• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MBBRL Suicide 'A' Draft

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At pick three, it's TKO vs @ehb5

I think I get my ass whooped. Couple things: Dez in the second I was close, but didn't as my first pick was also a Cowboy. I strongly considered Ebron late, which might make my Graham pick a mistake. Also, I was very upset at missing Snead.

QB - Rodgers and Kirk vs Newton and Tyrod. Edge to me, but any given week Cam and Ty can explode.
RB - Zeke, Lacy, Henry, Riddick vs Bell, Cook, Henry, Perine. Pretty even. All depends on Lacy vs the rookies, as we both have Henry as plan B.
WR - Adams, Meredith, Jackson, Wallace vs Dez, Hopkins, Pryor, Snead, Mike Williams. Williams is overkill, but big edge to ehb5 here.
TE - Graham vs Ebron. Edge to me.
DST - NYG, TB vs WASH. Two is better than one? (Good debate for DST2 vs WR5)
K - Prater vs Hopkins. Kickers.

All my edges are slight. His WR edge is major.

R - TKO - EHB

R1 - Zeke - Bell
R2 - Rodgers - Dez
R3 - Adams - Hopkins
R4 - Graham - Pryor
R5 - Meredith - Cook
R6 - Lacy - Henry
R7 - Henry - Perine
R8 - Jackson - Newton
R9 - Cousins - Snead
R10 - Riddick - Taylor
R11 - Wallace - Williams
R12 - NYG - Ebron
R13 - TB - WASH
R14 - Prater - Hopkins

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This one is close. I for one doubt Lynch plays the whole season, so AP cutting into Ingrams touches may not matter. Edelman isn't worth much in standard leagues ( real nice in PPR though), however Benjamin blow up to OL size so IDK, besides Panthers added a lot of other options. De finely like Rogers over Cam, not even close there, could actually be the difference. Still like Crabtree over Shepard and really like Rams bench over bksballer bench. Should be very close IMO.

Curious into why you think Lynch will be getting hurt? And early in the year I presume if he won't be fantasy relevant for long..

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curious into why you think Lynch will be getting hurt? And early in the year I presume if he won't be fantasy relevant for long..

Well he has some problems staying healthy before he retired. Don't see how a siesta helps him much, rather the opposite, once those punishing hits happen, it will be like he never left. Just don't see a full season out of him, certainly I could be wrong. However it's not like he got younger or had some surgery to make it all better.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll tell you what, I will actually keep track of the suicide A vs. suicide B challenge. We aren't going by final record or any of that crap though, we are going head-to-head each week against the other team that drafted from your spot. So it will be:

Joe v. Femorov
Lefty v. Shady
TKO v. EHB
Ram v. BK
Rlance v. Milk
Fuzzy v. OBX
Barilko v. Ritzarmy
Foot v. Stomp
Bandit v. Steelers
Sam v. Harold
Monkey v. Face
Treff v. Trudem

Each week those teams will go head-to-head against each other and we will see how it stands after the 14 regular season weeks. I'll even include it as part of the standings I do each week. That is like three months away though, so somebody might have to remind me once the season gets here. LOL.

Okay so since most everybody seems to be on board with this, what do you guys think of this. We will do the head-to-head exactly as is for 11 weeks (I'm choosing 11 since hopefully then there won't be any ties). Starting in week 12, each of the head-to-head teams with the better record make the "playoffs" and will be seeded according to their overall points for the season. The top 4 seeds will all get byes for week 12 and the rest will play against each other:

#5 vs. #12
#6 vs. #11
#7 vs. #10
#8 vs. #9

The winners all advance and just like in the NFL playoffs, the #1 seed gets to play the lowest remaining seed, so in this example we are just going to say that all the favorites won, so in week 13:

#1 vs. #8
#2 vs. #7
#3 vs. #6
#4 vs. #5

Then the same thing for week 14:

#1 vs. #4
#2 vs. #3

And the winners face off in the championship which will be for two weeks (total points combined for weeks 15 and 16).

That way we've really kind of created a new league and get to have the ultimate MBBRL Suicide champion. I would even go as far as to say that if a B leaguer is victorious, then next year, they must be referred to as the Suicide A league instead. (Not that A is in any way a step above B in suicide now, but just so something gets won). Thoughts????

