk of time. Now let's talk about his injury history, it's not pretty. Starting with his college career, then looking at his first year as a pro, not encouraging at all.
Not impressed with West what so ever...yet rather have him in a redraft for this season. Could end up eating that opinion IDK.

I actually agree with Harold here. I'd rather have Dixon in a keeper/dynasty league but I'd rather have West this year. Not only is Dixon going to miss the first four games, but you also have to put their bye week in that, so he's missing 5 of the 14 regular season fantasy games. Plus, they are not going to just throw the main ball carrier duties to him in week 5, I don't care how bad West is, because remember that Dixon also can't practice during those four weeks. At best I see him being in a committee from weeks 5 to 7 until their bye in week 8, then taking over primary ball carrier duties in week 9. No matter what though, Woodhead is going to steal some touches from both those guys if he can stay on the field. The biggest reason I would rather have West this year though is the amount of times that guys come back from suspension or injury during the season and then end up getting hurt because the team tries to rush them back too quickly.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well damn Joe you beat me to this, but that's okay, now I don't have to figure out how to try and format it so people can actually read it. You did a much better job with that than I did.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn Joe you beat me to this, but that's okay, now I don't have to figure out how to try and format it so people can actually read it. You did a much better job with that than I did.
Want me to send you the file?

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when Williams fumbles inside the 30 a couple times, then undrafted Tim Hightower becomes the key RB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And to add rookies who still have to prove themselves in ALL ASPECTS of the game into the mix is just plain crazy.

Well Joe I heisantly drafted one rookie, and in hind site maybe should of drafted Snead, but it was late in the draft and it looked like a good situation for the rookie.....but then so did ztreadwell so IDK, feel late in the draft is the time to place your bet on a unsure thing, because by then it's all unsure anyways.:nod:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IDK, feel late in the draft is the time to place your bet on a unsure thing, because by then it's all unsure anyways.
Well that's what seems to burn a lot of suicide owners if you ask me.
It burned me last year. Actually, seems like every year.
After we draft our starters we (some owners) start taking chances on players who we think have a higher ceiling.
Sadly, if your starters go down, the long shot players are still working on the foundation meaning that the ceiling is a long way off.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After we draft our starters we (some owners) start taking chances on players who we think have a higher ceiling.
Sadly, if your starters go down, the long shot players are still working on the foundation meaning that the ceiling is a long way off.

this is a catch 22 though... if you lose a heavy hitter, you kind of need a heavy hitter replacement to WIN(who cares about SECOND PLACE??). so if you need that heavy hitter, then what is more likely to become that, a safe player that is good for 5 points per game or a high ceiling guy??

you have to expect to lose players, sometimes plug and plays just don't cut it...

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are not all the players late in the draft long shots? Other then Snead, I don't see other vets providing much, so the bar is set low.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are not all the players late in the draft long shots? Other then Snead, I don't see other vets providing much, so the bar is set low.
Not necessarily. There were a few notable WR2 still available. As well as some 3rd down, pass-catching RB. But rookies won out again.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are certainly entitled to your opinion but I have to totally disagree with that assessment. Dixon is the FAR more talented player in all aspects. Not going to say West wasn't a good pick in rd 11, but once Dixon comes back he will be the lead back, pure and simple. West is not a bad back, but Dixon easily better.
Oh he's more talented, no doubts. .i just feel his niche is going to be more situational, not every down, not quantity. . Hence, not reliable in fantasy terms

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did my best to avoid the rooks, still think Zeke is an outlier, not the norm.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if only a couple RBs from this class perform in yr 1. Tough sledding learning that pro playbook for most