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay so since most everybody seems to be on board with this, what do you guys think of this. We will do the head-to-head exactly as is for 11 weeks (I'm choosing 11 since hopefully then there won't be any ties). Starting in week 12, each of the head-to-head teams with the better record make the "playoffs" and will be seeded according to their overall points for the season. The top 4 seeds will all get byes for week 12 and the rest will play against each other:

#5 vs. #12
#6 vs. #11
#7 vs. #10
#8 vs. #9

The winners all advance and just like in the NFL playoffs, the #1 seed gets to play the lowest remaining seed, so in this example we are just going to say that all the favorites won, so in week 13:

#1 vs. #8
#2 vs. #7
#3 vs. #6
#4 vs. #5

Then the same thing for week 14:

#1 vs. #4
#2 vs. #3

And the winners face off in the championship which will be for two weeks (total points combined for weeks 15 and 16).

That way we've really kind of created a new league and get to have the ultimate MBBRL Suicide champion. I would even go as far as to say that if a B leaguer is victorious, then next year, they must be referred to as the Suicide A league instead. (Not that A is in any way a step above B in suicide now, but just so something gets won). Thoughts????

Suicide League for the winner

Other League for the loser

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of relegation for any reason in suicide. Too much chance involved.

I meant the names of the league. With the people moving up and down in the regular league, we need a league where you still play against the ones you started playing against. In other words, no to relegation in these leagues.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Trudem -
Our own mini Mandolorian Clan wars, courtesy of the Bandit.. awesome yea?

The tale of the tape:
  • QB- Ryan (6.1) vs Wilson (8.1)- i think I've got the edge here, though any given week, RW can go
  • RB1 - Ajayi (1.12) vs Hyde (3.12)- well, i would hope my 1st round pick had an edge over your 3rd. Especially after week 4 when he splits time between the training room and the field ;)
  • Rb2 - Blount (5.12) vs McAffrey (4.1) - here's where it gets interesting. My guy has a proven track record, and has nearly zero competition for carries, especially goalline, but is on a new team, without the GOAT. Your guy is a rookie (whom i LOVE) and the ceiling is immeasurable..but JStew isnt gonna just roll over either. . Especially around the goalline. I'll take the diplomatic approach and call it a push...a push either of us could win in a landslide.
  • WR1 - M. Thomas (2.1) vs M. Evans (1.12) - you've got me here, but Thomas isn't far behind.
  • WR2 - T. Pryor (3.12) vs AJ Green (2.1) - again you've got me here, but i feel it's a smaller edge than it appears at first glance.
  • WR3 - D. Thomas (4.1) vs S. Diggs (8.1) i have a fairly deep seated bias against Diggs, so i won't dwell on this one, edge me
  • TE - Bennett (10.1) vs Ertz (11.12) - considering Monkey sniped Ertz the pick in front of me when i took Bennett, I'll obviously be giving you the edge here.
  • D/ST Raiders vs Jags (both 13.12) seems pretty even, although the Jags do have a better schedule, they also have a bad, turnover prone offense, and the Raiders have Mack and a stud returner. . I'll give it a push.
  • K - Sebass vs Crosby - you've probably got that one, but get it's kickers, would either of us really put much into it?
  • Bench RB's..i went 2 RB's (L. Murray and J. Williams) you went two RB's ( Abdullah and Tymo). Your two have an easier path to touches, but have missed considerable time, often. My two most likely play all 16 games, but have greater competition for touches. Interesting side note.. when Your Hyde goes down, my Williams becomes a strong play :)
  • Bench WR's - again, 2 x 2..i went Perriman and Smoke, you went Meredith and Smoke. The edge here depends on Kevin White..if he finally becomes what he was supposed to be, and actually stays upright, id give it to me, if not, Meredith blows them all away.
  • QB2 - Prescott (10.1) vs Rivers (9.12) - hopefully they don't matter more than one week each, but, Rivers will likely be more consistent
We're looking petty damned even in my book. . It'll be a win one, lose one type season I think, fitting for a Mando civil war, don't ya think?
I like it. I'm prepping for another store championship today. I'll be able to dig deeper on Tuesday but I think you did a great job!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At pick three, it's TKO vs @ehb5

I think I get my ass whooped. Couple things: Dez in the second I was close, but didn't as my first pick was also a Cowboy. I strongly considered Ebron late, which might make my Graham pick a mistake. Also, I was very upset at missing Snead.

QB - Rodgers and Kirk vs Newton and Tyrod. Edge to me, but any given week Cam and Ty can explode.
RB - Zeke, Lacy, Henry, Riddick vs Bell, Cook, Henry, Perine. Pretty even. All depends on Lacy vs the rookies, as we both have Henry as plan B.
WR - Adams, Meredith, Jackson, Wallace vs Dez, Hopkins, Pryor, Snead, Mike Williams. Williams is overkill, but big edge to ehb5 here.
TE - Graham vs Ebron. Edge to me.
DST - NYG, TB vs WASH. Two is better than one? (Good debate for DST2 vs WR5)
K - Prater vs Hopkins. Kickers.

All my edges are slight. His WR edge is major.

R - TKO - EHB

R1 - Zeke - Bell
R2 - Rodgers - Dez
R3 - Adams - Hopkins
R4 - Graham - Pryor
R5 - Meredith - Cook
R6 - Lacy - Henry
R7 - Henry - Perine
R8 - Jackson - Newton
R9 - Cousins - Snead
R10 - Riddick - Taylor
R11 - Wallace - Williams
R12 - NYG - Ebron
R13 - TB - WASH
R14 - Prater - Hopkins

We shall see. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I feel like my team could really blow up (for good or for bad) so im not sure what to expect.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost forgot...
@leftypower
... thanks for inputting the names so quick. And in the order they were drafted!!
Bravo der commissar. :clap:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my turn ill try

Amazing Write Ups

Great Work Gang!! :clap::clap::clap::suds::suds::suds:

Round 1. (7) Julio Jones

Originally i thought i would be choosing between Shady-Jones-Evans-with Fuzz grabbing McCoy i was down to 2 and my heart won out as i have had Jones in my keeper since his rookie year and i love watching him play
it is suicide so Evans may be the safer choice yet.....

oh ya i did think about Gordon and i think ol Smoke did well at 11

Round 2. (18) Leonard Fournette

I was going Wr again if Green or Hilton slid here but didn't expect them to
I wrestled with Dez for a quick sec but no..time for Rb with the above 2 wr gone

Gurley-Miller-Rookie- well DoublEE he wont be yet Fournette appears to be in a perfect spot (and with that name he could have been raised on my street)

Round 3. (31) DeAndre Hopkins

Only him and A Robinson crossed my mind (ok and maybe Cooks) too much talent to let him go by and maybe just maybe Savage or Watson get him the ball (bonus my new fave Texan on the O side of the ball with Andre Jonson now just a memory) De Andre replaced The Andre ...

Round 4. (42) Paul Perkins

This could be one of my most important picks to make or break my season

Had A Rob or Alshon still been there i would have started 3wr -1rb and did think long and hard about Sammy Watkins who went next

Well Sammy's injury history (and a list of Wrs that i put in the same tier ahead) i figured one could be had in round 5

I like Perkins ahead of the older guys that were there (All Day Gore etc ) Ware considered as well Paul won out enough said

So here i have a nice balance after 4 picks 2 very young Rbs however great spots for both

Round 5. (55) Jordan Reed

First off see round 4 above none of the Wrs from my tier were left so...

Gronk obviously gone but now with my boy Jimmy G and Kelce gone i admit the prior picks edged me on quite a bit

At this time the choice of a stud(or almost) TE/Qb outweighs any Wr who becomes Wr3 on my team

Simply put Fuzz sniped Luck my choice so i went TE

Again an important make or break in my eye with Jordan's scary injury history

i considered Olsen but wanted a happy @Bandit picking soon after ...

Ok after 5 rounds i need to tell ya that i could easily have @Yellow Fuzzies team
and i do mean almost all of it

he picked Shady 1 spot before

round 2 was Fournette or Gurley (however had he taken Jones in 1 and Shady to me then round 2 would not have the same snipe as i would have went Wr here

round 3 Hopkins or Cooks
round 4 Perkins or Sammy
round 5 Luck (f... changed the rest of my draft

back on point

Round 6. (66) Corey Davis

another rookie ^^^ the Devil made me do it

i would have taken Ryan here after missing Luck and though he would make it
oops @TREFF i seriously though you would build more and grab Carr a little later

so now im filling WR 3 and though a rook he may be ok he surely will have opportunity and the bye was right (one day one day a rook wr will do well) Please...

Round 7 (79) Doug Martin

The Qbs are gone where i would draft them so my first bench player
though about Ben (he will age one day wont he?) but still good targets next round
a solid RB though on suspension could pay off long term

Round 8 (90) Marcus Mariota
Round 9 (101) Phillip Rivers

After losing on Luck and later Ryan i really did expect to go back to back round about now

I have the rook Corey Davis thus i leaned towards Mariotta it was him or Winston or hopefully both

well not both so Eli is my choice (crap same bye) thus ol man Rivers

Round 10 (114) Corey Coleman

need a Wr4 so whats not to like young talent and prob no 1 on his team
..or Perriman love that pick Treff

Round 11 (127) KC Chiefs

well Perriman didnt slide and 3 D's gone is the run starting or can i help it keep going
as for the choice of the D well only time can tell i promise ya this @tlance (Texans) you took my choice

Round 12 (138) Jamaal Williams

A needed Rb4 and i like his chances even though i added another rookie

Round 13 (151) Will Lutz

Who ----he is the Saints kicker isnt he?

Round 14 (162) Evan Engram

Now i have 2 Qb so 2 TE is a hit on depth

however with Jordan's history up there in Washington i figure the need outweighs any WR5 that i see and
all 4 of my wr have different byes...

another rook but as i said above i like Eli this year with Odell freak show Marshall Sheppard Perkins
too many mouths or just a wide open target named Engram over the middle or in the end zone

Last edited:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Sammy I was working on something else that I just posted to the challenge thread. Now I'm on to doing the draft grades.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I have the highest paid QB on my team - - maybe those fantasypro guys grade on $$ value. :suds:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, better late than never, right?

Round 1: Odell Beckham JR.: I will always go best, safest player on the board in round 1. OBJ was tops on my list after the big 3 RB. I think Brown has more upside, but unlike with brown, I don't have to rely upon health from 2 players for this pick to hit.

Round 2: Jordy Nelson: I wasn't thrilled with this selection, but I felt the top 4 or 5 RBs were all about the same and I could get one coming back around. Jordy was the best player on the board, but his age and injury record make me a bit nervous. Hoping for 1 more big season!

Round 3: Christian McCaffery: McCaffery may not get many goal line carries, but he is an excellent football player who offers a very high floor for a rookie RB. I am very happy with this pick.

Round 4: Emmanuel Sanders: reports are that the Donkeys are expected to throw the ball more this season with their new OC. This should bode very well for Sanders. I didn't love any RBs at the top of the board, so i went the safe route.

Round 5: Drew Brees: if I am going to be weak at RB, I had better be stacked everywhere else. Brees gives me an elite QB to go with my elite WR corps. Great value in round 5.

Round 6: Bilal Powell: will he be the man in NY? I am not sure. But, he will get enough touches to be playable early on, and he showed last season he is capable of producing if given the touches.

Round 7: Samaje Perine: the Skins want Perine to be the man. I think he will be in time, of not week 1. I am really just hoping he is startable, but he could be this year's rookie surprise.

Round 8: Kenneth Dixon: he is suspended 4 games, but he is also the most talented back in Baltimore. If he can emerge as the committee leader by week 8, this pick is a win for me.

Round 9: Kyle Rudolph: best TE on the board, and I feel like there was a large drop off after Rudolph. I wanted to lock him in here and hope for a repeat of his usage last season. Bradford seems to love the TE.

Round 10: DeVante Parker: is this the year he finally breaks out? It was worth finding out at this price.

Round 11: Houston Texans: my top ranked DST in the 11th? I love the bargain here.

Round 12: Jordan Matthews: another nice value providing me with a measure of Jordy Nelson insurance. Great value here.

Round 13: Dan Bailey: he is a good kicker. Enough said.

Round 14: CARSON Wentz: best QB on the board, and I could not go without a backup given Brees' age. My hope is that i only have to start Wentz once.

Overall, I really like my team. If my RBs can provide me with solid point totals and Brees is able to put together another elite season, I like my chances!

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, better late than never, right?

Round 1: Odell Beckham JR.: I will always go best, safest player on the board in round 1. OBJ was tops on my list after the big 3 RB. I think Brown has more upside, but unlike with brown, I don't have to rely upon health from 2 players for this pick to hit.

Round 2: Jordy Nelson: I wasn't thrilled with this selection, but I felt the top 4 or 5 RBs were all about the same and I could get one coming back around. Jordy was the best player on the board, but his age and injury record make me a bit nervous. Hoping for 1 more big season!

Round 3: Christian McCaffery: McCaffery may not get many goal line carries, but he is an excellent football player who offers a very high floor for a rookie RB. I am very happy with this pick.

Round 4: Emmanuel Sanders: reports are that the Donkeys are expected to throw the ball more this season with their new OC. This should bode very well for Sanders. I didn't love any RBs at the top of the board, so i went the safe route.

Round 5: Drew Brees: if I am going to be weak at RB, I had better be stacked everywhere else. Brees gives me an elite QB to go with my elite WR corps. Great value in round 5.

Round 6: Bilal Powell: will he be the man in NY? I am not sure. But, he will get enough touches to be playable early on, and he showed last season he is capable of producing if given the touches.

Round 7: Samaje Perine: the Skins want Perine to be the man. I think he will be in time, of not week 1. I am really just hoping he is startable, but he could be this year's rookie surprise.

Round 8: Kenneth Dixon: he is suspended 4 games, but he is also the most talented back in Baltimore. If he can emerge as the committee leader by week 8, this pick is a win for me.

Round 9: Kyle Rudolph: best TE on the board, and I feel like there was a large drop off after Rudolph. I wanted to lock him in here and hope for a repeat of his usage last season. Bradford seems to love the TE.

Round 10: DeVante Parker: is this the year he finally breaks out? It was worth finding out at this price.

Round 11: Houston Texans: my top ranked DST in the 11th? I love the bargain here.

Round 12: Jordan Matthews: another nice value providing me with a measure of Jordy Nelson insurance. Great value here.

Round 13: Dan Bailey: he is a good kicker. Enough said.

Round 14: CARSON Wentz: best QB on the board, and I could not go without a backup given Brees' age. My hope is that i only have to start Wentz once.

Overall, I really like my team. If my RBs can provide me with solid point totals and Brees is able to put together another elite season, I like my chances!
You hit winner status the second you said "Donkeys"

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, shoot, I was waiting for Bandit to give his annual write-up and grades. I was waiting so I can refute anything negative. And I expect negativity. I’ll make this quick:

David Johnson was my first pick. I’m calling him Grey Poupon (D-John). Can’t believe I even considered LeVeon here.

Next 3 – Amari Cooper, Jarvis Landry, Julian Edelman. Not great, but all should easily get 1K giving me some steady contribution at WR. Flashback: last season I lost nearly all of my key WR to injury. Brutal.

Pick 5 – Frank Gore. If he doesn’t die of old age on Lucas Oil field, he’ll be a nice compliment or condiment to Grey Poupon.

6 – Delanie Walker - Since Gronk, Graham, Kelce, Reed & Olsen were snagged... Would rather have Walker than the remaining “should be” and “might be” TE that were left.

7 – Russell Wilson. Meh. Should have grabbed a better RB here. But not unhappy about Wilson.

Pick 8 & 9 – Duke Johnson and Danny Woodhead. Like both. Don’t expect much from either. But this is suicide so ya never know if a 3rd down receiving back might come in handy.

Eli Manning at 10 – Not a big fan of Archie’s youngest. (See Eric Lindros.) But he puts up decent yardage and TD numbers pretty consistently. And this year the G-men added Brandon Marshall. Cha-ching! Or should I chant “Goosefraba?”

11 – Robert Woods – who cares, the Rams will stink. I’ll only care on bye weeks or if the 3K club mentioned above get hurt.

Orange Julius (Thomas) at 11. Reunited with Adam Gase where he caught a whopping 24 TD in 2 seasons. Here's hoping. (Only 1 other owner took a 2nd TE besides me.)

12 – Gostkowski. Let’s face it, names that end in “kowski” and play for the Patriots are money. Usually.

13 – Eagles D/ST. The 168th pick (last) in the draft. Eagles D/ST finished 6th in scoring last year. Fluke? Maybe, but their schedule is easier for 2017 than it was in 2016. Can't believe 12 other D went before them. If the Eagles weren't available my next choice was the Panthers which no one took (obviously).

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting there Joe I swear. Life has been busy. I finally got around to retyping everybody's roster's into my analysis and that took 3 hours, so I will start working on the grades next. Hope to get them up by the 1st when we have to vote.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was hoping @Barilko took Elliot to help my case against him. Wow I drafted like crap on paper but I learned a lot for next season. Sorry @TKOSpikes (think it's you who took Zek) As a Redskin fan I don't think this Suspension affects us because I believe they play Cowgirls twice after his 6 game suspension. Well let's have a good season and when are our CTE scans before the season then afterwards? We already know myself and @MilkSpiller22 have damage brain.